Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

[0.79.30.925] HappyDiggers - The most popular public TFC server - Now also TechNode Firmacraft 3.7.1 (unofficial TFC)

512 posts in this topic

The only mod you need to join is TFC. We never add mods that require you to have anything besides TFC.

For the record. The server is running the following mods:

• Dynmap-2.1-alpha-1-forge-10.13.2
  • MobiusCore-1.2.3_1.7.10
  • Opis-1.2.3_1.7.10
  • TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.14.514

Dynmap doesn't need an explanation I think :)

MobiusCore and Opis are tools we use to monitor the server's performance. It shows us how much time the server spends on each chunk, entity count, which entity uses how much CPU, etc.

Are you having trouble logging in to the server? If so, please post the logs from your client on http://paste2.org and give the link here so we can try to figure out what's gong on.

oh im runing 0.79.13 well crap i use a mod pack so i cant fix this.

oh im runing 0.79.13 well crap i use a mod pack so i cant fix this.

You can likely fix it by replacing the TFC mod in the appropriate mod folder.  Depending on which mod pack you're using and which client launcher it is you should be able to find it in something like the "instances" sub folder or the like.  Look for the mod folder and just switcheroo it.  You may also need to change your forge to the appropriate update as well.

If you do that then also delete the TFC config file so it will generate a new one for you.

I'm so happy the server lag issue has been resolved. Going to miss a lot of sleep playing here.

To all new players joining the server. Please read the /rules carefully. We don't do temp bans. If you break the rules, you're getting banned.

The two most common reasons for someone to get banned are:

• Bad language
  • Griefing

We don't fool around with this stuff. If you don't like our server rules, please look for another server. So far the result of our zero tolerance policy has been that we have a very nice group of players on our servers. Bullying and harassment of players is rare. Grief is usually dealt with swiftly and the damage restored with a few simple commands.

We will continue to try to keep our servers a nice place for everyone.

Posted Image

fixed it. i needed to dump my mini map mod so i can log in :]

Edit: Why would a minimap mod keep me from logging onto the server? got a fix for this?

it won't let me join it says mod rejection [FMLmod:map writer{2.1.2}]

It shouldn't since it's a client-side mod. The server has Opis installed which includes MapWriter for the client-side component. However players are not required to have Opis and/or MapWriter installed in order to be able to join. And Opis on the server can only be used by admins who are OP.

As for the problems with the large amounts of disconnects we've been experiencing the past few days. We may have found a fix for it. Warning: techno babble ahead!

We use Xen to run several virtual servers. It turns out that under certain workloads a bug in the xen-netfront driver is getting triggered. This causes packets to be dropped. When enough packets get dropped and the latency between a player and the server is high enough, players can get disconnected. It appears this can happen to any Linux kernel newer than 3.7. We have just upgraded the Linux kernel on our server to 3.17.7 which contains a fix for this issue.

Please let us know if guys have a better connection with the server after this update.

it won't let me join it says mod rejection [FMLmod:map writer{2.1.2}]

heres a possible fix

find map writer 2.1.2 in your mods folder and delete it or move it. just get it out of the mods folder.

hope it helps. (im on mac and new to mods so maybe it wont work.)

People who use MapWriter and are having trouble connecting to the server, try this:

Get rid of whatever version of MapWriter you are using.Install Opis-1.2.3 and MobiusCore-1.2.3 instead.It will give you the same MapWriter functionality and should allow you to join the server with it.Although I have no clue why it would prevent you from joining the server if you have a different MapWriter installed. It's a client-side mod, the server doesn't actually use it. Perhaps it's a bug in Opis or MapWriter.

The server has been updates to TerraFirmaCraft 0.79.15.538

Please update your clients before you join. As always you can find the latest version on the download page. And while you are there, please read the change log as well to see what's new.

This update should fix the issue where putting hot items into a barrel would crash the server. I've also taken down the warning for this when players join the server.

And one more announcement. Last night I noticed that the TFC server instance was using around 7GB of RAM. The old b78 server ran using 6GB of RAM and still had a bit to spare when the server was full. Guess the move to Minecraft 1.7.10 causes the server to use a bit more RAM. I've increased the amount of RAM to 10GB for the TFC instance so there should be plenty for now. If not, then I'll just add some more :)

Regarding the disconnects.

In the server logs I see the following happening:

[21:39:46] [Netty IO #3/WARN]: Selector.select() returned prematurely 512 times in a row; rebuilding selector.[21:39:46] [Netty IO #3/INFO]: Migrated 2 channel(s) to the new Selector.
And then everybody disconnects. It seems that a workaround for a bug in netty or java (not sure which yet) activates to prevent a crash. That is good, however the result is that the connections are dropped and everybody has to reconnect. Which isn't good obviously.md-5, the guy behind Spigot, sais there is nothing he can do about it: https://github.com/SpigotMC/BungeeCord/issues/455On netty's Github people are discussing various Linux kernels but I'm not sure if that is going to be any help to us since we're already on a newer kernel then the ones they are talking about: https://github.com/netty/netty/issues/2616When we know more we'll post an update.

Around 22:00 CET Sverf disabled TCP segmentation offloading and generic segmentation offloading in the virtual network driver of the VM instance, this should work around the problem, but uses more cpu power to transmit packets. Let us know if this makes any difference.

Application: 

In game username: LIESTech
How long have you been playing TFC: B78.10 on through
Why do you want to join the Hard Core group?: Played on a server with teleports. Made TFC extremely easy. Me and three other guys proceeded to make an all marble Greek themed town with Parthenon and Administration offices in about a week.
Have you fully read and understand what you are applying for?: I'm applying for Vanilla TFC with base protection, no teleports and no trade interaction with normal players on the server. So Yes.

Edit:

Sorry my name is actually LiesTECH. I have been mainly playing SP so I forgot. Also my intention in the hardcore world is to be a trail builder and day shelter engineer with the intent of making the continent easy to cover without being caught out in boring nothingness.

I got your two private messages also, thanks for the suggestion.

Your plugin has to compete with many other plugins that have already proven themselves. Please keep that in mind as you read the following.

Players on our server already have the ability to set multiple "homes" and teleport to them through commands just like your plugin. They use the /sethome <name> and /home <name> command for this. Your plugin seems to add a GUI of some sort. I haven't seen any screenshots of videos of this in action so I have no idea if that's worth investing time in or not. Perhaps you could add some?

Since people have a lot of homes set up already, I'm hesitant to add a plugin that requires them to set all those points again. And adding two plugins that perform the same function is something I'd rather not do. So it's either Essentials, or your plugin. Does your plugin have support for homes set by Essentials?

From Essentials we know it's stable, reliable and updates frequently. Do you have any other plugins or is this your first?

The changelog from your last two updates say very little of what actually changed:

this update changes some things that I didn't like

changed how the whole thing works!

Before I update a plugin I really like to know what has changed. Please provide more details.

I hope this feedback is useful to you.

Jiro has added the following statement to the HardCore group information:

Due to graphite generation schist bug in the previous Build 79 versions I have added a Graphite vendor in the center area of the continent. The vendor will accept 1 kaolinite and give the player 1 graphite.

Application: 

In game username: LIESTech

How long have you been playing TFC: B78.10 on through

Why do you want to join the Hard Core group?: Played on a server with teleports. Made TFC extremely easy. Me and three other guys proceeded to make an all marble Greek themed town with Parthenon and Administration offices in about a week.

Have you fully read and understand what you are applying for?: I'm applying for Vanilla TFC with base protection, no teleports and no trade interaction with normal players on the server. So Yes.

You have been added to the Hard Core user group.  Good luck!

Hey i wanna apply for the hardcore group,

In game username:solider1234

How long have you been playing TFC: i dont know the build but back then flint tools where a thing and stone pickaxe was still int the game, so pretty long ^^

Why do you want to join the Hard Core group?: Because teleportation makes stuff to easy, i wanna have fun over a long time and not a little more fun in less time if you know what im talking about kinda xD

Have you fully read and understand what you are applying for?: yes of course like mentiont above.

I wanna add that i MIGHT just start playing in a week or so because of school but it would be nice to be already in that list when i start ^^

solider1234 has been added the the Hard Core group as well :)

solider1234 has been added the the Hard Core group as well :)

thanck you C:

This has probably been said but I'm sure now that most of the lag and timeouts/crashes are due to the broadcast/announcer plugin. Every time it announces something there's a huge lagspike a few seconds later, or sometimes there's a lagspike and then the broadcast appears. Would it be easier to just get rid of the plugin?