Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

[0.79.30.925] HappyDiggers - The most popular public TFC server - Now also TechNode Firmacraft 3.7.1 (unofficial TFC)

512 posts in this topic

i cant join the server get some text saying Java.net.ConnectExxeption: Connection refused: no further Information:

The server seems to be fine. Make sure you are using the correct version of TFC and Forge and then try again?

The servers have been updated to TFC Beta 0.79.21.741 For MC v1.7.10 (Built using Minecraft Forge v10.13.4.1448)

Before joining the server be sure to follow the installation instructions.

• Update Forge to 10.13.4.1448
  • Backup and then delete your TFC config files from the config directory

As always you can download the new TFC here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/download.html

I would like to apply to join the HC group.

Username: Ragwortshire.

Time playing TFC: 2 weeks.

Reason for applying: I find that without the presence of danger, games that would otherwise be challenging (like TFC) turn into a boring grind. Accordingly, more challenge would make the game much more fun for me.

Rule from server: Respect the staff and other players.

Ragwortshire has been added to the HC whitelist.

I'm interested in the HC Group.

IGN: AJDeBres

Time playing: few years with TFC.

Reason.  I've ran numerous servers from forge to MCPC+ servers 10+ people (also had them listed here) I have always enjoyed a challenge and don't have much time to run my own. 

Respect, self explanatory 

Thanks.

AJDeBres has been added to the HC whitelist.

Both the Regular and Hardcore TFC servers have been updated to TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.22.761. You can download the new version here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/download.html

Lockette is working again. You can lock containers by placing a sign in front of them, not on them. Type the following text on the sign to make it 'stick' to the container and lock it:

[private]YourPlayerName

You can add additional players to the list if you wish, just add them below YourPlayerName.

As always, if you encounter any problems please create a ticket on the server or post it on the forum.

Here's a short guide on how to lock a tool rack using Lockette. This also works for chests, barrels, etc.

Place a tool rack like you normally would.
Posted Image

If it's one block up, place a block on the floor in front of it on which you can place a sign. The sign needs to be right in front of the tool rack at the same height.
Posted Image

Write the following lines on the sign:

[private]YourPlayerName
Posted Image

The sign then sticks to the tool rack. It floats in front of it. It may look stupid, but it'll protect your tool rack.
Posted Image

Even TNT can't hurt it now:
Posted Image
Posted Image

This also works for chests, barrels, etc.

Posted Image

Edited by InsaneJ

In game username: DarlingDeirdre
How long have you been playing TFC: Almost a year.
Why do you want to join the Hard Core group?: I'm a hardcore person. I don't want bonus goods and special commands, I want immersive survival gameplay.
Name a rule from the [/rules] command in the TFC server: The mention of lag is forbidden.

DarlingDeirdre has been added to the HC whitelist.

The servers have been updated to TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.25.845.

Towny said something about an error and entering safemode, and now whenever I log in I can't move and my character glitches like crazy (the camera keeps moving to three points in sequence, I can't move and randomly take fall damage)

I'm not sure if the latter's the server or client, but something's dun goofed.

Towny said something about an error and entering safemode, and now whenever I log in I can't move and my character glitches like crazy (the camera keeps moving to three points in sequence, I can't move and randomly take fall damage)

I'm not sure if the latter's the server or client, but something's dun goofed.

Im having the same problem. In the lobby everything is fine, but on the normal server the camera spazes out and it also appears the chat seperation system (general chat, local chat, town chat) isnt working either.

Yeah, I saw some people online and thought it was fixed. Bad idea, apparently. I died of fall damage and now all my food, copper, tools etc. are gonna despawn.

Sorry for the down time.

There was a problem with the Towny database. The root cause is that their devs use MySQL tables like they are an Excel sheet instead of an actual database. The difference being that in a database you can let the database enforce data integrity in such a way that you can, in this case, not have a town without a mayor. Also a player should only belong to 1 town and towns should always have at least 1 plot or more. It's pretty basic SQL stuff that unfortunately hasn't been implemented.

Because one town didn't have a mayor, Towny started up in safe mode and prevented everybody from moving. This is an attempt to prevent people from grieving/stealing while Towny's protection isn't enabled.

The fix was easy enough. I manually deleted the town of Fleetfield from the MySQL database. If this was your town, please create it again.

This week I have purchased new hardware for our server. The upgrade is going to allow us to run 3 large TFC servers where we currently have only 2. Plans for those new servers are still in the early stages and it's going to be a while before they become active.

The new server will have an Intel Core i7 5820K 6-core CPU which I'll clock at 4GHz and 64GB of RAM. The new hardware cost around €1086,- and is payed for out of my pocket. The upgrade will allow us to roughtly double the amount of Minecraft servers we are currently running.

As always we'll keep TFC free to play on our server. However we will be introducing a new (additional) server for people who are willing to support our community through donations which will offer some nice perks. This will be a pay to enter server in accordance with Mojang's EULA meaning every player on that server is equal. Also we're not going to be giving players in-game items like some other servers do. This is TFC, get your own stuff!

If you have questions or suggestions please share and stay tuned for updates :)

Just applying for Hardcore

In game username: greatorder
How long have you been playing TFC: I play it on-and-off, probably a few months in all?
Why do you want to join the Hard Core group?: I want to try hardcore, basically. Just seems that it could be fun when you actually have to worry a lot more about dying.
Name a rule from the [/rules] command in the TFC server: Respect the staff and other players

greatorder has been added to the HC whitelist.

Your problem from the towny going to safe mode and when trying to teleport it kills got me killed today in HappyDiggers how is that possible?

Your problem from the towny going to safe mode and when trying to teleport it kills got me killed today in HappyDiggers how is that possible?

Same problem here, same issue as 2 november.

I may have come up with a solution that will prevent this Towny issue from happening again in the future. I have configured the database to only allow records in the towns table that actually have a mayor and a resident. Without either one a town cannot be entered into the database. It seems to be working under normal circumstances. I can create a town and remove it correctly.

Sunday 2015-11-22 we will be upgrading our server. This means the server will be down for a few hours while we change hardware and work on the operating systems starting at around 12:30 CET.

The new server will have a 6-core Intel i7 5820K with 64GB RAM and will allow us to run a few additional large Minecraft servers. Details on those new servers will follow in the upcoming weeks.