Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Alan

Thirst in the deep mines

20 posts in this topic

The link you provided says nothing about water in that mine. Also, you can stock your inventory with ceramic jugs or glass bottles full of water and bring those down with you to quench your thirst.

There are also a few underground caves and ravines in TFC at low levels that do spawn with rivers in them.

Sorry for my english. I said that player need use ceramic jugs or glass bottles more often that usually.

And if on the surface player use 2 ceramic jugs in the deep mines he sould use 3 ceramic jugs.

It will be seems more naturally.

Oh! You're suggesting that because it is hotter down at the bottom of mines, the player's thirst should drain faster, and they must drink more water? I guess that makes sense. Body temperature is being added in B78, and that affects both hunger and thirst. I'm pretty sure that players will be colder at higher elevations, maybe we can set it up so that they get warmer at lower levels.

Oh! You're suggesting that because it is hotter down at the bottom of mines, the player's thirst should drain faster, and they must drink more water? I guess that makes sense. Body temperature is being added in B78, and that affects both hunger and thirst. I'm pretty sure that players will be colder at higher elevations, maybe we can set it up so that they get warmer at lower levels.

----

Already done !

Check out my PR i rewrote the temperature system entirely.

:P

It makes logic, and with leather water sac addon I'll bring 3 sacs with 12 uses, even more effective than those jugs. But really, I can't wait to bath in the hot springs!!

----

Already done !

Check out my PR i rewrote the temperature system entirely.

:P

Although I have the ability to merge PR's, I have been asked by Dunk and Bioxx to leave all merges to them. Please also keep in mind that they prefer that you leave all features and major overhauls to them, and only to submit PRs for small things such as localization changes and bugfixes, untill you have proven yourself, and have gotten permission from the Devs to make the change before coding it. Since you re-wrote an entire class, it is going to take time for Bioxx to look over everything and make sure that nothing else was broken, as the majority of the world generation code depends on that class. It is very possible that he may take the lazy way out and just ignore the PR instead of doing all the work to make sure it is correct.

"Oh! You're suggesting that because it is hotter down at the bottom of mines, the player's thirst should drain faster, and they must drink more water? I guess that makes sense. Body temperature is being added in B78, and that affects both hunger and thirst. I'm pretty sure that players will be colder at higher elevations, maybe we can set it up so that they get warmer at lower levels."

It will be great :)

Thanks

"Oh! You're suggesting that because it is hotter down at the bottom of mines, the player's thirst should drain faster, and they must drink more water? I guess that makes sense. Body temperature is being added in B78, and that affects both hunger and thirst. I'm pretty sure that players will be colder at higher elevations, maybe we can set it up so that they get warmer at lower levels."

I think it should grow colder underground for the first few hundred or so meters, and then grow hotter.

While the underground is hot near lava and deep under near the mantle, until you get deep enough to get effected by them, underground remains cooler than the surface

yeah, mining would then require warm clothes to maintain body temperature high enough to not freeze. (slowness/slow mining).

Although I have the ability to merge PR's, I have been asked by Dunk and Bioxx to leave all merges to them. Please also keep in mind that they prefer that you leave all features and major overhauls to them, and only to submit PRs for small things such as localization changes and bugfixes, untill you have proven yourself, and have gotten permission from the Devs to make the change before coding it. Since you re-wrote an entire class, it is going to take time for Bioxx to look over everything and make sure that nothing else was broken, as the majority of the world generation code depends on that class. It is very possible that he may take the lazy way out and just ignore the PR instead of doing all the work to make sure it is correct.

----

I code those stuffs for fun and personal server use.

If it can benefit vanilla TFC i PR that's all.

I think it should grow colder underground for the first few hundred or so meters, and then grow hotter.

While the underground is hot near lava and deep under near the mantle, until you get deep enough to get effected by them, underground remains cooler than the surface

-----

earth temperature under the part that freeze during winter(about 2m) stay at ~8 oC than near magma well you know....

earth temperature under the part that freeze during winter(about 2m) stay at ~8 oC than near magma well you know....

Umm, What? I cant understand what you are trying to say.

He's saying that the first 2 meters of the Earth's crustal would follow seasonal outdoor temperature.
It's not a bad idea!! However, must harden the dirt in winter by putting it more difficult to shovel ;)

Umm, What? I cant understand what you are trying to say.

That the first 2 meters of the Earth's crustal would follow seasonal outdoor temperature; frozen in winter, unfrozen in summer.

Maybe a little too complicated, but it would be cool to harden the dirt but putting it more difficult to shovel.

----

That's what i was trying to say.

Frozen dirt It would take time to code(if doable) for no real benefit.....

I always found the winter not enough scary.  ^_^

I always found winter not enough scary.  ^_^

Winter is really hard if you get there without any resources you'll have trouble trying to survive because there is almost no food, no grass for the kiln and wood seems to be longer to grow also agriculture is not a possibility. Try playing a nordic game then tell me how easy it was.

Winter is really hard if you get there without any resources you'll have trouble trying to survive because there is almost no food, no grass for the kiln and wood seems to be longer to grow also agriculture is not a possibility. Try playing a nordic game then tell me how easy it was.

Is TFC designed for high nordic surviving yet?? Since you cannot advance in the game without any renewable woods supply like you said, what's the point?

Or thinking of a suitable well balanced survival system for those nordic regions. Anyway, it could be a nice challenging alternative for advanced TFC players.

He's saying that the first 2 meters of the Earth's crustal would follow seasonal outdoor temperature.
It's not a bad idea!! However, must harden the dirt in winter by putting it more difficult to shovel ;)

Ah I see.

I know it's colder below 2 meters. I've been there, wished I'd packed a jacket(and it was summer, in a desert....)

But yea, the frozen dirt thing will be nice. I mean, have you tried to dig in the winter? it's an effort to get the shovel deep enough to dig more than a few inches of dirt. takes the better part of an hour to get even close to a cubic meter

mmm, I disagree, If I recall correctly, temperature grows 2°C hotter per 30 m of depth. The change in temperature is not caused by magma either, it's because of pressure. Feel free to correct me though, I do not seem to be able to quote a source properly at the moment.EDIT:found source, I was almost right :P anyway here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geothermal_gradient.Minecraft world isn't nearly deep enough to show great excursions in temperature, so maybe we want to change that. I think that very hot mines pose a greater and funnier challenge.

mmm, I disagree, If I recall correctly, temperature grows 2°C hotter per 30 m of depth. The change in temperature is not caused by magma either, it's because of pressure. Feel free to correct me though, I do not seem to be able to quote a source properly at the moment.EDIT:found source, I was almost right :P anyway here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geothermal_gradient.Minecraft world isn't nearly deep enough to show great excursions in temperature, so maybe we want to change that. I think that very hot mines pose a greater and funnier challenge.

Oh, I see. I just thought it should get colder, because all caves I've been to were a lot cooler than the surface