Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deez

Dual Weilding

16 posts in this topic

A few mods have been capable of pulling off dual wielding, and I feel that this is something we should definitely have for TFCraft as a basic system. I'd really love if holding a torch cast off light as well, to make dual wielding that much more meaningful.

A few mods have been capable of pulling off dual wielding, and I feel that this is something we should definitely have for TFCraft as a basic system. I'd really love if holding a torch cast off light as well, to make dual wielding that much more meaningful.

i would have to agree, i think using one hand is outdated vMC stuff. using both hands is for men! naw, but i do think that it could add some interesting gameplay into the mix with this mod in particular.

And some things, like pick axes, should actually take both hands and such to use.

All the basic tools should require both hands in my opinion. Ever tried to till soil with one hand? It doesn't work lol. We could have 2 swords however: 1-handed and 2-handed. The latter dealing more damage of course.

All the basic tools should require both hands in my opinion. Ever tried to till soil with one hand? It doesn't work lol. We could have 2 swords however: 1-handed and 2-handed. The latter dealing more damage of course.

That makes sense. Also, shields. Shields bro, shields.

I'd prefer something more like Adventure Craft in which you can access all items in your hotbar immediately with both hands, without needing extraneous menus.

It did this by using two selectors on the hotbar, and giving you the ability to toggle between which you scroll/select with by pressing a button like ctrl, or f.

And when it comes to using two-handed correctly [like a tool, or a bow], when you went to actually use the item, you'd lose functionality of the other hand. Using the bow in the right hand would make you left hand deselect its item, and use the bow, but after using the bow, the item in the left hand is pulled out again.

It would be nice to have a favorites menu like in Skyrim, with a short time delay in switching gear.

I might be an anomaly in that case since I ran MC with a dynamic light mod some time (last year-ish? can't recall) and I play on a laptop with integrated graphics (and this laptop is roughly 6 years old). And it didn't slow it down at all. However fancy graphics slows me down as well as graphics packs above 32x32. Unless you're talking about multiplayer dynamic lights (in which case I think it should be a client-side thing anyway. It's more enjoyable to have the dynamic light while carrying a torch into a fresh unexplored cave network.

Yeah dual wielding is cool idea.Broadswords and 1 handed swords are also a good idea bur steve has no ellbows :(

I disagree. Have you ever seen someone fight holding a sword and a shield? They look ridiculous. Either it's like poking someone with a toothpick, or you are hopelessly outclassed by someone without a shield. Actually, both of those could happen at the same time, so it's pretty much just a bad idea. Stop thinking Skyrim, start thinking reality. I like the idea of holding a sword or hoe in a two-handed stance though, and requiring longer use animations. I would like to see longer animations for the axe, as cutting down a tree isn't the easiest thing in the world.

What about a key toggle? I noticed adventure craft has duel wielding, but it seems to be tiresome to make it work correctly. How about hold ctrl and scroll or press a number to select an off-hand item and release controll to go back to selecting the main hand item? I think all of these are great ideas, I'll talk to bioxx :)

I like that idea. Ctrl or Alt would be perfect (and allow it to be assigned to any other key too).

That makes sense. Also, shields. Shields bro, shields.

Shields... we need shields. Don't listen to Jivix! But yeah, this is a great idea, I won't be missing battlegear anymore.

I like how it would work with a dynamic lights like mod, right now I have to run around holding a torch, plant it, and check for monsters, and if there's any, swap to my weapon, and after killing the dang creeper, switch back to the torch. And anyone that have ever played any adventure rpg knows that this is bullshit :v ppl wouldn't keep their sword away when they know they might be in danger

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0