Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tehblooper

it came from space...

9 posts in this topic

I think adding meteors that fell from space would be awsome. They can carry ores and sometimes ores you cant even find on your world. 

I think that idea has already been suggested, before. Never dwelt on the matter, though.

I don't think iv'e ever heard the thought of meteorites before.

BUT, there should be a catch to mining meteorites. Because it came from space it probably absorbed A LOT of radiation from space.

So it should be dangerous to mine from meteorites, even though meteorites should have valuable metals like gold and even a metal stronger than red steel.

This sounds freaking awesome. Some of the best metal objects in history were reportedly made from meteors.

The metal from meteors that was used was iron. In Egypt for example, meteoric iron was more valuable that gold. The meteoric iron was so good because it had a very high carbon content that, until the advent of steel, man could not replicate. Even meteoric iron would be inferior to steel. I like the idea of meteors, but  they should be uncommon and their products not overpowered.

What a lot of people don't know, outside of scientists who study them, and the smiths who try to make things from them, is that meteors undergo extreme heat, and due to having other metals mixed in with the rock they tend to make strange alloys that only happen under extremely intense conditions. I have a sword that has been in my family for generations ( it was made sometime in the late 1600s) and what i have been told and was recorded is that it was made from a meteor.While yes, the metal is inferior to modern super steels, but it sure beats even crucible steel in hardness and strength. and it seems to have chromium mixed in as it hasn't rusted but has tarnished over the years.Metals commonly found in meteors;  Mostly Iron PlatiniumIridiumMagnesiumTitaniumTungsten

CoboltAlso many more but just from memory, and some traces of the precious metals gold and copper

Edited by Kazahied

.... I have a sword that has been in my family for generations ( it was made sometime in the late 1600s) and what i have been told and was recorded is that it was made from a meteor.....

You know that you can't just say that and give us NO picture, right? :)

You know that you can't just say that and give us NO picture, right? :)

Lol, right, but well, maybe the sword isn't really his. Or he coudn't photograph it, or it could be damaged if photographed. Have comprehension to him.

The sword is very old and i tend to not like to touch it too much, but as soon as i can get a hold of it again ill post a picture. It's nothing fancy though, to the untrained eye it looks like a bit of tarnished tungsten. It's still sharp though as i nearly severed a limb when i was younger playing with it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0