Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Thalarctia

Introduction to TFC - Youtube Tutorial / Play-along for new players [Complete]

5 posts in this topic

Greetings! Over the last month or so I have been doing two separate YouTube series on TerraFirmaCraft. One is a Cooperative Let's Play (which is linked elsewhere on this forum), and the other is the topic of this thread - My Play-along Introduction / Guide to TerraFirmaCraft.

In the series I play through the various stages of the mod, starting from being a hunter/gatherer and as of writing this, I have begun construction of a large multistory house for my forge and other stuff. I make it a point to continually introduce the audience to new aspects of the mod, both explaining and showing how to work the different mod mechanics, while also giving a realistic impression of how progress is made for a survivial player (since I do everything in survival, somewhat like a normal Let's Play). I have recieved a lot of very positive feedback on this series, but I wanted to share it with a wider audience, namely you guys!

Start watching right away:

Link to the entire playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAA07QvMqZSX46V0qD5819DPu7axWf2ep

Each and every episode contains and explains new aspects of the mod, new mechanics or blocks or items, so while the series is best viewed as a whole, it is possible to pick out specific episodes that contain the answers to your specific questions. Below is a reference table for which mechanics are discussed in each episode.

Episode 1: World generation, stone tool knapping, campfires

Episode 2: Finding metal nuggets, making pit kilns, pottery

Episode 3: Settling down, metal tool casting

Episode 4: Setting up sluices

Episode 5: Locating veins through prospecting, mining underground

Episode 6: Making charcoal, getting a stone anvil

Episode 7: Basic animal husbandry, welding ingots, making a metal anvil, milling flour

Episode 8: Shearing sheep, making cloth and beds, setting up a forge

Episode 9: Building a stone brick house, forge chimney, stonecarving with a chisel

Episode 10: Anvil Smithing, creation of paper plans

Episode 11: In-depth tool smithing, nutrients in farm soil, crop rotation

Episode 12: Leatherworking, creating armor, animal husbandry

Episode 13: Armor smithing, cave spelunking

Episode 14: Refining iron, bloomery

Episode 14 marks the end of the series, as from here on there is a very limited amount of new content to introduce players to, at least until build 78 arrives.

i will sub man,im sonicvstrex on youtube

As this series is still done in a Let's Play/Play Along style.. and is not strictly tutorial videos, I have moved it to the Let's Play section of the forums where it is better suited.

As this series is still done in a Let's Play/Play Along style.. and is not strictly tutorial videos, I have moved it to the Let's Play section of the forums where it is better suited.

Unfortunately that also makes it a lot less visible for the intended audience, people who would actually like some help with getting started with the mod. It is of course your call, I just wanted to point out that I posted it on the other forum intentionally, as that was where the majority of the people who would be interested in the content would be most likely to look for it first.

Just bringing a long overdue update to this thread - I have ended my TFC series, as I feel like Iv'e run out of content to cover. There is a select few mechanics I have not touched upon, either because they never came up during my playthrough or because the amount of time needed to explore them fully was much greater than I have been able to put in, but overall I consider the series completed. It contains a nice learn-by-doing playthrough of the early to mid-game and will function nicely as an introduction to the mod for any new player wishing to get a headstart rather than just diving in. I'd like to thank all those of you who watched it, it was good fun to play and make the videos, and I am now happily working on my other series in the same tutorial'esque / edutainment manner!