Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

[0.79.30.925] HappyDiggers - The most popular public TFC server - Now also TechNode Firmacraft 3.7.1 (unofficial TFC)

512 posts in this topic

I was checking out some of the other TFC servers, but unfortunately most of them were empty and Roanoke requires me to sign up to their website to download their mod pack. Guess that makes HappyDiggers TFC the place to be then :)

Posted Image

Yeah, I'm glad some one like you is running a prublic server. Public servers in my opinion are always better. I know some people wish to keep there community more private. By whiteListing it. Which in many cases, deters many new comers to TFC. The TFC community doesn't have a big greifing problem as it stands anyway. As its a smaller community based around the mod then most large mods. It's a lot easier to get in to and a lot more user friendly. I personally enjoy playing the mod in default mode, with out all the extra mods.

I know theres a few nice perks that come along with adding in some of these mods. But nothing major, thats really worth lossing a large part of the community. The game is good as it stands. There isn't much your missing with out all the extra mods. So it doesn't bother me one bit.

Anyway, I wanted to praise you and your server. That, theres still people like you around. Becuase truth be. No one really runs none WhiteListed servers with out 3rd party mods anymore. That are decent.

Anyway, I wanted to praise you and your server. That, theres still people like you around. Becuase truth be. No one really runs none WhiteListed servers with out 3rd party mods anymore. That are decent.

I can't take all the credit though. We have a bunch of wonderful staff members that have a lot to do with the server being as it is. And the players on the server contribute a lot as well.

Our server isn't only the most popular, right now it's also simply the best with all the extra facilities it offers players. But don't take my word for it, try out all the TFC servers and see which one you like best. Diversity is king when it comes to Minecraft servers. And the more choices there are the better it will be for the TFC community as a whole :)

This server runs pretty smooth, I didn't have any significant block lag or other issues.

Regarding food decay protection, I think it should trigger after only a single minecraft day. Otherwise you have to spend you time looking for food every single time you login because it will all be gone by the time you come back. I logged back after only 4 rl hours and all the cooked meat in my inventory was gone. I doubt this makes the game better in any way... anyway, just my two cents... I am curious if I am the only one that thinks this is inappropriate.

I think one day before protection would be too short. If someone is just out mining/hunting/gathering, their food back home should still decay. Perhaps 9 days (3 hours) would be better.

Are you taking care of your food? You need to periodically cut off the decayed portions, since decay is compounding (it decays faster as decay increases). I'm kind of obsessive about removing decay every time I eat, and I always make sure to log off with zero decay on anything in my inventory. You should also be storing your excess food in pots, and putting those pots in a dark place, which makes it last longer.

I can't take all the credit though. We have a bunch of wonderful staff members that have a lot to do with the server being as it is. And the players on the server contribute a lot as well.

Our server isn't only the most popular, right now it's also simply the best with all the extra facilities it offers players. But don't take my word for it, try out all the TFC servers and see which one you like best. Diversity is king when it comes to Minecraft servers. And the more choices there are the better it will be for the TFC community as a whole :)

Yeah, theres real truth to that. You do provide extra facilities besides the great server. Which gives it more reason to play it over the other servers. I'm sure the server will stay popular for some time to come. Like always, nothing can last forever. We don't know what the future really holds. But the good thing is, to enjoy it while it lasts. Which I my self will.

The two other previous servers that I played for quite some time over the last few years. That I really enjoyed. Were both none Whitelisted and had a great community. The sad thing is, their no longer around. I hope and think you wont mind me saying their names as their no longer active =). But they were, Zandrov's server and CarpaArum, or something of the like.

On a last note, how long have you been playing TFC?

This server runs pretty smooth, I didn't have any significant block lag or other issues.

I think one day before protection would be too short. If someone is just out mining/hunting/gathering, their food back home should still decay. Perhaps 9 days (3 hours) would be better.

Are you taking care of your food? You need to periodically cut off the decayed portions, since decay is compounding (it decays faster as decay increases). I'm kind of obsessive about removing decay every time I eat, and I always make sure to log off with zero decay on anything in my inventory. You should also be storing your excess food in pots, and putting those pots in a dark place, which makes it last longer.

Quoting myself to point out that I don't know what I'm talking about. On logging back in to the server, my food in pots is all gone, but the stuff in my inventory is fine. Oh well, at least I have tomatoes which should regrow every time I log back in.

Quoting myself to point out that I don't know what I'm talking about. On logging back in to the server, my food in pots is all gone, but the stuff in my inventory is fine. Oh well, at least I have tomatoes which should regrow every time I log back in.

Exactly. Maybe I was too extreme with 1 mc day, but the food decay protection definitely needs to be set lower. How about 8 days, the equivalent of 1 TFC month. InsaneJ?

On a last note, how long have you been playing TFC?

I think I've played for about 10 minutes while doing the server intro video a while ago. As I've said before, I don't have enough time to really get invested into TFC. That's what the other staff members are there for, they play on the server and they understand how most of the stuff works :)

From what I know, the food decay protection only works if the food isn't loaded in chunks or in a player's inventory. This means for servers that if someone else is in your town where you stored your food, the decay will continue even when you are not there. But when you keep food in your inventory the food will decay much slower after a certain period of time.

Exactly. Maybe I was too extreme with 1 mc day, but the food decay protection definitely needs to be set lower. How about 8 days, the equivalent of 1 TFC month. InsaneJ?

Food decay as a whole needs to change. Right now it doesn't work well with servers no matter what settings you use. It will always be too much or too little depending on how much you play and if you play alone or if people visit your town. Don't get me wrong. I think food decay in itself is a good mechanic. It just needs some adjustments so it can work well on a populated server that's running 24/7.

I'll ask KodeKatt to take a look at your suggestion since she's the one who did the tweaking on the HappyDiggers TFC server config.

Well, our town is coming along nicely with the storage area and forge area in process. This is a really cool server, and last night we hit 26 people, which I thought was amazing. Biggest server I've ever seen. Keep up the good work everyone, and thanks for making this a great server I can play on when I finally get back from work XD

Wow, finally 0.78! I'm going to play this server.

So if anyone remember me from other servers, welcome to my town I'm gonna build here. :)

P.S. I can't connect to the server... there's an error "Can't reach server". Is it by my side or server is down?

P.S. I can't connect to the server... there's an error "Can't reach server". Is it by my side or server is down?

I just updated the server to 0.78.7. If you were unlucky enough to try to connect during the 1 minute of down time, it's us. If you weren't, then it's you :)At the moment I post this the server is definitely up.

tenterro, please send me your Minecraft name and your IP in a private message. Perhaps you've been covered by a blanket IP ban our server uses to keep out known bots and spammers.

Also, our server has been full all evening. Looks like people are enjoying themselves :)
Posted Image

I may have to start thinking about expanding the amount of slots. Right now with 30 players on the mean tick time seems to be around 30ms. That means it seems to scale quite linearly with the amount of players on since with 20 players it would be around 20ms. Given that logic 50 players should be the maximum my server can hold -> 50ms = 20TPS.

That only works of course as long as players aren't generating a lot of new chunks. When that happens the mean tick time spikes a bit depending on how many new chunks are being created.

i wanted to join in and play ._. but server be full

The amount of slots has been increased from 30 to 50. We'll see how server performance holds up :)

I finally managed to get chat to play nice with Towny. You can now use these channels to chat in:

• general
  • nation
  • town
  • local

You can join those channels with the following commands respectively:

• /g
  • /nc
  • /tc
  • /l

While you are in one of these channels, you won't pick up chat from other channels so keep that in mind. Being in the town channel for example should only give you chat from fellow town members. That should greatly reduce the "noise" in chat.

Do I have permission to upload my MS Excel TFC alloy calculator? You input what ores you want to use and it tells you the percentages.

For example the following image shows that 14 poor tetrahedrite + 1 normal cassiterite = 235 units of bronze, and is haphazardly beautifully laid out like this:

post-6418-0-85623800-1398007966_thumb.pn

Yeah, awesome. Go for it :)

You don't need my permission to upload an Excel Sheet. Although I would recommend putting it in a Google Document and sharing that so people can access it without having to open Office on their PCs. It's also safer.

I had a look at Google documents but had trouble with editing and sharing, so I uploaded the Excel file anyway as a link since I can't upload xls or rar files here.All non-yellow cells are locked so you don't accidentally override ore quality figures, but should you need to change anything go to Tools>Protection>Unprotect SheetIt's simple and crude, but with small/poor/normal/rich ores in b78 it's very useful to get the percentages right!

http://www.commiellama.co.uk/temp/tfcalloys.xls

Looking good Commiellama :)

We just updated the HappyDiggers TFC server to 0.78.8, and just minutes after 0.78.9 comes out. So we did another update. That's almost like 2 for 1.

Go for it :)

If everybody builds toward their neighboring towns, we should have complete road network in no time. I remember Roadie building quite a bit of road on the previous map. I'm not sure what his plans are right now, but you could ask him and see if you can get things organized.

Hello

I have never joint a server before But after a long time playing single player it is getting a bit to much of the same

so I am thinking of joining a server and was wondering if its ok if I joint this one and if there is anything I need to know before I join (besides being nice and just using common sense)

I also wanted to know if I have to join a town or can I just start somewhere on on my own. I don’t really know what to expect.  

You are welcome to join our server :)

Our rules are pretty simple and all boil down to: respect the staff and other players.

I've posted some useful commands in the opening post of this thread which you can use to do things on the server with like join a town, use chat channels, create support tickets, etc.

You are free to join any town you like if they will have you. But you may also go and create your own town and live there. Just one thing, it is a rule to protect your builds using Towny. Inside towns everything is protect from people who are not part of the town. Inside towns you can further protect your things (chests, furnace, doors, forge, barrels, etc) with Lockette signs. This is mainly to prevent your fellow town members from taking your stuff without permission.

That's pretty much all you need to know right now. The rest you'll pick up as you go :)

ok thank you for the fast response i will join the server soon