Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

[0.79.30.925] HappyDiggers - The most popular public TFC server - Now also TechNode Firmacraft 3.7.1 (unofficial TFC)

512 posts in this topic

The server is very nice for a returning player! I'll be here for quite sometime (until I take another hiatus from TFC)

there should realy be a complete map reste because its impossible to find seeds or animals in the world i run at z+31501 and i havent found nothing so for the new plaers its usualy impossible to get any food exept if another player helps them and that isnt very common :(

I can't connect it says "Failed to Connect: Bad login"

PLEASE HELP ME :(

Try restarting your Minecraft client that usually helps. If the Mojang authentication servers aren't on the fritz again that is.

Some more numbers :)

The database in which we log all block modifications, inventory interactions, chat and everything else players do on the server has around 74 million records in it. During peak hours the database handles up to 400 queries per second. The database is around 9GB in size and holds data for 1 month.

That may seem like a lot of trouble just for a Minecraft server. But it helps us to track down griefers, thieves and abusive players, resolve conflicts and keep the server a nice place for everyone.

Updated the server to the latest version of MCPC+. It's been a while since we've updated this for various reasons. Here's the changelog for those interested:

Build 1.6.4-1.965.21.89:

jdroque: Removed legacy getBukkitToForge method. This build also does not exist.

Build 88:

jdroque: Fixed config derp.

Build 87:

jdroque: Another fix to prevent hashCode check with null id.

Build 86:

jdroque:

Prevent hashCode check with FakePlayer GameProfile's that contain a null id.

GameProfile javadocs specify either an ID or name can be null/empty yet it

uses the ID in its hashCode method. To workaround this issue, I now search

for a matching gameprofile in HashMap, without causing a hashCode check, and

create a new FakePlayer if no match is found.

Build 85:

jdroque: Fixed derp in config. This build doesn't exist =)

Build 84:

jdroque:

Added configurable TileEntity tick settings. Refactored configuration.

With this new change, each TileEntity that attempts to tick will be added

to cauldron.yml under world-settings. There are currently 2 options for

each TileEntity.

The first option is 'tick-no-players'

- This prevents ticks on a TileEntity if there are no players in range

excluding forced chunks with chunkloaders.

The default value is false. Setting this to true will make it tick

with no players nearby. This setting should be set to true for

TileEntities that need to always tick such as ComputerCraft's computer.

The second option is 'tick-interval'

- This controls how often you want this specific TileEntity to

tick. The default is 1 which means you want it to tick every tick.

Changing this to a value of 20 would mean it would tick every 20 ticks.

Note: this option will only appear when a TE ticks. If the TE has never

ticked before, you will not see this show up in config. You can still

add the option manually to override it when it does tick.

The default config will apply to all worlds. If you want to override a

specific TE in a world, you would add it to cauldron.yml like the example

below :

world-settings:

worldname:

tileentities:

net-minecraft-tileentity-TileEntityChest:

tick-no-players: false

tick-interval: 1

* added TileEntityCache to improve performance overall with new config.

- Whenever a TileEntity ticks, if it hasn't been seen before, a new

TileEntityCache will be created with the data found in config. For each

new tick, the te config data will be accessed from the cache to avoid

performance issues.

If you modify the config, you need to reload by running '/cauldron

reload'. This will update the TileEntityCache so it works immediately.

* added caching for entity immediate despawn checks.

* Fixed many configuration bugs.

* You can now modify anything in cauldron.yml then execute

'/cauldron reload' to have it take effect in game. For other configuration

options use the '/cauldron' command.

* Added StructureStart NPE check to prevent crashes with broken structure

components.

* ChunkGC is disabled again by default. If you experience a high chunk load,

enable chunk-gc in bukkit.yml.

Note: as stated in previous commits, you may experience issues with mods with

ChunkGC turned on.

Build 83:

jdroque:

Added TileEntityCache to improve performance overall with new config.

Whenever a TileEntity ticks, if it hasn't been seen before, a new

TileEntityCache will be created with the data found in config. For each

new tick, the te config data will be accessed from the cache to avoid

performance issues.

If you modify the config, you need to reload by running '/cauldron reload'. This

will update the TileEntityCache so it works immediately.

* added caching for entity immediate despawn checks.

Build 82:

jdroque: Fixed config NPE with DimensionManager. Fixes #1333, #1335

Build 81:

jdroque:

Final build. Fixes #1327

The battle for GC being on and off is finally over, GC stays off.

Agarian Skies servers recommended to turn on. IC2, EnderIO, BOP servers

are recommended it remains off.

To alter setting, use bukkit.yml and change chunk-gc.enabled to false or

true.

This is the final 1.6.4 build.

jdroque:

Added configurable TileEntity tick settings. Refactored configuration.

With this new change, each TileEntity that attempts to tick will be added

to cauldron.yml under world-settings. There are currently 2 options for

each TileEntity.

The first option is 'tick-no-players'

- This prevents ticks on a TileEntity if there are no players in range

excluding forced chunks with chunkloaders.

The default value is false. Setting this to true will make it tick with

no players nearby. This setting should be set to true for TileEntities

that need to always tick such as ComputerCraft's computer.

The second option is 'tick-interval'

- This controls how often you want this specific TileEntity to tick. The

default is 1 which means you want it to tick every tick. Changing this

to a value of 20 would mean it would tick every 20 ticks.

The default config will apply to all worlds. If you want to override a

specific TE in a world, you would add it to cauldron.yml like the example

below :

world-settings:

worldname:

tileentities:

net-minecraft-tileentity-TileEntityChest:

tick-no-players: false

tick-interval: 1

* Fixed many configuration bugs. You can now modify anything in

cauldron.yml then execute '/cauldron reload' to have it take effect in

game. For other configuration options use the '/cauldron' command.

* Added StructureStart NPE check to prevent crashes with broken structure

components.

* ChunkGC is disabled again by default. If you experience a high chunk load, enable

chunk-gc in bukkit.yml. Note: as stated in previous commits, you may

experience issues with mods with ChunkGC turned on.

Build 80:

jdroque: Fixed server ping stalling.

Build 78:

jdroque:

Updated README.

Cleaned up some derp code. I need to sleep more and not work on

bugs I already fixed =)

Build 77:

jdroque:

Updated README.

Cleaned up some derp code. I need to sleep more and not work on

bugs I already fixed =)

Build 76:

jdroque:

Don't remove players if detected in wrong chunk location.

* AgarianSkies servers can suffer a big TPS loss with GC not enabled, so I

have decided to just keep it on like MCPC+ always had. If you experience

issues, you can set chunk-gc.enabled to false or period-in-ticks to 0.

Build 75:

jdroque:

Don't remove players if detected in wrong chunk location.

* AgarianSkies servers can suffer a big TPS loss with GC not enabled, so I

have decided to just keep it on like MCPC+ always had. If you experience

issues, you can set chunk-gc.enabled to false or period-in-ticks to 0.

I tried to play but the 12 people online refused to help me after I starved to death four times, exploring each direction for food and sticks to no avail. I asked "Okay, I can't wander off for food. Can I get some food and sticks so I can actually begin the game naturally?" Everyone told me I need to make it on my own. Yeah, that's about an hour wasted.

Sorry to hear about your experience. We get hundreds of players all asking for food when they first join. How do you think the regular players feel about that? They have put in many hours getting settled in. Some feel like sharing and have put up food chests in their outposts at spawn. But some players don't feel like sharing. There's really nothing anybody can do about that.

To help out new players there are 4 portals at spawn that lead to places far away that still have plenty of resources relatively close by. There's also a seed dispenser at spawn that drops seeds at dawn.

You can use Dynmap to locate unpopulated areas. Even though a large portion of the map has been pre-rendered, most of the land mass is still relatively untouched. You shouldn't have a hard time finding a spot where you can settle down.

All this information and more was already available to you at spawn if you had taken the time to read the signs.

I hope you can make it with these tools at your disposal :)

Sorry to hear about your experience. We get hundreds of players all asking for food when they first join. How do you think the regular players feel about that? They have put in many hours getting settled in. Some feel like sharing and have put up food chests in their outposts at spawn. But some players don't feel like sharing. There's really nothing anybody can do about that.To help out new players there are 4 portals at spawn that lead to places far away that still have plenty of resources relatively close by. There's also a seed dispenser at spawn that drops seeds at dawn.You can use Dynmap to locate unpopulated areas. Even though a large portion of the map has been pre-rendered, most of the land mass is still relatively untouched. You shouldn't have a hard time finding a spot where you can settle down.All this information and more was already available to you at spawn if you had taken the time to read the signs.I hope you can make it with these tools at your disposal :)

I read all the signs and explored the spawns but there was no food, no way to collect water, and I wandered to the oceans themselves, short of starving, in all four directions. Not one tree or plant. Just tons of rocks and Townies. And you can't do anything with just rocks. And, at the point I'm at, I can't leave the main spawn without dying from thirst in about a minute, with Slowness III and constant 2 damage per tick that annoyingly tilts my screen to the left about 50*.

You are either new to TFC or you are trolling.

The South portal leads to the pole region where it's very cold and you will obviously find very little vegetation. This region is often used to help preserve food.

The North, East and West Portals lead to plains areas with plenty of resources. The food won't fly into your mouth because almost 6000 players have been there before you. If you have to walk further then you'd like, you can also TP to another town and travel from there.

Either way, this is TFC and it's supposed to be hard to get food.

You are either new to TFC or you are trolling.The South portal leads to the pole region where it's very cold and you will obviously find very little vegetation. This region is often used to help preserve food.The North, East and West Portals lead to plains areas with plenty of resources. The food won't fly into your mouth because almost 6000 players have been there before you. If you have to walk further then you'd like, you can also TP to another town and travel from there.Either way, this is TFC and it's supposed to be hard to get food.

I wandered to the point of starving to death many, many, many times. That's NOT what TFC is about, dying just because the reach you have is wiped clean or locked up. As I said before. You should read the way it's said before assuming and even going and insulting someone.

This server has been visited by 6118 individual players which started 956 towns. Some are more successful then others obviously, but most of the players on the server are doing just fine. If you can't make it there it's your fault, not the server's or anyone else's. Complaining about it won't change that.

Hi, I'm Azariven, my TFC name is the same. I'm the mayor of Santuary ( someone took Sanctuary... ). I've been on the server for two month and eager to help new players.

Santuary is always offering food, starter supply (like straw, stones, logs) for new players. If you find me online just let me know.

(Clay and copper are scarce, so don't ask me for it.)

I'm getting a connection lost even when i see there are people online at the moment.

It says: Failed to login: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: .....

anyone know what;s going on?

Actually, it's my provider. They have migrated my connection to their new hosting platform last night. Unfortunately this also means I got a new IP address. I've changed all the DNS entries but it may take up to 24 hours before everybody can access the website and servers again.

Who wants to become mayor of Llamafarm? (North West of spawn)

Cant join gives me a java 503 error :(

This: Failed to login: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: .....

Cant join gives me a java 503 error :(

This: Failed to login: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: .....

That usually indicates a problem with the Mojang servers. Should it happen again, please check their status page to see if anything is wrong: https://help.mojang.com/

Bump for good server. Joined on 1st of July and didn't die once yet. It is possible to survive even though the server has been up for a while. If you can't find food, then maybe you are not trying hard enough.

I am reading about Towny mod (http://xshade.ca/projects/towny/ and https://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/), and I constantly stumble upon taxes and paying money to mayors for owning land. But I can't find anything about how the ordinary residents earn the money in the first place.

I.e. if I join a town, I have to pay taxes, otherwise I will be kicked from the town. But how to earn the money?

In this server there is no money and no taxes, people can found new towns or live as residents for free