Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

[0.79.30.925] HappyDiggers - The most popular public TFC server - Now also TechNode Firmacraft 3.7.1 (unofficial TFC)

512 posts in this topic

The hardware change went well and now the server is running quite a bit faster than before. In the upcoming weeks we'll change things around in software and start working on new Minecraft servers.

I cant connect to the server i go to login and it says

Kicked whilst connecting to tfc: Mod Rejections [FMLMOD:terrafirmacraft{0.79.25}]

i have terrafirmacraft NEI and the NEI core mod installed

EDIT: fixed had the wrong version of TFC

Edited by LittleMojo

We haven't updated the server yet to 0.79.26. The past dozen or so releases of TFC there have been more than a few ninja edits to TFC to fix issues right after release. We'll update in a day or so.

Edited by InsaneJ

So today i tried to teleport back to my home and instead i get teleported to my home coords but 100 blocks up in the air and all i see is dirt gravel sand and cobble cascading down by me when i teleport there, my fps goes to 0. 

Banned thesurvivor2 for ignoring the rules repeatedly even after being warned and for being disrespectful to other players and the staff.

Well hope your server fucks itself. Ill find a better server with people that have better smarts than a fucking 10 year old paulette.

If you don't want to follow some simple rules, then please don't play on our server.

If you can't handle someone telling you that you're breaking the server rules, then please don't play on our server.

could u give me a link of the version of terrafermicraft that the server accepts? it does not accept the one i have installed.

The HappyDiggers TFC servers have just been updated to TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.26.881. You can grab this version from the download page here. Be sure to also update your Forge version to 10.13.4.1558.

We have made our plans for the future public. In short we will be adding more TFC based servers and one ARK survival evolved server. You can read about our plans here:

http://happydiggers.net/content.php?488-New-server-plans-made-public

The current plan is to setup/configure the following (new) servers:

• Lobby server, free
  • TFC freebie server, free
  • TFC regular, premium tier 1
  • ARK survival evolved, premium tier 1
  • TFC hardcore, premium tier 2
  • TechnodeFirmacraft, premium tier 2
These servers won't be up for quite some time. As always we won't rush things and will take our time to get everything nice and ready. During development of these server you can continue playing on our current servers.

Mr. Insanej would it be possible to add Bibliocraft to the Mods? I play on the server currently have been for a few days. me and my IRL buddy. however, we thinking of quiting until reset. hunting for resources is very tedious. I personally would like to have Bibliocraft its got compatibility with TFC and my Tavern would look better with chairs and Potion bottle shelves.

We will try to migrate player inventories and skills to the new servers. Also plans are currently being made on our forum to build an Ark where players can place chests, barrels, etc. This Ark will then be moved to the new server. So you can just as well continue playing as much of your progress will carry over to the new server.

We will not add any mods to the TFC servers. However we are busy setting up a TechnodeFirmacraft server which does have Bibliocraft in it. You can find more information about this mod pack here: http://technode.enjin.com/forum/m/17014259/viewthread/24660669-about-technodefirmacraft

A little progress update. World generation on the new TFC Regular and TFC Hardcore servers is at just over 50%. World gen for the TechnodeFirmacraft world is considerably slower and is currently at 12%. That's going to take a while to complete, which isn't a bad thing.

The extra RAM for Sverf's server has been delivered. He'll try to upgrade somewhere next week and then move the FTB server there. When that is done I'll put up the TFC Freebie server and we can get started preparing everything there.

Then after a week we'll get started on the premium TFC worlds, and then a few weeks later TNFC. Not having all the servers ready to work on all at once will allow us to be more focused on one server at a time.

Also work has begun on two large Arks. One to the west of each TFC server's spawn. These Arks can be used by players to store their stuff for the server migration. Please work together to build these ambitious structures. They require quite a lot of materials and time to complete :)

Status update.

The new Regular and Hardcore worlds finished pre-generating last night. The TechnodeFirmacraft world is currently at 34%. At the current rate it will take another month to finish. I'm going to see if there's a way I can speed things up by letting several Minecraft servers generate parts of the same world and putting them together afterwards. It'll be Dr. Frankenstein times one thousand!

The maps are quite large. TFC Regular and TFC Hardcore are about 108GB. The TFC Freebie map is currently about 8GB.

In the upcoming days I'll editing in the spawn buildings for the various servers and then I'll be moving Minecraft instances around on the server. Once that is done we can start building.

In game username: PosingChutoy
How long have you been playing TFC: 2 years
Why do you want to join the Hard Core group?: I want more of a challenge
Name a rule from the [/rules] command in the TFC server: Respect staff and other players

Hello :) 

First time TFC player here and looking to join a server. I added yours but for some reason, I keep getting "kicked whilst connecting to tfc: Mod reJections [FMLMod:terrafirmacraft{0.79.26}]

Any advice?

Please check this topic's title to see which version of TerraFirmaCraft we're currently using. Right now that's 0.79.26.881.

We're not updating to 0.79.27 as it often crashes the client due to a known (and fixed!) bug. We'll try to update when 0.79.28 comes along :)

PosingChutoy has been added to the HC whitelist. Sorry it took a while, didn't mean for ya to slip through the cracks.

We have started a build thread to keep track of progress on the various serves. If you like you can view it here: http://happydiggers.net/showthread.php?2109-Build-thread-Freebie-TFC-Premium-TFC-TFC-HC-TnFC

We have also launched a new ARK: Survival Evolved server. We feel it may be of interest to those who enjoy the survival aspects of TFC.

Server IP: happydiggers.net

This server is free to play and has simple rules. Respect the staff and other players. There is to be no player harassment. No wiping of people's bases unless they're in a cave or on top of a mountain. And each tribe may have no more than 3 bases.

Settings:
Using the standard Ark map "The Island"
A PvEvP based server. Friendly community style playing with the opportunity to still engage in PvP.
3rd person disabled
Crosshairs disabled
Map player location enabled (Only shows yourself, helpful for finding friends)
No character/dino downloads
No base leveling/wiping. Bust in get what you want and leave.
No dino wiping.
Standard XP
Player max level 160
Wild dino max level 240
4x Tame rate
2x Less food consumption
2x Harvest rate
2x Structure integrity
Mating interval .5x (half the time between mating sessions)
Egg hatch speed 2x
Baby mature rate 10x
Global spoiling rate 2x (twice as long before it rots)
Global item decomposition 2x (Items on the ground last twice as long)
Global corpse decomposition 100x (Gives 24 hour real life time to retrieve your body.

Progress on the new servers is very good. Most of the hard labor for the Freebie TFC server is done. Which means we're moving on to the Premium TFC server as far as laying down roads and creating outposts is concerned.

Since TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.28.908 was released there has been a serious issue with food decay. See reported issue here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/9117-food-decay-russian-roulette/

This issue will not be fixed as the TFC devs are hard at work on TFC 2. So we have decided to change the TFC config on our servers to work around this problem. LarsonPacific has done extensive research into this problem going as far as to reviewing the TFC source code to find the rout cause of this problem. His recommendation is as follows:

I think decayProtectionDays=6 would be a good starting point. It allows for decay of food normally for food in players' inventories and in chunks loaded at least every ~2 real life hours, exactly as it does now, but should mitigate the lottery effect. If a player butchers a pig and logs off for an hour to eat, they will still get normal decay, but if they go to bed or work and log back on 8 hours later, they should be able to reliably pick up where they left off, which I think is reasonable. It basically will just treat players as being "in the game" for ~2 hours after logoff, instead of the current ~9 before applying the decayProtection mechanic, which given the playing habits of the regular players on the server, is a more reasonable figure... as I've not observed that when the average regular player logs out on HD, that it will "be at a minimum of 12 if not 18 hours before they log in again"

Am not sure where they came up with that number... but it sure wasn't here :P

I have set the following config option:

I:decayProtectionDays=6 (from default 24)

If you experience anymore problems with food decay please let us know.

We have decided on a launch date for the new servers. About 3 weeks from now, March 10th.

March 10th the old servers will close and the new ones will open. I will not wait for people to move their stuff on March 10th. So please get your stuff in the Ark no later than March 9th. Press TAB to see the server's date/time. That's the time I live by.

After the old servers close I need to manually move the Arks to the new servers, convert the player data and put that on the new server. Then builders need to build a dock for the Arks. Once everything is done the new servers are ready for the public.

This means that for a period there will be no TFC servers available on March 10th. I'll try to keep this window as small as possible. However people are free to enjoy our lobby server and the many games it offers.

Once the new servers open I will make an announcement on the HappyDiggers front page, the HappyDiggers forum, the TFC forum and Twitter.

Please see these thread on our forum for more information:
New server plans
Build thread: Freebie TFC, Donor TFC / TFC HC / TnFC

Edited by InsaneJ

Only one week left until the new servers open :)

Be sure to get the stuff you want to take with you into the Arks at spawn no later than March 9th.