Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

[0.79.30.925] HappyDiggers - The most popular public TFC server - Now also TechNode Firmacraft 3.7.1 (unofficial TFC)

512 posts in this topic

a suggestion to the description... you should add the exact build of the tfc you're using i searched a little till i found out it was Build 79.14 :D

well i just found out that it was 79.15 xD

This has probably been said but I'm sure now that most of the lag and timeouts/crashes are due to the broadcast/announcer plugin. Every time it announces something there's a huge lagspike a few seconds later, or sometimes there's a lagspike and then the broadcast appears. Would it be easier to just get rid of the plugin?

The announcer plugin was removed several days ago due to the pausing issue.  The current announcements are not being run on a plugin, but rather a custom made server script, the same one used to give you the message upon entering the game, etc. The timeouts are due to an error with java and netty and is currently being fixed and troubleshooted.  You can follow the discussion on the issue on the Server Disconnect Problem thread on the forums. 

The current announcer is basically the startup script typing text directly into the Minecraft console. If you've ever run a Minecraft server with a .bat file on your computer and typed something into the command prompt, you've done what we're doing. Only we're doing it automated.

In short, it's highly unlikely that a chat message is causing the intermittent lag spikes. Sverf has just moved the server instance to Java 8. Let's see if that'll do any good. So far it doesn't seem to have solved the mass disconnects.

Next up on our list is to hack Cauldron and add a new netty. That'll be fun :B

In game username: Apo11osArrow

How long have you been playing TFC?: Just over a couple of months, I started after Etho ended his TFC series.

Why do you want to join the HC group?: I'm not a huge fan of the teleport commands.

Have you fully read and understand what you are applying for?: Yes.

a suggestion to the description... you should add the exact build of the tfc you're using i searched a little till i found out it was Build 79.14 :D

Oops, I seemed to have missed this one.

The TFC version our server is running is in the topic title of this thread. It has been ever since the early days we started this server. So basically you can see the version at the top of every page in this thread written in a huge font :)

In game username: Apo11osArrow

How long have you been playing TFC?: Just over a couple of months, I started after Etho ended his TFC series.

Why do you want to join the HC group?: I'm not a huge fan of the teleport commands.

Have you fully read and understand what you are applying for?: Yes.

You have been added the the Hard Core group on HappyDiggers, enjoy!

Well as you can imagine im obviously totaly blind xD

Umm I just made a blueprint and when I tried using it on a block it crashed. I heard the blueprint breaking, it kicked me out of the server. When I tried logging back in it said something along the lines of "Invalid session, restart". I restarted my game and now when I try logging in it just stays at "Logging in..", and after a few seconds it says "Timed out".. Help please :(

After a mass disconnect it can sometimes take a minute before you can reconnect again. From the logs I see you joined the server about a minute after posting so you already know this :)

After a mass disconnect it can sometimes take a minute before you can reconnect again. From the logs I see you joined the server about a minute after posting so you already know this :)

Yea sorry, forgot to check back here and say I managed to log back in. Didn't think it was a mass DC and thought it was something on my side, my bad.

The HappyDiggers TFC server now uses a mod-whitelist. This means that players may only have certain mods installed when they join our server. To be absolutely clear. You only need TerraFirmaCraft installed to be able to join, nothing else.

We have taken this measure in an attempt to prevent server instability and mass disconnects that happen from time to time.

The following list are OPTIONAL mods. They are all client-side mods that enhance visuals or provide extra information like mini-maps, tool tips and damage indicators.

• MobiusCore
  • Waila
  • Opis (Use this instead of MapWriter, it's the same)
  • ReiMinimap
  • journeymap
  • voxelmap
  • Zan's minimap
  • NotEnoughItems
  • TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin
  • CodeChickenCore
  • DamageIndicatorsMod
  • bspkrsCore
  • wawla
  • DynamicLights_dropItems
  • DynamicLights_entityClasses
  • DynamicLights_onFire
  • DynamicLights_otherPlayers
  • DynamicLights_mobEquipment
  • DynamicLights_floodLights
  • DynamicLights
  • DynamicLights_flameArrows
  • DynamicLights_creepers
  • DynamicLights_thePlayer

We have chosen not to include Fastcraft. This mod is obsolete since the chunk generating problem was fixed in the current Forge version and it doesn't run on Cauldron. In regard to chunk loading (not generating) you are better off using Optifine. It is known to not only increase performance significantly, it also prevents certain crashes due to bugs in TFC in regard to fruit trees in b78 and b79.

If you would like us to add any other mods to this list, please use the following form:

Mod name:
Mod website/forum post: (url)
Why do you want us to allow this mod?:

I seem to have planted a bugged peach sappling at x=228.07, y=147.62, z=-4886.14

I crashed the moment I planted it and now every time I join the server it crashes because of it

I seem to have planted a bugged peach sappling at x=228.07, y=147.62, z=-4886.14I crashed the moment I planted it and now every time I join the server it crashes because of it

I've actually taken care of your fruit tree problem prior to seeing this post. Another player reported crashing at your town and I easily found/destroyed the culprit so you should be able to log in again. You should consider using optifine as Calongo suggests as it would prevent you from crashing in the future due to similiar bugged fruit trees.

The server has been updated with the following changelog:

• New HardCore world was added (not yet open for business, needs testing)
  • Mod-control added (the mod-whitelist)
  • Shopkeepers removed (wasn't used)
  • Vault removed (we don't have an economy, everything is free)
  • Dynmap updated
  • OpenInv updated
  • WorldBorder updated
  • WorldGuard updated

If you would like us to add any other mods to this list, please use the following form:

Mod name:

Mod website/forum post: (url)

Why do you want us to allow this mod?:

Mod name: Schematica

Mod website/forum post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1285818-schematica

Why do you want us to allow this mod?: Because dear god some of us are really really really really really bad at building things. Yet there are really good builders out there who put their designs up for general use so that us 'a bunch of dirt blocks is good enough' style builders have some hope.

This is the first time I've heard about Schematica. I'd like to hear some opinions about this mod first before considering it. On the b78 server there were some disgruntled people when others copied 'their' work without asking or getting permission first.

If you know of more people who would actually use this mod, please have them pitch in with their opinions.

This is the first time I've heard about Schematica. I'd like to hear some opinions about this mod first before considering it. On the b78 server there were some disgruntled people when others copied 'their' work without asking or getting permission first.

If you know of more people who would actually use this mod, please have them pitch in with their opinions.

Sadly most of my players wouldn't consider an out of country server or something as difficult as TFC. Oh well I can try running a world edit so I can look at the schematic while I build.

Edit: Thank you for considering it though, some of us want to build more than our ability lets us.

Posted Image

HappyDiggers TerraFirmaCraft Hard Core members rejoice! After our HC group exploded in members in the first two weeks we decided to create an entire world just for the HC players. The world is 30,000 by 30,000 blocks and is almost as big as our last B78 server!

There are a few updates to the Hard Core group that should enhance the adventure.

- Hard Core World is set to Hard mode.
- Towny will force toggle mobs, fire spread, and explosions to ON.
- Explosion regeneration/fixing has been set to OFF.
- Chat interaction will be server wide.

And as always, there will be no teleporting of any kind along with no use of the /me or /afk commands. Current Hard Core members will have one week to move their items and goods from the HC Area to the HC World before the original area is removed.

Hard Core is a subgroup on our TerraFirmaCraft server. If you want to play in the Hard Core group, please apply in our HC Whitelist thread on the HappyDiggers forums. Our TerraFirmaCraft server IP is: tfc.happydiggers.net:4000

To try to keep things running smoothly we are going to enforce some restrictions. These restrictions are on a per town basis. Meaning each town may have:

• [*]
4 mature animals of each kind. This means: 4 cows, 4 pigs, 4 horses, etc. All mature, not counting young animals. [*]1 plot of berry bushes. This means 16x16 = 256 bushes. They may be in more than one plot, but 256 max. [*]2 plots of tilled soil farmland. This means 512 blocks. They may be in more than two plots, but 512 max. [*]1 of each kind of fruit tree. (red apple, green apple, banana, peach, etc.) [*]1 of each kind of anvil. (copper, bronze, wrought iron, steel, etc.)

Again, to be absolutely clear. This limits are per town. If your town is very large and isn't getting enough food, please let us know. Also if anyone needs help removing large amounts of tilled soil, fruit trees or berry bushes you may contact staff to help you.

Now for some technical stuff explaining why and how we came up with the new restrictions.
We have made quite a lot of progress since the last update. We used Warmroast, a Java profiler aimed towards Minecraft, to track down what is keeping the server occupied. It seems that during a mass disconnect the server is busy processing a lot of tile entities. The server has upward of 15.000 tile entities loaded during peak hours. In the screenshot below you can see that net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s() is using 82.79% CPU time during a mass disconnect on the server. It looks like it's going through a very large array and deleting items from it. If this takes too long (1200) it dies, which seems to be when the mass disconnect occurs.Posted Image
Unfortunately this is a vanilla Minecraft function. This means that only Forge could potentially create and optimization for this to better deal with large amounts of tile entities. But even if they did, it would mean a new version of Forge which we can't use since Cauldron, which our server runs on, isn't being maintained any longer. Cauldron is essentially Minecraft_server + Forge + Bukkit + magic glue code.

So that leaves us with two possible options. Perhaps the TFC devs could do something to optimize server performance. Or we try to reduce the amount of tile entities on the server. During peak hours we've seen that the majority of tile entities are made up of farmland and fruit trees. Below is an example of this:
Posted Image

Going through what the server is doing we discovered that about 10.000.000 blocks are formed on the server each hour. That's about 2700 blocks each second. These are most likely snow blocks and the like. However each of these blocks forming meant one more record in the Prism data base which logs everything that happens on the server. We have change the Prism configuration to no longer include these naturally forming blocks which aren't necessary for grief prevention and roll-back. This saves us a considerable database overhead.

We have installed a mod that optimizes performance. It's quite a scary mod to run since it changes a lot of the internal workings of the server.This is the summary:

• [*]Ticks multiple worlds at the same time in different threads [*]Ticks multiple entities and tile entities within worlds at the same time in different threads [*]Performs movement updates in network threads, so players will move smoothly even if TPS is bad [*]Performs chunk loading and chunk generation asynchronously - no lag spikes from players logging in or teleporting [*]Improved collision code which can handle thousands of mobs in a single block space without terrible TPS. Will still break clients. [*]Many more small tweaks to minecraft's internals and other mods, both to improve performance and ensure that multithreading doesn't break everything.

[*]1 of each kind of fruit tree. (red apple, green apple, banana, peach, etc.)

Would you consider changing this to 9 fruit trees of any kind max? Usually from my experience I don't find all of the fruit trees ever, and I don't do trading that much. There's also the chance that just no one else has a certain type of fruit tree. So instead of being able to have only one plum tree, could I cut the branches off and expand off that one plum until I have 9? And just keep it at that, if I find another type of fruit I can cut down some of the plums and replace them with the new one.

We have added several mods to the whitelist:

• OpenEye
  • Schematica and LunatriusCore
  • BetterFoliage
  • FastCraft

OpenEye is a mod that automatically submits crash-reports which can help mod developers track down issues faster.

Schematica adds an easy way to copy buildings.

BetterFolliage adds extra sprites to trees and other plants and generally makes vegetation and the world look nicer.

FastCraft optimizes the way Minecraft loads chunks. It's not nearly as good as Optifine (which we highly recommend) but if you want to use it, now you can.

Jiro_89 I found a glitch today while playing on the server today it was a glitch that you could walk up stone bricks to a certain height