Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

[0.79.30.925] HappyDiggers - The most popular public TFC server - Now also TechNode Firmacraft 3.7.1 (unofficial TFC)

512 posts in this topic

We have added several mods to the whitelist:

• Schematica and LunatriusCore
Schematica adds an easy way to copy buildings.

I owe someone a few drinks now <3

We have decided to make the following changes to the rules. This should give players more freedom to play however they prefer.

Each town may have:

• 4 mature animals of each kind. This means: 4 cows, 4 pigs, 4 horses, etc. All mature, not counting young animals.
  • 3 plots of tilled soil farmland or berry bushes. This means 3x16x16 = 768 tilled soil blocks or bushes. They may be in more than three plots, but 768 max.
  • 9 fruit trees total. (All kinds allowed: red apple, green apple, banana, peach, etc.)
  • 1 of each kind of anvil. (copper, bronze, wrought iron, steel, etc.)

The other day someone asked me what the donor perks of our server are. That's simple. By donating you are supporting our server. You make me feel happy. Which in turn ensure that this server will keep running for a long time.

"But what do I get?" the person asked.

Our server gives players a lot of Towny plots, the ability to teleport between towns (unless restricted by town mayors), several /home warps players can set themselves, free food and healing at Enertron stations, vending machines at outposts. Along with some very robust grief prevention, a very nice community (because we ban all the bad players with proof of grief,stealing,etc.) and helpful staff that offer up their free time to deal with bugs and quirks that our out of our control.

Donors get an honorary in-game tag in front of their name. That's it. You don't get materials or extra homes or town plots or any in-game item or features. You already have those for free. We don't do pay-to-win, period.

Also it should be noted that the Minecraft EULA clearly states that servers are not allowed to sell in-game items. So buying packs of items and in-game features may end up killing a server instead of supporting it. You can read more about this here: https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/

You are allowed to sell in-game items so long as they don’t affect gameplay
We don’t mind you selling items in game, but they must be purely cosmetic..

In-game TFC items have a huge impact on gameplay. Charging money for those is a bad thing.

We have started recording a new series of HappyDiggers TFC server tours. In these tours we visit towns and try to get the people of those towns to talk about what they're doing, what they've accomplished, what their plans are.

To start I've made a small server intro video. In it we (mostly I) talk about the server. It's meant for people who not yet know the server.

The first video in the new series of server tours will go up next week.

I have begun recording Server Tours again. Server tours are short <10 minute YouTube videos recorded by me and posted on my channel here: http://youtube.com/happydiggers

In these videos we visit towns and people get to show all the cool stuff they have made on our server. If you would like me, and maybe a few others, to join you on a grand tour of your town please let us know.

Post your town name and your in-game Minecraft name. Also a general indication of when you are available would help. I live in the CET time zone and am usually available between 19:00 and 23:00 however other times aren't excluded. Just let me know and I'll see what's possible or not. Use a timezone convertor to figure out what that means for you: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/

Please try to have a working microphone ready. We will ask you to join us on our TeamSpeak server so we can talk to each other. If you don't have a mic, or are really shy, you can type things in chat. Get TeamSpeak here: http://teamspeak.com/

Our TeamSpeak server IP is: teamspeak.happydiggers.net

I'll update this thread with a bunch of server tours after the first couple have gone up.

Nice to see what my town looks like on a real computer, thanks for visiting.

We wish to be transparant about the things that happen on our server. To this end we have decided to make the list of warned and banned players public. One of the reasons we are doing this is because we sometimes see questions from players why someone isn't joining the server anymore to finish building project X.

I have updated the rules section of the opening post of this thread with the following:

If you break the rules you may be banned. In some cases we issue a warning first. If you are banned and wish to be unbanned you may appeal your ban on the HappyDiggers forums. If you cannot resolve the issue there please feel free to start a dispute on the MCBans website. Keep in mind however that a dispute only means that you think we banned you for the wrong reasons. It will not get you unbanned from our servers.

HappyDiggers Warned players and banlist: http://happydiggers.net/showthread.php?1384-Warned-players-and-banlist

HappyDiggers TFC on MCBans: http://mcbans.com/server/50359/

We (have to) strictly follow the MCBans guidelines for global bans. This means that we have to supply proof of what happened for each ban. This also means that banning someone means extra work for us with the potential of having to deal with appeals and disputes.

Long story short: please don't get banned.

Hello! I had read OP, but I still don't understand: is PVP forbidden on server? May be you have wars and war rules?

Hello! I had read OP, but I still don't understand: is PVP forbidden on server? May be you have wars and war rules?

There is no pvp on this server.  If you create a trap to kill another player that would be a bannable offense.

Right now the Hardcore world runs on the same Minecraft instance as the regular overworld does. This causes some timing issues. To work around this we're going to setup a new server just for the Hardcore world. Work on the new Hardcore server is progressing nicely.

The current and new server will be placed behind a proxy. This allows us to do some really cool stuff with the server.

• The most obvious benefit is a performance one since the Hardcore world will no longer affect the regular overworld.
  • The proxy allows us to setup a fall back server where players will get redirected to when one of the servers goes down (daily restart after backup). We're hoping this will also help with people getting disconnected periodically due to the large amount of tile entities.
  • The lobby server is an old favorite of ours. It was used for one of our regular Minecraft servers and features a ton of mini-games like: spleef arena, mob arena, pvp arena and my personal favorite paintball arena. There will be no building on this server. Just some things to pass the time while you wait for a server to come back online :)
  • We are going to start caching Minecraft player sessions. This means that when the Mojang servers go down again, you will still be able to log in if you do so from the same computer and launcher (which also has a cached player session).

For players nothing much will change. We're going to setup a portal at spawn that will allow you to go to the Lobby server at will, and vice versa. Regular overworld and Hardcore players will remain seperate like they are now. Chat will work as before. I've made some really cool scripts that allow the Towny gobal chat channel to be send between servers. If you don't want to play on the Lobby server, you don't have to. It's just an extra option.

I'm hoping I will be able to get this new setup running sometime during the upcoming weekend, probably on Sunday. There is going to be some down time. When I know an exact time I'll update.

Today I spend the morning trouble shooting my PC and ended up reinstalling Windows. When that was finally sorted we discovered that the map we had planned for the Lobby server doesn't work well with TFC. This has to do with the fact that we lowered the world to accomodate for some mountains around the spawn area. It looks really nice but given that floor level is at Y:8 everything looks very dark. We can raise floor level and get rid of the mountains, but that would mean manually editing all the worldguard regions, mob arena regions, pvp arena regions. spleef arena regions and paintball arena regions.

As a result of all of this we're postponing the server migration to a later date.

Haven't been on the server for a long time, could someone tell me when last map reset was ? I'm trying to find my town and a few others on dynmap but I've had no luck in that so far.

Haven't been on the server for a long time, could someone tell me when last map reset was ? I'm trying to find my town and a few others on dynmap but I've had no luck in that so far.

The new map was opened around December 28th for the new TFC build (79).

ı am using ıp but i cant get online.. 

failed to login : invalid session(try restartng your game.. its my problem..

and ı m sorry for my english :)))

Try restarting your game like it sais in the message :)

Also makes sure to add the port to the IP:

tfc.happydiggers.net:4000

Hello I am KingTA123 and I live in the East timezone in the United States. I don't know much about this and wonder if any1 will teach me. I am on(mostly) on weekdays from 4-6 pm and on friday saturday I'm on most of the day (sometimes). 

Hello I am KingTA123 and I live in the East timezone in the United States. I don't know much about this and wonder if any1 will teach me. I am on(mostly) on weekdays from 4-6 pm and on friday saturday I'm on most of the day (sometimes). 

Many of our players are helpful and would be more than willing to help you to succeed at the game. I suggest you join with a larger town that can help acclimate you to the TerraFirmaCraft mod.

I would like to apply to be in hardcore mode. I don't know how to apply so… (BTW my name is KingTA123)

Instructions on how to apply can be found in the opening post of this thread.

The HappyDiggers TFC server has been updated to TFC 0.79.16.642. Please update your clients. You can find the download here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/download.html

For those using Opis, that has been updated as well to Opis-1.2.5_1.7.10 with MobiusCore-1.2.5_1.7.10.

As always, please report any issues you may encounter.

Edited by InsaneJ

Updated the server to 0.79.17.645 and lifted the ban on TFC hoppers.

Hey guys. We'd like your input on the following question:

Should we open up the Hardcore world to the public?

This would mean players would no longer be required to apply to the whitelist before they could go to that world. Inventories between worlds will remain separate like they are now.

Things that come to my mind are:

• It's a bit more effort to join Hardcore with whitelist and that by itself will keep the world 'cleaner' with regard to the amount of towns.
  • The world is huge. Having a lot of small towns shouldn't matter much.
  • People signing up for the HappyDiggers forums to apply to the whitelist may allow us staff and you, the players, to have more interaction with players.
  • Hardcore players have a bit of an elite status on the server. They have to put in more effort. I could understand why you guys would want to keep that.
  • If players are able to join the Hardcore world with the option of going back might allow more players to give it a try. Who knows, they might like it. And if they don't, then they can continue playing in the regular world. Right now it's an all or nothing kind of deal. We've seen players leave the server because they choose poorly.

Please share your opinions. There's also a poll on the HappyDiggers forum where you may vote if you wish, here.

i would like to join the hardcore group 

In game username:doomsayer1996
How long have you been playing TFC: since if first came out 
Why do you want to join the Hard Core group?: i thank it would be fun.and plus im not good with server commands
Have you fully read and understand what you are applying for?: yes
How do you get to the Hard Core World?: the ship at WallBridge Outpost

Edited by doomsayer1996-2