Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

[0.79.30.925] HappyDiggers - The most popular public TFC server - Now also TechNode Firmacraft 3.7.1 (unofficial TFC)

512 posts in this topic

There currently isn't any kind of shop mod/plugin running on the server. All shops are trade posts made by players.

If enough people are interested in making their own shop, I'll consider facilitating it through some sort of plugin. It'll probably be a sign shop since that's easiest to use and most reliable in mixed Forge/Bukkit servers.

So let me know what you guys think :)

I guess may be we could turn on currency of towny plugin? I don't know exactly how it works but it may add some fun.

2InsaneJ: It is you server, you game, you choice of features. You task as a game developer, is to provide us (players) with a set of balanced features. Our tasks, as players, is enjoy a game and play it. You can achive this either buy get someone else game (e.g. stock terrafirma) or by create new one (add and configure mods).

All succeed server choose second route.

P.S. Just don't add client mods $)

@tenterro, we're not turning on the economy part for towns. That will result in a lot of players loosing their towns if they can't manage to pay the upkeep. We want players to feel safe knowing their towns will remain, even if they take a break from playing.

@DarukuA, so basically you're telling me: figure it out! That's not useful at all I'm afraid. And then you end by telling me not to add client side mods. Which is completely redundant.

The first part I've been doing all along which resulted in the most popular TFC server. And the second has been stated several times and should be in the OP somewhere. The server will never require client mods other then TFC.

Are there any plans to change the year length to make it longer?

I'm just wondering. I think it would be cooler if we did that.

Uggh stupid non-updating modpacks... 

Does anyone know a modpack that WILL update on the technic launcher?

:( I still can't get on... I might try self-installation.

Hey insaneJ,

just a couple of comments. Im not sure why, but even though your server is limited to 35 ppl if it ever gets above 25+ it starts rubberbanding reallt bad. Having to mine the same thing over and over is annoying and i think its causing some wierd buggs. I got 8 sapplings the other day from 1 fruit tree. By the looks of your hardware you should be able to accomidate a lot more ppl without any serious rubberbanding. Also because your server is actually quite popular the 35 player max is hit quite often. especially on weekends. Sometimes taking almost an hour to clear up space

When we started the current map, the server could hold 50 players easily. As time progressed players started making fire pits, bloomeries, forges, (animal)farms, etc. All those things take up a considerable amount of CPU time. In my opinion they take up more then they should. From our perspective TFC doesn't seem to be very optimized for servers. When you have 35 people on, you'd expect them to all be able to hold a small farm, build the multi-block "machines" and still perform well on high-end hardware.

However since that is not the case, the only thing we can do (other then impose severe restrictions) is try to minimize the amount of needless load on the server. I'm talking about towns having only 1 small pen for animals. Stuff like in the screenshots below really kills the server's performance:

Posted Image

Posted Image

To give you an idea. When the server has 35 people on, there are up to 15.000 chunks loaded. Which in itself isn't a problem. Each of those animal farms takes up about 1/20th of the server's performance. It means that with 20 chunks filled with animals like that, you can bring the server to a halt. Which is way out of proportion. So don't keep more farm animals then you really, absolutely, need. One pig will feed an entire village for a really long time. Having 3 pigs is more then enough for any village on the server. Kill one, eat, breed another, repeat.

Also try not to create multi block structures you don't really need in a town. Since you are in a town, why does everyone need a blast furnace, bloomery, etc? You can work together and pull your resources.

As long as players are unwilling to cooperate in such a way, the lag will remain during peak hours. We have taken several steps to improve performance, but all of the measures to do so are very unpopular and have given us a ton of complaints. I'm talking about the following:

• Reduce player slots
  • Reduce view-distance
  • Enforce farm animal limits
  • Enforce structure limits (fire pit, forge, bloomery, etc.)

The best thing players can do is report when they see other players having farms like the ones in the screenshot above or when there are tons of wild animals in any given location. I drop by on the server almost daily just to kill off the excess animals by which I means literally thousands of animals that have just spawned.

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you hear lots of thunder on the server, that's me killing off animals.

And please try to cooperate with other players. Try not to build everything yourself but instead share. That's the whole point of playing on a server if you ask me :)

To help new players find new lands with plentiful resources, Pernix_8D has setup 4 server towns: North, South, East and West. You can teleport there using: /t spawn North, South, East or West.

I have also put up 4 portals at spawn for your convenience. Just walk through them to get to your destination.

Posted Image

I have some feedback regarding chicken breeding. Unlike the other animals, chickens will breed automatically without player interference as long as the chunk is loaded. This is what causes some chicken pens to get out of control. If the owner goes away for a while if is possible for the pen to explode int chaos. The only way to stop this is for the owner to destroy the nest boxes before becoming inactive. Just a heads up!

The Financial District is now open! It's at the north of the /spawn. It has the basalt bazaar shop, the Ore Exchange (where you can exchange ores for other ores in a 1:1 unit ratio and the WorkForCrap scheme, where you can work, for crap. A bit like a job...

Some more stats. The server continues to grow. The past 30 days the server has send+received 6.5TB of data:

Posted Image

Also we have passed the 3000 unique player mark a while ago. Right now the server has been visited by 3233 players. Onwards to 4K :)

Hello My name on your server is Honeybee47 and around yesterday i tryed to connect on your server and i have appered to have been banned!. I have no idear why and i was not warned i was gona get banned so i think this may be a mistake, could a admin or the owner of the server please reply to this and tell me why i have been banned ty :)

Honeybee47

Honeybee47. I'm the one who banned you. You were banned because you stole a number of items from 'sneezing9panda'

Evidence: http://imgur.com/pKT0wIM,rSFrFoN,Jal7DLl,UCOXBQ5,lOOY0LS,UNcrVnV,1msjlwg,MMFrYUD,zdFHY3d#6

If you cross picture 7-8 the bushes were broke then placed at another location, at similar times.

You broke and stole all of sneezing ingots, took a few things from his chest,

oh and stole his bed.

Also, before I forget,

You got the leader of your town, to claim that house claiming that it was your own.

I beleive this is enough evidence for a ban.

Yes the ban is permanent. But don't worry, the AssHat server is back. You can steal from people all you like there.

i don't know how, but by planting a banana sapling i made the chunk it was planted in impossible to access sort of. my friends and i keep trying to log back on, but the game crashes. 

ten thousand eons of bragging rights to anyone who can vanquish glitch banana

DeerGtus, Pernix is looking into your problem.

Today the database got corrupted. I had to manually remove 2 towns that no longer had a mayor or residents. Also the town of Castle_Virrant had to be removed since I wasn't able to find and manually enter it's spawn point. P1eGuY and TheeShadows you will have to re-create your town and reclaim it's plots.

I tried finding the information of that town in yesterday's backup. But since those backups are 4.4GB plain-text files (after extraction), I didn't feel like going through a weeks worth of backups. I've got better things to do on my day off.

Sorry for the inconvenience. The server should be running now.

In an attempt to battle against the corrupted chunks that would crash the server, the following towns are now floating above the void and thus removed:

• InfinityCraftPT
  • Derptopia
  • Nova
  • nikeybase
  • TerraFirmaLabs

Sorry for you loss guys :B

But if you are homeless and looking for a town, there are still 663 left to choose from :)

As far as we can tell the chunk corruption problem seems to be solved :)

New monument in Sherton

Posted Image

Looking good tenterro. Also love the huge rail road network you're building :)The HappyDiggers TFC server has reached a new milestone. We currently have had more than 4000 unique players visit our server so hooray for that! :D