Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlChimiK

Igneous Extrusive, what is this ?

6 posts in this topic

Hello :)

sorry for my english, I don't speak english very well !I have questions about tin.

How can I find cassiterite  ?

On the wiki I can see there's cassiterite in Igneous Extrusive stones.But where can I find Igneous Extrusive ? I don't know what is this :/ 

Thanx for your answers :)

It's a fancy science word for "came out of a volcano" and describes a specific group of rocks. It's easier to use one word instead of having to name all of the possible rocks everytime.

Look ingame for rocks named* "Andesite", "Basalt", "Dacite" or "Rhyolite". All of them can contain cassiterite ore.

* Names may vary if you play the game in another language.

OK thanx for your answer !

In the wiki, I see that cassiterite is contain in Andesite, Basalt, Dacite or Rhyolite but only in middle and  lower layers.
So do I have to search in caves the cassiterite ?
I see too that I can find cassiterite in granite, is it on the surface ?
If yes, is it more simply ti find granit on the surface or others stones in caves ?

Thank you :)

The chance to get a kind of stone are the same everywhere, I think. So you're much more likely to find one out of four stone types in one out of two layers, than you are to find exactly granite exactly in layer 1.

However, surface exploration is fast and easy... exploring underground requires a lot of slow digging.

Sometimes, sharp cliffs or mountains let you see the second layer even on the surface. And if there is a cave, definitely explore it.

Yes, it's possible to find cassiterite on the surface if the surface layer of rock is granite. To find cassiterite in the other four rock types you will need to be in the lower two rock layers, which are well below the surface.

Caves and ravines that you find on the surface rarely go deep enough to hit the second and third rock layers, so usually you end up having to dig down to get to them. However, once you are down there then there are subterranean caverns in which it is possible to find layer 2 and 3 ores.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0