Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

[0.79.30.925] HappyDiggers - The most popular public TFC server - Now also TechNode Firmacraft 3.7.1 (unofficial TFC)

512 posts in this topic

Is something wrong with the server? Or it's my DNS again? I thought I have just saw 10 people in server list - now can't reach. TS is also down.

[uPDATE:] Seems working again. Was it a scheduled reboot?

There was nothing scheduled after the daily server backup/restart. There were no crashes as far as I can tell and my Internet connection has been up all day.

Not sure what happened, it might have been a hiccup somewhere along the line between your connection and the server. Could be any number of ISPs :)

So had my first day on the server, very nice, sooooooo nice and kind people. And towns are great. And different. And traveling through ruins and abandoned towns ...

And got some questions, please could somebody answer?

1. What's the approx radius of the local chat? A chunk? 10? 100?

2. I see that I can harvest food in towns. I guess it's stealing even if it's obviously decorative, like in Sheraton, right (unless explicitly permitted)?

3. What other things can I still do (and should avoid, and should protect in my town) in towns? Can I take vessels from the ground? Tools from racks? Logs from piles? Ingots from heaps? Can I place (as a gift) all these things? I don't wanna experimenting with this to avoid illegal situation, especially when it's hard to return a thing to offline residents. (Actually failed to save a person's bug-broken leash because was afraid it's illegal. While was asking guys, it disappeared. Such a shame :(  ).

4. What you guys do for fun together? Except cooperative builds. E.g. in vanilla a person can make ... I don't know ...  a firework field and invite people to this event, like a festival, provide food, etc. What on TFC ? Roads? Horse races? Wars?

5. Is it possible at all to make a protected, but available for everyone railroad? Like if the redstone rails will be protected, they wouldn't switch? And like can an outsider place a cart on the rails? Etc ...

Or maybe someone can advice a good article about Towny+TFC? The original towny user manual is too compact.

So it's not my provider ...

[uPDATE] Ok, in about 10 minutes TS reconnected, then down again, then back, then the TFC went up.

Server like micro-crashed again, for 20 secs maybe. Maybe internet outage...

[uPDATE] And again, in 5 mins. Down for 10 mins, then up.

1. What's the approx radius of the local chat? A chunk? 10? 100?

2. I see that I can harvest food in towns. I guess it's stealing even if it's obviously decorative, like in Sheraton, right (unless explicitly permitted)?

3. What other things can I still do (and should avoid, and should protect in my town) in towns? Can I take vessels from the ground? Tools from racks? Logs from piles? Ingots from heaps? Can I place (as a gift) all these things? I don't wanna experimenting with this to avoid illegal situation, especially when it's hard to return a thing to offline residents. (Actually failed to save a person's bug-broken leash because was afraid it's illegal. While was asking guys, it disappeared. Such a shame :(  ).

4. What you guys do for fun together? Except cooperative builds. E.g. in vanilla a person can make ... I don't know ...  a firework field and invite people to this event, like a festival, provide food, etc. What on TFC ? Roads? Horse races? Wars?

5. Is it possible at all to make a protected, but available for everyone railroad? Like if the redstone rails will be protected, they wouldn't switch? And like can an outsider place a cart on the rails? Etc ...

Or maybe someone can advice a good article about Towny+TFC? The original towny user manual is too compact.

1. I don't know. Think it's atleast 50 blocks.

2. I personally wouldn't view it as stealing, but I know lots of other people would. It's best to ask the owner of the village if you can take food if the owner is online ofc. Your best bet is to ask for food in general chat.

3. As far as I know, everything is protected except for forge contents.

4. The most frequent group thing that happens is people from different towns that go mine together. Sometimes people also drink rum together or get invited to a restaurant. The only roads that you'll come accross are town roads. Their are no real long roads. The only lengthy road I know of is a railway between Sherton and Trafalgar. With the amount of teleporting going on, roads and railways are almost useless (which is a REAL shame imo). Horse races don't happen. Wars don't happen. Cross-town cooperative builds are (almost?) non-existant on the server, which is also a shame.

5. I don't actually know if you can.

Metamorfos, thank you, I sincerely appreciate!

Woah... I haven't been on in a long while. Checking the dynmap and gotta ask, did the map reset lately? <_<With the new update, looking back into TFC to play again. Had a ton of fun on this server.

Hey folks, so, I was trying to set up a little house way west of spawn, and I planted a plum tree sapling which seems to have been buggy in some manner? As soon as I planted it, my client crashed, and I haven't been able to log back in. Help?

I don't have any personal experience with it, but optifine seems to help with glitches like that

Woah... I haven't been on in a long while. Checking the dynmap and gotta ask, did the map reset lately? <_<With the new update, looking back into TFC to play again. Had a ton of fun on this server.

The current map was started when TFC b78 came out. So no, the map hasn't been reset lately :)However since it's been a while since your last visit things have changed quite a lot with all the builds going on all over the server. There are a lot of really nice towns to visit.

The current map was started when TFC b78 came out. So no, the map hasn't been reset lately :)However since it's been a while since your last visit things have changed quite a lot with all the builds going on all over the server. There are a lot of really nice towns to visit.

Cool. Time to update my client with optifine and maybe Dynamic Torches (since its client side only). Been practicing again and gotta remember the alloy ratios again, but time to throw myself back in the wild wild world. 

Been practicing again and gotta remember the alloy ratios again, but time to throw myself back in the wild wild world. 

Since you was not playing for long time, you have the unique opportunity to compare server at different times. Because when people play for a long time, all changes pass insensibly, by tiny portions, and you can't distinguish them well. But you have different situation.

I'm new to the server and it will be very interesting for me to read about your impressions from the server now and long ago. What changed, what did not, etc. I understand that describing this could be not interesting for you - no problem :) Most likely I would not be able to describe it :) Just asking :)

Since you was not playing for long time, you have the unique opportunity to compare server at different times. Because when people play for a long time, all changes pass insensibly, by tiny portions, and you can't distinguish them well. But you have different situation.

I played two updates ago and was on the server for about a month, I was just figuring out anvils. Was a bit of hermit in the middle of nowhere and only made a trade once (2 full vessels Casserite for 2 full vessels of Native Copper), so I'm not the best person to talk to about the social aspects of the server but it was generally a plesant experience.Might go around and be more socialable this time... find a commidity and trade the hell out of it, and maybe find a town to build with.EDIT:My place is still on the server... appearently I got confused on what version we are all on. xDPacesbus is still around, and I even have a neighbor now, Dutchlords.

Thank you! Will visit your place sometime :) So many jobs when u r a newcomer :)))

defiler86, your town spawn point suffocates. :( Good i was ready :)

[Edit]: Ok, reached from another town. Nice place u have there :)

defiler86, your town spawn point suffocates. :( Good i was ready :)

[Edit]: Ok, reached from another town. Nice place u have there :)

Crap... I need to redo the town spawn someplace a little safer. And thanks. Currently working on a charcoal producing silo and a better place for blacksmithing.It all makes since that someone messaged me randomly that night. xD

We've been experimenting with TFC b79 for Minecraft 1.7.10. This is the current state of affairs:

• TFC is incompatible with Cauldron which currently uses a slightly older Forge version. Cauldron is probably not going to get updated anymore.
  • No Cauldron means no Bukkit plugins: Towny, Prism (block logging and rollback), MCBans, tickets, multiple home/warps, chat channels, moderator tools and many other plugins we've used to enhance the current server.
  • Towny alternative 'MyTown2' for Minecraft 1.7.10 isn't working. And even if it was it's currently a very light weight alternative to Towny.
  • ForgeEssentials offers some protection but it's very labor intensive for staff to set up and maintain.

In short this means that right now there is no way to run a good public TFC server for Minecraft 1.7.10 with all the protection and service we currently have on the 1.6.4 TFC server. At this point the only alternatives I see are:

• Add a whitelist where players have to jump through a couple of hoops before they can get in. (Still doesn't solve the lack of features and protection.)
  • Make the rules more flexible to allow for things like PvP, theft and grief. (Would result in chaos and a lot of complaints we'd have to ignore. This is pretty much how we never want to run servers.)
  • Not make the rules more flexible and have staff monitor way more then they already do. (Would result in tons of work for staff and it would probably make their lives miserable.)
  • Pay-to-enter to keep griefers out and discourage bad behavior. (Banned players get no refund so it would probably keep players in check. However it would be a huge barrier for most players. We wouldn't be getting 8200 unique players on the server again that's for sure.)

Feel free to share your thoughts on this issue.

Of all of these, I would think whitelist would be the best? That's just my thoughts though.

I can't wait to start all over again. I've got some ideas for my next big town... =)

As it turn out,the author of Cauldron hasn't quit just yet. He said he'd stop, his website was offline for days. And now he's back :)

He's releasing updates the same way Spigot is doing in the form of bps updates which you then use to patch an earlier release. With this new Cauldron I've been able to get TFC running with most of the plugins we currently use on the server. I've begun pre-generating the world and when that's done the staff and some VIPs will starting building some basic stuff.

Plans for the new server include:

• New spawn area.
  • Introduction maze for new players. It will teach players what the rules are and not to just invite and trust anyone into their towns. It shouldn't take more then a few minutes to get through it. Which doubles as a way to weed out players who are too impatient to be playing TFC to being with :)
  • Basic road network connecting several server towns. Players may connect their own towns to these roads.
  • Tuning down the teleportation just a bit. I haven't decided if I'll make teleportation cost in-game currency or if I'll use a cool down period or if I'll only make it possible to teleport from town to town or some other variation.
  • Trade via a plugin so people can't be cheated out of a deal anymore.
  • Increase minimum distance between town spawns.