Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

[0.79.30.925] HappyDiggers - The most popular public TFC server - Now also TechNode Firmacraft 3.7.1 (unofficial TFC)

512 posts in this topic

That sounds good. I can start anytime and I can help to build some basic stuff. I promise not to use chiseled blocks XD

That sounds good. I can start anytime and I can help to build some basic stuff. I promise not to use chiseled blocks XD

did your chiseled blocks cause a lot of lag issues or something? lol

did your chiseled blocks cause a lot of lag issues or something? lol

Yep. =))

Some kind of this buildings:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I knew you were an amazing builder i just didn't know the blocks were major lag issues

We have been discussing the teleport policy for the new server on the HappyDiggers forum and would really like input from you guys. Please vote on the poll in this thread: http://happydiggers.net/showthread.php?1628-TFC-server-teleport

We are also looking for builders. More info here: http://happydiggers.net/showthread.php?1629-TFC-server-b79-builders-wanted

You may apply in this thread or on the HappyDiggers forum.

And lastly we are looking for new moderators to augment our staff. If you're interested please take a look at this thread: http://happydiggers.net/content.php?439-Moderator-Applications

Hey this is AwesomeBlock2000,

I am a very (very) frequent player on your server (/stats playtime = 20 days), I have been playing since last march and I love it but recently I was banned by jiro_89 "for duplicating items" first and foremost, I do not use duplication. I like everything legit. Just because I have a lot (I mean A LOT) of metal doesn't mean it was from duplication glitches. Anyways. I don't understand why I was banned. So if someone could respond and tell me why I was banned it would be nice. Thanks.

- Block

You may appeal your ban on our forum by creating a thread there and outlining your version of events and why you think the ban was incorrect.

You can keep up with server progress on the HappyDiggers forum in this thread.

Right now there are two big issues with Cauldron + TFC.

Any server right now that's running Cauldron and TFC has these issues. You can easily recognize these servers since they'll be running Bukkit plugins like Factions, Towny, etc. All those servers, right now, are broken to the point where it makes absolutely no sense to run TFC. If you ask me those servers should be closed down until the issues are fixed.

Once those issues have been fixed by Cauldron we'll release our server within a week or so. I have no exact ETA on that because the Cauldron dev does not provide an ETA on those fixes. It could be tomorrow, it could be next month. We simply have no idea.

All we can do right now is prepare as much as we can. The world pre-generation is at 75%. The new world will have a 40.000 block radius. A lot of roads have been build. Spawn is build but still needs a little work. We still have to setup the spawn maze to teach new players the rules (and keep out impatient players at the same time). And we're waiting on our custom plugin from Fred that will allow town members to build Thor's Hammer so they gain access to teleport commands.

It looks like the Cauldron devs have produced a fix for the issues mentioned in my previous post. So that's good news :)

However this fix is only for the current version of Forge, 1231. This means we will have to wait a little bit longer for TFC to update to that Forge version as well. Right now TFC is on Forge 1217 and may not work properly with the newer Forge version. You can read Kittychanley's response on the matter here.

Hang in there guys, a lot of work is being done by the awesome people that are the TFC and Cauldron devs.

Alright, that's nice to know. Thanks for taking the time in replying. I wasn't aware of some of these things.

In preparation of the new TFC server we need to move some disks and raid arrays around the server. This will result in down time for the TFC and FTB servers on Wednesday 29-10-2014. If you can't join the servers on that day, it's probably due to the maintenance being done.Right now we have 4 SSDs in raid-10 on which the TFC and FTB servers run. This gives us about 160GB of usable space. The new world of the new TFC server is going to be around 120GB in size alone. So that's not going to fit. The plan is to temporarily move the current servers to a raid-1 array of 2x 3TB disks and then change the raid-10 array to a raid-5 array and adding in a 5th SSD. This will give us about 320GB of usable space there.At a later date we will be adding 2x 300GB 10.000rpm disks to the server on which we will host the Dynmap files. Right now I'm not sure when this will happen. Probably within a week or so.

The move was completed successfully and the servers should be up and running again :)

Hey is the server IP broken or something? The dynmap seems to be up, but I can't connect to the server, been like this for a while I think.

Server is up and as far as I know there haven't been any new issues. Are you using the correct version of TFC to connect? You can check the version in the topic title. If you are then perhaps your ISP is on a block list of known bad networks (where a ton of spam, hacks and scams originate from). This often happens to people from Russia and China. If that is the case please PM me your IP and I'll have it whitelisted. To get your IP, just search: what's my IP

Are you guys running the latest TFC version? Can't connect to the server at all.

EDIT: Ah, no, you're not. NVM then...

Please read the last page or so of this thread. You can keep up with the b79 server's progress on the HappyDiggers forum and even participate in it's construction if you like.

Yeah, I noticed. Running on minimal sleep and having a caffeine crash is a poor form to be in when browsing forums.

We are ready to launch the server. All we need to do is try to get together some staff members to have available to help out the initial wave of players.

Expect the server to go live in a few days. We might even launch on Christmas day ;)

Very happy to see this server step up to the new version. I'm sure you will get a ton of interest with how few other open servers there are.

It's not easy hosting a non-whitelisted public TFC server nowadays. It took us quite a while to get things running somewhat smoothly.

The b79 server will be similar to the b78 one with some added tweaks. Players will still have the ability to teleport to and from towns. However to facilitate players that prefer not to teleport (and have others teleport) we now have a HardCore group which players can join. You can read more about it here. Once the b79 server launches I'll update the opening post of this thread to include that information and ask Jiro to keep track of applicants on this forum as well so people don't have to sign up to our forum just to join the HardCore group.

The HardCore group members have a huge separate area on the map which only they can enter. Once they enter the area, they cannot leave it. Also we will not allow players to switch between regular and HardCore groups. You have to make a choice and then stick with it. The HC members will still have to use Towny to protect their towns, but other then that there are no "commands of convenience" that the regular players have access to. It's as close to regular TFC as we dare make it on a non-whitelisted public server.

The new b79 server has a pre-generated world of 40.000 x 40.000 blocks. We have started work on a large road network with various outposts. These outposts have NPCs in them which can be used for trade and free stuff. Speaking of trade, players can safely trade items with other players using the /trade <player> command. Of the other player accepts to trade, both players enter a GUI in which they can put their items. Once both players click the ready button, the trade will be made after a few second count down. This will help prevent players form being scammed.

To help travelers we also give out small amounts of free food in our "Entertrons". It should be enough to help you travel from spawn to the HardCore area for example. Or to just find your own location to settle in. We'll keep an eye out to see if players aren't abusing this system too much. It's designed to prevent new players from dying all the time when they enter the spawn area and have a hard time finding basic resources there.

Town config has been changed as well. Town spawns need to be at least 10 chunks apart and the distance between plots from different towns needs to be at least 5 chunks. This should prevent the map from becoming too littered with small towns that go nowhere.

When players first join the server they will find themselves in a "rule maze". By reading the rules and answering a few simple questions they can find the exit. This will introduce players to the various mechanics we added to this server. Various NPCs on the server will also try to help players with useful tips.

Around the spawn area we'll have another ring of plots towns may request. The procedure for this is slightly different since they are now no longer being handled by Towny. Town mayors may request a plot and then will be assigned to one. They can then use this plot to do whatever they like. They can create a plot to give away free stuff to players. Or to simply advertise their town. Or just build something interesting. These special plots are protected against grief. But things like chests are open to all so keep that in mind.

I'm sure I've forgotten about a ton of stuff here. But I'm sure you guys will figure it out as you go ;)

And as always, players only need TFC to be able to join the server.

We've put in some more work today. Most of the things we wanted to get done are done now. So we're going to launch the server tomorrow (Sunday) :)

Posted Image

After months of hard work by dozens of volunteers we are now ready to launch the new and improved HappyDiggers TFC b79 server.

This server has no whitelist, so anyone may join as long as they follow our simple /rules. All players need is Minecraft and the TerraFirmaCraft mod which you can find here.

We have build many miles of road. You can literally spend hours walking on roads without walking on the same road twice. Check out Dynmap to see what we've prepared for you guys. These roads allow players to travel to their destinations in relative comfort. Along the road network we have setup outposts and traders to help travelers.

Regular players may still use teleportation commands. However if players prefer not to use them, they may apply for the Hard Core group. This group has no access to commands of convenience and plays on an isolated section of the world, far away from spawn. You may apply to join this group on our forum or right here on the TFC forum. Pleas follow the application format in the opening post of this thread. You will also find a bit more of an explanation there. Jiro will handle the applications.

There are many things that make this an awesome TFC server. But don't take my word for it. Join and find out for yourself. The server IP is:
tfc.happydiggers.net:4000

So as always, please enjoy your stay and use in-game tickets or the forum if you need help Posted Image

my game says your runing 9 mods that i dont have. got a fix for this?