Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaoloEmilio

Suggestion for new feature of Build 77: Body temperature

7 posts in this topic

Well, this is my suggestion, hoping for it to be implemented in build 78, with the feature of body temperature:

-Alcohol effects on body temperature:

Alcohol would help in cold areas, but not on deserts. Drinking alcohol creates heat inside the body, but also dehydratates, so on deserts it won't be helpful to drink alcohol.

-Clothing:

To coat yourself against the cold you can craft fur coats. Fur coats are worked the same way as leather, with a knife and a pattern, it has the same pattern as leather chestplate. A hat could be crafted too. Wool clothing would serve as well.

Clothings for heat would be linen. Linen could be grown like cereal crops. Once it is harvested, it is refined, giving linen seeds and linen strings as a byproduct. Linen clothing can be weaved somehow, maybe with a needle, crafted somehow. Linen protects you from the sun without causing heat like fur coats or wool clothing.

-Tents:

On hot days, or cold days, you can take a rest on a tent, that will protect you from the outside, and can serve as a hideout against hostile mobs. Just rightclick and it will work like a bed, just that monsters will not go after you. (But I really think zombies, skeles, creepers, spiders should never had been coded in TFC). I say so because I play on servers. On singleplayer I would gladly play in peaceful. (Secondary suggestion). To give a disadvantage to the tent is that you cant store anything in it. (Maybe other)

Well hope you liked my ideas feel free to comment.

I like your ideas, but drinking alcohol won't heat you up, it cools you down. alcohol makes your body give off more heat, making you feel warmer, but effective cooling you down. Maybe if drinking alcohol warmed you up for a short time before making your body temperature drop quickly. So drinking alcohol will warm you up just roughen to, say build a small shelter, but if you don't get warm before the effects run out, you'll get colder even faster than before

Totally agree with the no monster thing haha

Totally agree with the no monster thing haha

Yeah, if TFC was made to be believable, I want an answer to this: In what sense could a skeleton that moves be explained? :P

Yeah, if TFC was made to be believable, I want an answer to this: In what sense could a skeleton that moves be explained? :P

Some sort of supernatural entity, I guess, that controls the skeleton?

For zombies, recent studies have discovered that it is possible to create zombies from dead(?) people, but they are more of mindless workers, rather than brain-eating, decaying flesh-eaters, so they could be staying or not.

For spiders, leave them be. Rename them "Giant Spiders" and have them living in certain areas of the world, and code the normal spiders we know and love as normal into TFC.

For creepers, leave them be. TFC is not exactly all about the real world, and maybe they could be retweaked to be like animals, in some sort of way.

Some sort of supernatural entity, I guess, that controls the skeleton?

For zombies, recent studies have discovered that it is possible to create zombies from dead(?) people, but they are more of mindless workers, rather than brain-eating, decaying flesh-eaters, so they could be staying or not.

For spiders, leave them be. Rename them "Giant Spiders" and have them living in certain areas of the world, and code the normal spiders we know and love as normal into TFC.

For creepers, leave them be. TFC is not exactly all about the real world, and maybe they could be retweaked to be like animals, in some sort of way.

I suggested before that creepers, zombies, skeletons would be deleted. And replaced by "Mo creatures like" mobs, like rat, lions, tigers, elephants etc...

Well, this is my suggestion, hoping for it to be implemented in build 78, with the feature of body temperature:

-Alcohol effects on body temperature:

Alcohol would help in cold areas, but not on deserts. Drinking alcohol creates heat inside the body, but also dehydratates, so on deserts it won't be helpful to drink alcohol.

-Clothing:

To coat yourself against the cold you can craft fur coats. Fur coats are worked the same way as leather, with a knife and a pattern, it has the same pattern as leather chestplate. A hat could be crafted too. Wool clothing would serve as well.

Clothings for heat would be linen. Linen could be grown like cereal crops. Once it is harvested, it is refined, giving linen seeds and linen strings as a byproduct. Linen clothing can be weaved somehow, maybe with a needle, crafted somehow. Linen protects you from the sun without causing heat like fur coats or wool clothing.

-Tents:

On hot days, or cold days, you can take a rest on a tent, that will protect you from the outside, and can serve as a hideout against hostile mobs. Just rightclick and it will work like a bed, just that monsters will not go after you. (But I really think zombies, skeles, creepers, spiders should never had been coded in TFC). I say so because I play on servers. On singleplayer I would gladly play in peaceful. (Secondary suggestion). To give a disadvantage to the tent is that you cant store anything in it. (Maybe other)

Well hope you liked my ideas feel free to comment.

Like the ideas well thought out

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0