Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aeroc

[Offline] [0.77.22]Roanoke Challenge Server[No Whitelist][CustomOreGen][Modified][MyTown][B77 Retro]

61 posts in this topic

January 2015 Update: Roanoke, the longest running TerraFirmaCraft server instance, is still chugging along. This month we've upgraded TradeBooth mod and added Steampunk Airships.

August 2014 Update: We're still running B77! Remember when the F in TFC stood for Firma and not Food?! We do! Not enough has appealed to us in TerraFoodCraft B78, so we're stuck in the past. And it seems we'll be stuck there even when TFC gets the casserole update: B79! TerraSandwichCraft!

Roanoke is back! Roanoke TFC server has a long history with TFC and we put a new spin on it in this fifth iteration of Roanoke. The Roanoke Challenge Server features customized ore generation, other TFC tweaks, chunk protection with MyTown, and trading with CustomNPC vendors and player Trade Booths. Our focus with this iteration is on scarcity, economy, community and competition. We encourage towns to grow their chunk claims aggressively, as we've made it quite affordable. Protect your prospective ore sites with chunk claims and corner the market on an ore or mineral. Roanoke veterans will also recognize a familiar world seed from Roanoke2. New to TFC? Intimidated or put off by the extra mods we run? Our launcher makes installation a breeze and the additional mods compliment TFC and won't take away or diminish your first TFC experience.

Posted Image

Installation/Launcher: http://roanoke.enjin.com/modpack (look for Roanoke #5)

IRC: http://webchat.esper.net/?nick=&channels=lostcolony

Server Website/Forum: http://roanoke.enjin.com

Server Address: lostcolony.servegame.com:26006

World Started: Dec 1, 2013

Server Activity: 460+ Unique Players

Map: http://gamogora.com/misc/roanoke/map/ (from Roanoke 2, settlements may differ)

Dynamic Map: http://lostcolony.servegame.com:8123/

We are not TFC purists, we are TFC veterans looking to make the most out of Minecraft's best mod: TFC. NPC vendors may offer items not before available in TFC, like vanilla items. We allow Nether access. You will never see an admin flying around, teleporting, or building in creative mode, everything you see is player resourced and built. We build roads and canals to connect towns, there is no teleportation or home commands and there never will be. There is no virtual currency or instant delivery transactions, instead we use Custom NPC coins, which you must carry around with you and you must bring goods to market (they don't magically appear in your inventory). We have a 360 day year, to make food production and tree growth more meaningful. We are pun friendly.

Mods List

Having trouble with our launcher? Ask us in IRC (link above) for help if you need to perform a manual installation.

• NEI
  • CustomNPC
  • ArmorStatusHUD
  • Rei's Minimap
  • StatusEffectHUD
  • ExtraFirma
  • TradeBoothMod
  • Unlit Torches and Lanterns
  • Small Boats
  • Steampunk Airships
  • Bibliocraft

TFC Customization

• OreGen: We've replaced the TFC OreGen with our own system to reward people for exploring the surface rather than digging uninspired tunnels at Y60. Gone are the TFC ore blobs, replaced instead with veins that snake their way in all direction under the surface. We also have unique sedimentary bed and kimberlite pipe generation. Anthracite mineral has been added which yields charcoal, but can only be found in the far north. No longer does ore only generate at specific levels, but minerals tend to begin at the surface and snake their way down into the deeps and can ultimately be found at any level. We've also implemented a regionalizing system that makes distinct regions of mineral/ore groups, so that you must trade or prospect over great distances to progress up the metal tiers (this is working very well, as after 2 weeks the server is still stuck in the copper age, unable to find all the ingredients that make up the bronze tier whereas in vanilla TFC someone usually gets to red steel after 5 days). Some regions may be void of ore, others may be rich, it's up to you to wander the world and prospect!
  • Tree Growth: We've nerfed sapling spam (random sapling growth in forest areas), and drastically increased the time it takes for saplings to grow into trees as part of an experiment in scarcity. We want to see mass deforestation and the challenge longer growth time brings to the server population. This might sound foolish, but it has worked really well so far. 40 days in and after 80+ unique players there is still an abundance of trees at spawn.
  • Mountain Tops: We've prevented dirt from covering the tops of high mountains for a unique look and to reveal surface minerals.
  • Misc: There may be a few other tweaks that I can't remember at this time, or that may be implemented in the future.

I'm so trying this out right now.

Also, for some reason, i can't enter the IRC channel, says my ip has been banned and it's the first time i've ever used an IRC channel...

If you have an IRC client, find an esper.net server and join channel #lostcolony. I have no idea why it kicked you, maybe someone else has the same name and was previously banned?

Yeah.. I might just try it too..Sounds very cool :)

Also, i keep getting this annoying repacking error from the launcher, what should i do?

Sorry bout that, the launcher is a bit buggy. You can do a manual Forge 871 installation under MCLauncher, find the .asielauncher/roanoke folder and move the /config and /mods folders over to the MCLauncher installation and it should work using MCLauncher.

I did what you said, should i have the server's ip? Because it isn't showing on my servers list.

I'll have to install all the mods manually: your launcher naturally won't work on linux! :angry:

Installed the mods manually over the course of an hour, (much of which was spent figuring out I had the wrong versions for things,) only to get everything running and try to connect when I'm informed that I can't join because TFC is missing ID 980. Is this an issue with anyone else or is my download just borked?

Installed the mods manually over the course of an hour, (much of which was spent figuring out I had the wrong versions for things,) only to get everything running and try to connect when I'm informed that I can't join because TFC is missing ID 980. Is this an issue with anyone else or is my download just borked?

We are using a modified version of TFC that includes a new block for Anthracite. The server thread on our http://roanoke.enjin.com/ forum has better detail regarding which versions to download.

I got the TFC itch again (haven't played much of 77) and tried to play on this server last night. It went OK for a while while I was exploring for a nice place to settle down, but then all of a sudden I had my framerate drop to like 1 fps and I couldn't fix it no matter what I did. It seemed to be a server issue because my ping was good (5 bars) and I didn't have any trouble on other servers. It only seemed to happen when I went outside the spawn zone, and for some reason it seemed to be worse with a lot of water around. I tried to boat across the ocean but the chunks wouldn't load faster than I could move and I crashed into an invisible landmass.

I suspect maybe my exploration did too much generating of new chunks and broke the server, since it only started after I explored pretty far away. Maybe it just needed a reboot, does the server reboot periodically? I'll try again tonight and see if I have the same issue or not.

Ya, the server restarts every 24h. Or whenever someone stumbles into a sequoia forest for the first time. Maybe have the wrong version of a mod, and causes framerate trouble when you wander near something that uses it. First time I heard of this trouble.

OK thanks for responding. It probably is something on my end. I will try a reinstall.

FYI for anyone else having trouble on this server or with TFC in general, I got around most of my freeze issues by turning off VSync in the video options.

Did you guys change anything?

I can't seem to enter the server and the download link from the page isn't working...

EDIT: nvm

I've been part of this server for about 2..maybe 2 and a half years now, I began when we were just simply Roanoke 2, from there we've had multiple makeovers and started running TerraFirmaCraft alongside Tekkit based modpacks all linked together in irc, this way we have been able to still talk and joke with our mates, whether some have been playing TerraFirma whilst the others on the Tekkit side of the server, we all still can have a laugh!

All in all, I've loved this server since I joined, literally haven't found a group of people like this on any other server, just cool and easy going, always up for a laugh and most importantly - Always able to help out when their on-line, whether its an in-game problem, a pc problem, or a life problem you have come up against, needless to say they have helped me through troubles and I'm ever so grateful.

I highly recommend to AT-LEAST give this server a try and see what you think of it after 2 weeks,

My guess would be after you see the people on-line here and the richness of character that they all have,

I guarantee you'll become a Roanoker like the rest of us! :P

If your looking for tech, you'll find it all on the Ragnarok side of Roanoke, you'll find me there quite often :L

If your looking for towns, trade and commerce, you'll find that at the heart of the Roanoke Community, on the TerraFirmaCraft server :)

There's something for everyone's taste over here, and I simply cannot find the words to properly describe how much fun I've had here, come look at some screenshots of the adventures I've had on here and you'll see why I love it so much :P

Hope to see you's in-game soon,

~Smoke~

Adventure Screenshot Links:

Hadron Collider [Particle Accelerator]

http://roanoke.enjin.com/forum/m/11939015/viewthread/8108279-smokes-hadron-collidercompleted

Dimensional Doors...And What To Expect! O.O

http://roanoke.enjin.com/forum/m/11939015/viewthread/7809801-dimensional-doorsand-what-to-expect-oo

Highly Recommend this album>  The Adventure's of Smoke, Ie & Galafreed.

http://roanoke.enjin.com/forum/m/11939015/viewthread/8060875-adventures-smoke-ie-galafreed

You know I take it back, this server ain't just damn fine, it's magnificently fine. I joined 3 or so years ago back in the beginning of Roanoke 1, and boy has it changed over the years. Many people reading this have probably played TFC before, but I must tell you, thanks to the work of aero and other members of the Roanoke modding community, you really can't call this server just TFC. With Roanoke, you don't have to mine to get far in the game. If you don't want to be a miner, you could be a farmer, lumberjack, blacksmith, etc., or a little bit of everything. But I have to say, the most wonderful thing about Roanoke isn't the custom ore generation, or the npcs, it's the community. Players trade with each other and interact with each other in such a way that it forms bonds from player to player. People on Roanoke aren't just players, they're friends. Whether it's lending a saw, or helping others with problems in-game and out of the game, the family of Roanoke is always there for you. So anyone wanting to join our family and have a great time, consider braving TFC and joining us, here, at Roanoke.

cant see the modpack part on the site, says that have no perms to see it

Hey there ghiojo. You need to copy the modpack address from the Roanoke enjin site under the modpack links and then paste it into the add modpack portion of the technic launcher.

Each month, we take a screenshot of Spawntown's bounty for that month. The bounty represents the ingots, gems and diamonds that were sold to NPC vendors in exchange for currency (coins). Here is the haul for this server instance's first month:

Posted Image

Looking forward to seeing the haul for January soon. Also we broke 100+ unique players this week.

When i go to the modpack website (http://roanoke.enjin.com/modpack), it says i dont have access. I think this server looks great, and i really want to get back into TFC. Any help would be appreciated. 

When i go to the modpack website (http://roanoke.enjin.com/modpack), it says i dont have access. I think this server looks great, and i really want to get back into TFC. Any help would be appreciated. 

You must register on the roanoke.enjin.com site to gain access.

If you have registered and still do not have access, you need to post in the Roanoke forums on the same site.

Bob