Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
guitarehero14

Houses

10 posts in this topic

Okay, so straw beds with hide on them (personally I would scrape the hairs off first but eh) have already been added in, I think.

So that knocks away my sleeping bag issue... I still think the "energy" or "sleep" indicator should be added in.

Anyway, you guys have some ideas for new house building? I only care about aesthetics since temperature and stuff apparently doesn't matter. My main idea comes from this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIJlFBAAjvE

Wattle and daub! Thatch roof! Wait that already exists! THATCH STAIRS OMG

You can actually use the thatch blocks for more than just the roof. I tend to build my first house completely out of it - just gotta be really careful with the fireplace. ;)

So that knocks away my sleeping bag issue... I still think the "energy" or "sleep" indicator should be added in.

The stamina thread in suggestions?

anyways, I think thatch slabs and stairs would be nice

Whattle and daub blocks would be lovely!

Think if you build some kind of wooden framework first, just like in the video, out of planks (which would make it a metal age building block) or something else (sticks?) then combine straw and clay for the daub, then right click the whattle to create your building block.

I kinda wish that thatch blocks could be broken down by enemies. that would make upgrading from thatch houses a higher priority.

by the way, try making a celtic roundhouse! i always end up making those when i play, mostly out of stone for walls and thatch for roof but if i had whattle & daub, then that'd be my favourite material!

Me likes the likes of this thread so far, as me builds viking, irish huts!

gotta bump that thread up!

NEW IDEA: COB BLOCKS (bet that looked like something else at first glance)

this would be a pretty simple way of building a little hut granted you live in a certain area. basically the idea is you just mix sand, dirt, clay, straw, and water to make a cob block, which can then be constructed in to some proper walls that you can finish off with (most likely) a thatched roof.

Now my concern is can you just plonk them down like that to build them? Does it have to dry or something? I definitely want some more house stuff.

The whole "use dirt for more things than just filling in stuff" has been on my mind for a while, but do be careful requiring sand and clay. Straw is renewable, so is water. Clay and sand are not, and clay is already kind of heavily used in the Copper/Bronze age. People really do need lots of it starting out for Vessels and Jugs, as well as Molds. Even later on, Vessels are kinda important as inventory management tools.

Yes, but keep in mind this stuff is just for the purpose of aesthetics. Maybe when cold and wind actually becomes an issue for health and comfort, it will be useful

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0