Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Tsuarok

Public Service Announcement -- MCEdit

26 posts in this topic

Just to let people know, I've just tested out MCEdit, and it seems to work just fine with TFC's extensive custom blocks (though they all appear pink).  I've managed to import a world, add granite boulders, and delete large chunks of landscape.  It also reads chiseled blocks and allows you to make schematics of them (!!!!).

I'm having trouble testing out ores blocks because I don't know their block IDs and I can't get them with silk touch... if anyone knows the ids please let me know, I'll test them out.

So... get out there and start making adventure maps!!

Edit: See post #4 for world painter info.

Edited by Tsuarok

hm, nice. But I wonder if it works with world painter?

I've been unable to get WP to work directly, but with a little bit of patience (or a lot, depending on your map), MCEdit schematics can transfer your landscape in.

okay, I've gotten World Painter to work, though with some caveats.

1)The water level seems to really want to be set at 144.  I was able to load a world with a lower level, but it crashed shortly after loading (presumably a tidal wave was heading my way). 

2)No Caves Everywhere or Chasms Everwhere options, the world seems to simply crash before ever loading, and I have to reinstall TFC.

3)Check the box "Let mincraft populate terrain" to stick in ores and such.  You should be able to be selective about this by using the populate layer, though I didn't try.

4)Check the extended block IDs in the edit menu.  Look up the IDs ingame with NEI or F3+h.  I may compile a list when I finish cataloging all the blocks.

5)You have to set up the stone layers manually using several Underground Pockets layers set to 100%.  Combined layers is your friend.

6)It seems that TFC may put caves in but that World Painter fills them up with whatever you selected as your underground material.  I'll test this out by selecting air and get back to you.

7)TFC acknowledges your biome selections, but utterly ignores them for the sake of spawning trees, etc.

8)WP puts your map at the origin.  TFC puts you a few kilometers away.  You'll need to teleport, and unless you make a truly enormous map, your map will be entirely in the tropics.

9)TFC spawns surface rock that have absolutely no bearing on the custom terrain rock.

10) I didn't see any animals.  You may want to spawn in a few.

11)When you first load up your world, everything takes forever to update as the dirt falls and the ore and such spawn in.  It would probably be nice to fly around the whole map to populate it before you release it.

12)I didn't try and use the tree population layers, as I think they'd only spawn vanilla trees.

I'll put in more stuff as I find it.

If anyone would like to help me catalog the various rocks, dirt, and sand, I'd really appreciate it.  Look for new dirt and sand types, check what rocks they spawn on, and send me the ids.  So far I have Phyllite, Rhyolite, Siltstone, Dacite, and  Gabbro, as well as their respective dirts.  I only have the sand for Rhyolite.  When I'm done, I'll complile a list for people to use.

Just to demonstrate what you can do in MCEdit, a little screenshot.  I only made one of the arches in game.  Obviously, it's not a huge structure or anything, but it shows the kind of time-savings you can get using the program.

Posted Image

You can also see a tiny portion of the land I cleared.

Nice, I've gotten SinglePlayerCommands to work with TFC. You may want to try it out yourself!

really? I haven't tried out world edit, I thought it was incompatible with forge... how did you get it to work?

Ore IDs should be 2096, 2097, and 2098.

Ore IDs should be 2096, 2097, and 2098.

Awesome, ty!  I'll test these out right away.

BTW, would you happen have time to explain how the detailed block id/data tag/nbt system determines shape and texture?  I'm trying to make a filter for MCEdit that can take block structures and make scale models with detailed blocks, but I can't seem to figure out the system.

Awesome, ty!  I'll test these out right away.

BTW, would you happen have time to explain how the detailed block id/data tag/nbt system determines shape and texture?  I'm trying to make a filter for MCEdit that can take block structures and make scale models with detailed blocks, but I can't seem to figure out the system.

I've only worked on detailed blocks a little bit, enough understanding to be able to fix z-fighting in b78, but I can try and help however I can. It's a little difficult to help you without knowing what you can see from MCEdit, so if you want to PM me with the data you can see, I can try and help you interpret what it means and how it works.

Manual way to get Forge + SPC. There used to be an easier way with Magic Launcher, but I've forgotten to write down the parameters on this computer...STEP 1:download and install the latest version of singleplayercommands (singleplayer commands can be found here- http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/94310-162-single-player-commands-v49-official-download-spc-noclip/)STEP 2:install minecraft forge and run the forge profileSTEP 3:navigate to your C:Users(user name)AppDataRoaming.minecraftlibrariesnetSTEP 4:create a folder named singleplayercommandsSTEP 5:create a folder named singleplayercommands within the folder you created in step 4STEP 6:create a folder named MC1.6.2_V4.9 within the folder you created in step 5Step 7:copy the SPC archive into the folder you created in step 6STEP 8:rename the SPC archive to singleplayercommands-MC1.6.2_V4.9STEP 9:copy the worldedit jar from the SPC archive to your minecraft bin (create the "bin" folder if needed)STEP 10:delete the worldedit jar from the SPC archiveSTEP 11:make sure your SPC archive is saved as a .jar and not a .zipSTEP 12:locate and create a backup of your minecraft forge folder located in C:Users(user name)AppDataRoaming.minecraftversionsSTEP 13:change the name of your forge to whatever you would like by renaming the folder and both the items it contains as well as the id located within the json file (make sure all the names are EXACTLY the SAME)STEP 14:within the json file start a new line at line 8 and put the following there and then save the file:{"name": "net.singleplayercommands:singleplayercommands:MC1.6.2_V4.9","serverreq": false},Note: Step 14 is easier with notepad++STEP 15:go to your minecraft launcher and create a profile for your new forge + SPC jar (make sure to choose the name you gave the jar as the version the profile will use)STEP 16:in the JVM Arguments put a space after the -Xmx1G and then paste"-Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true" into the box (be sure to include the quotations)STEP 17:run minecraft and enjoy other mods alongside SPCI Sinserly Hope This Works It Did For MeAny Questions Drop Me A Message

Awesome, ty Rhapsodyman, I'll try it out.  Though I do use ML, so maybe I'll try and work something out with it first.

@Dunk

Great, ty!  It will take me a bit of time to compile the data I'm gathering, expect a message in about a week.  

I'm having trouble testing out ores blocks because I don't know their block IDs and I can't get them with silk touch... if anyone knows the ids please let me know, I'll test them out.

--

Here they are pal!

2096 - Native copper

2096:1 - Native gold

2096:2 - Native platinum

2096:3 - Hematite

2096:4 - Native silver

2096:5 - Cassiterite

2096:6 - Galena

2096:7 - Bismuthinite

2096:8 - Garnierite

2096:9 - Malachite

2096:10 - Magnetite

2096:11 - Limonite

2096:12 - Sphalerite

2096:13 - Tetrahedrite

2096:14 - Bituminous coal

2096:15 - Lignite

So far that's the ones I got, plus Kaolinite, 2097 and Borax, 2098, good luck finding the others

--Here they are pal! 2096 - Native copper2096:1 - Native gold2096:2 - Native platinum2096:3 - Hematite2096:4 - Native silver2096:5 - Cassiterite2096:6 - Galena2096:7 - Bismuthinite2096:8 - Garnierite2096:9 - Malachite2096:10 - Magnetite2096:11 - Limonite2096:12 - Sphalerite2096:13 - Tetrahedrite2096:14 - Bituminous coal2096:15 - Lignite So far that's the ones I got, plus Kaolinite, 2097 and Borax, 2098, good luck finding the others

Awesome, ty Paolo! I've been trying to decode the detailed block tags so I hadn't started looking into these; and now I don't have to!

Don't worry Tsu, glad I could help, good luck spawning ore veins! If you pass me a tutorial when you finish development, you will help me a lot once I start making adventure maps in build 78!

Saltpeter is 2097:6 btw, I'm checking for the others, anybody knows the ID of graphite? It's a pain in the arse.

cool, thanks man

Maybe we could get all these IDs on the wiki?  It seems like something that should be there...

Yeah 2097:0 is Kaolinite. Anybody got an idea for graphite? We're in the year 1005 already and couldn't find any.

Apparently 2097:4 is Graphite but i can't tell 100% yet, since it's scattered as hell, even hard to find in creative, let alone survival.

Are you guys really trying to find the ore block to get it's ID? Why not just cycle through the /give @p ID# QTY META command with each damage value to see what each one gets? Anyways, I did it for you since it took all of 2 minutes. For example /give @p 2097 1 2 gives the nearest player 1 of 2097:2.. aka Satinspar

All of PaoloEmilio's values are correct, and here are the rest:

2097:0 Kaolinite

2097:1 Gypsum

2097:2 Satinspar

2097:3 Selenite

2097:4 Graphite

2097:5 Kimberlite

2097:6 Petrified Wood

2097:7 Sulfur

2097:8 Jet

2097:9 Microcline

2097:10 Pitchblende

2097:11 Cinnabar

2097:12 Cryolite

2097:13 Saltpeter

2097:14 Serpentine

2097:15 Sylvite

2098:0 Borax

2098:1 Olivine

2098:2 Lapis Lazuli

The reason that these numbers are not one the wiki are for two reasons, 1 individual ores/minerals no longer each have their own page.. it's all on one page and that's a lot of specific numbers to cram into one chart. Secondly, the numbers are "hard" to obtain to prevent people from cheating them in, using them incorrectly and then crashing their game.

Wait, cheating them in can crash the game?  What about "cheating" them in in custom maps and such?

I'd like to have the numbers in the wiki for ores and all blocks really, it would lower the barrier to making texture packs, custom maps, use in MCEdit, etc.

If people want to cheat, it's their loss...  Those who want to really shouldn't have chosen TFC to begin with.  Why choose to make your game harder and then cheat?

Two things.

1. Why do you need ID numbers for texture packs? Texture packs are just based off of the files, which use the item names.. ID number have nothing to do with them

2. ID numbers are going away completely once TFC is ported to 1.7, instead of 2097:2, it will be terrafirmacraft:satinspar_ore or something similar

NinjaEdit: The main reason that all the numbers aren't on the wiki individually, and can only be found in ranges on the item index page are because I know of this pending change.. and I'm only one person. One person that probably writes 90% of the wiki. I'm not going to go add every single item ID, only to have to delete them all once TFC ports to MC 1.7+

TFC was created as a mod specifically with survival minecraft in mind, not for creative mode, or map making. We can't guarantee that anything is going to work when cheated in, or that it won't crash your game. Those bugs also probably won't be fixed either until the mod is out of, or almost out of beta. A few examples of these bugs would be that cheated in meals give negative filling, and the ceramic vessel was removed from the creative menu because grabbing the wrong one and opening it would instantly crash the client. These bugs require extensive work to fix, which in turn makes them very low priority on the list of things to do, since the mod wasn't written for stuff to be cheated in anyways.

1. CTM seems to require matchBlocks=#### for some reason.  I don't know why, but it just doesn't apply when I only reference it by name.  

2. This makes sense; if I understand it properly (which is unlikely) it doesn't remove the block ID numbers, it just allows them to also be referenced by block ID names as well.  I hope this is the case, since neither MCEdit nor World Painter recognize block ID names.

If not, I hope there is some awesome benefit to doing all that work and completely eliminating map-making tool compatibility. 

This makes sense; if I understand it properly (which is unlikely) it doesn't remove the block ID numbers, it just allows them to also be referenced by block ID names as well.  I hope this is the case, since neither MCEdit nor World Painter recognize block ID names.

If not, I hope there is some awesome benefit to doing all that work and completely eliminating map-making tool compatibility. 

The whole point of switching over to namespaces was to remove ID conflicts that are so common when modding MC.

It's very possible that the numbers are still hiding in the background, but according to the Vanilla changelog, the numbers won't be around for long:

• Block/Item IDs
  • Can now be referred to by their names instead of numbers.
  • Will be the only option in the future.
  • Necessary for the Plugin API.