Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
theJalden

What are you looking forward to most in the next update

13 posts in this topic

From what I've seen of Dunk's livestream and commit logs, this is going to be a huge update.  I'm personally looking forward to new world generation and new animals.  The pheasants seem like a nice addition.  Though I also wish song birds were added just for the feathers.  The new volcanoes and hot springs look really neat.  I could imagine setting up a vacation retreat on a server.  I have to say the body temperature aspect of the game may also be interesting.  Are the days gone where we can safely stand on top of a fully fired forge?

So, based on the given released information.  What feature(s) are you most interested in?

Horses, because we really need a better travel/transport system other then minecarts & boats,

Body temp, because more diverse gameplay(and possibly need to build actual shelters and not just walls surrounding your work area)

and hot springs, because who doesn't like a hot bath?

The new terrain generator, specifically the part where sedimentary rock only spawns as surface layers. It should drastically cut down on instances of the game trolling me like this. :P

Not being dead before it comes out. 

Seriously though, body temperature will make the game very immersive. I'd say that, even more than horses, the addition of the leash/rope/whatever is going to be a huge improvement overall. Hot springs, pipes, volcanoes...meh. Not to depreciate the amount of work that went into them, but they are more of a padding to the core gameplay of the mod IMO.

The new terrain generator, specifically the part where sedimentary rock only spawns as surface layers. It should drastically cut down on instances of the game trolling me like this. :P

If you are referring to not being able to find fluxstone, the new mechanic isn't going to change that, you'll just have to travel further on the surface instead of digging down, unless you want to search for marble as well.

With the new mechanic, the top layer can still be composed of any stone (Sed, Met, IgIn, IgEx). The middle layer is composed of Met, IgIn and IgEx, and the lowest layer will just be IgIn and IgEx

Yes, but it narrows the possible locations down. In the current game, I could have a sedimentary layer under my house. Or under the biome fifty blocks over yonder. I won't know until I dig down and check. Rinse and repeat in every single new area found. And for digging down, you have two choices: spend enormous amounts of time punching leaves for sticks to make ladders, or spend the same time you save by not punching leaves digging staircases instead, which require at least twice as much mining as a straight shaft down. And chew up your tools.

At least in b78 I have no more need to construct a four-digit amount of ladders. This may not mean much to you, but after spending an entire week doing nothing but making ladders every moment not spent digging shafts, I definitely appreciate it a lot. :P

(And, yes - the dolomite I finally found is in layer 3. Had I not dug the 13th hundred-block shaft, I would still not have any fluxstone.)

I am looking forward to not needing to save-scum to get away from starting in Sequoia forests :)

Updated terrain generation is what im looking for the most. Maybe my hopes are too high but it would be awesome if there was more strategy involved in finding ores.

I'm really interested to see how extensive the body temperature system ends up being. Food-related commits have been common lately, so that should be interesting too.

Well there is something very special and awesome that i'm looking forward to that will be introduced in the near future, if not the next update

but i'm not allowed to talk about it, ;P

Well there is something very special and awesome that i'm looking forward to that will be introduced in the near future, if not the next update

but i'm not allowed to talk about it, ;P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You tease!

Body Temperature for sure is going to be really interesting. Hope it adds another layer to the survival tapestry the guys have been weaving. I've held off playing for months now and the anticipation is starting to build! Also could someone please provide a link to the Reddit page that tracks commit as I can’t find it anymore!

berry bushes and pheasants