Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Pwnlord

Improve dogs.

9 posts in this topic

Dogs seem to have been lightly improved since the last time I played seriously twenty versions ago (seriously, my last successful settlement was in 0.54, IIRC) where they would attack an enemy, crash the game, and despawn on top of never stopping snarling. However, the current state of affairs is hardly better: they are only barely tameable, unbreedable, and cannot heal, dooming any attempts at building a pack.

This is a mistake, as dogs are humanity's oldest and most enduring technology. Packs of war-dogs assisted in the rout of the Romans at Teutoberg; served as pack animals for the pre-Columbian Native Americans, and accompanied us on hunts in the Stone Age, as they could keep up with our long-striding, implacable pace.

It would be a simple enough fix to give them a Food meter and the ability to heal slowly as Terra Firmacrafters do; or to combine Grain and meat to create Kibble to stretch out meat reserves. But as they are, dogs are a curiosity at best; I yearn for the improvements given to every other neutral mob so I can harrow the roaming dead with packs of dogs the size of ponies.

Posted Image

Seriously, tell me you don't want to watch this tearing apart a Zombie.

Mobs are still under heavy development. Wolves have been fixed for build 78 so that they accept more food types, have TFC health values and are breed-able. 

Just be patient for Dunkleosteus to finish working his magic on all mobs in general.

What food types do they accept currently?

I haven't found any yet.

I believe zombie flesh is the only "food" that works currently since TFC has overwritten all of the other meats.

I believe zombie flesh is the only "food" that works currently since TFC has overwritten all of the other meats.

Just tested it. Doesn't work.

I agree. In vanilla minecraft, I always try to get dogs as soon as I can. They are reliable, trustworthy companions that can help you out in tight spots and fights. sadly, a lot of the minecraft community seems to think dog are useless and not worth it.

I think dogs should be improved before other mobs, but that's my opinion and the mod developers can have other ideas so...

I guess we should wait and see.

Also, I think you should be able to feed dogs to give them instant health or a buff or something. cus, I mean, you use it to tame them, but afterwords, they wont even LOOK at it? why?

The issue is that you need A LOT of them to be effective. By themselves, they are good as distractions to Creepers.

I accidentally kill my own dogs in combat and then feel bad when I hear the sound.

The issue is that you need A LOT of them to be effective. By themselves, they are good as distractions to Creepers.

/

not really, even 1 or 2 dogs can help out a lot. I once got trapped by a couple of zombies with no weapons, but my dog saved me, and I only had one dog with me at the time. As long as you watch out for spiders and creepers, even 1 or 2 dogs can become an invaluable asset