Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
oxxyjoe

I can't Wait for the new Update Thread!

10 posts in this topic

I am really anxious for build 78. I Do want it and I want it Now. Primarily though there are simply particular things that I really hope to get to tinker with soon. As about bugs, really there are not that many in my opinion. Granted, I don't know what-all kinds of bugs people have with this mod. But I do wish to simply state: It's A Fantastic Minecraft Mod. I can't ever play regular vanilla minecraft again. So do you guys realize, that TerraFirma is in a position of being extremely cool for a long time? We are only in the infancy right now. That's how pumped-up I am about this mod. Just putting realistic ore names in the game was a stroke of genius.I know this is cheesy as it gets, but, I can't wait till the new update has been... TERR-AFFIRMED.

Seems like we'll all need to have

-puts on sunglasses-

Terra-Firm faith in our devs!

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

-okay yeah that was bad, i'll show myself out-

F**k, Im anxious too, armor stands, horses, pheasants, smithing w/o plans, arranged ore gen and... HOT SPRINGS!!! I want the build NOW!!!!!

'Dat body temperature and Dev API.

Straw beds! I'm praying to the gods that stamina and energy bars get added in.

You may not have realized this, but the hunger/thirst bars are already essentially stamina/energy because they deplete when you do things like run, break blocks, fight mobs etc. They're just replenished with food and water instead of rest so that players don't have to stop randomly during gameplay to sit down and recover.

I'm am also quite anxious to about the new update, I hope it comes out in a month or less

You may not have realized this, but the hunger/thirst bars are already essentially stamina/energy because they deplete when you do things like run, break blocks, fight mobs etc. They're just replenished with food and water instead of rest so that players don't have to stop randomly during gameplay to sit down and recover.

That's true, but me personally, would like a stamina/energy bar that can make 'tired' symptoms, and makes you have to rest every once in a while.

And for the stop randomly during gameplay, if stamina say, depletes by 1/4 or so after a day's work, fills by 1/3-ish after a nights rest, and gives penalties when under 1/2 full,

then a good nights sleep each night would technically be enough, and the only time you would have to sleep/rest randomly would be when you don't sleep nights and run/jump/etc all day long. I think having a stamina/energy/rest cycle you have to plan for as well as food and water would be fun.

That's true, but me personally, would like a stamina/energy bar that can make 'tired' symptoms, and makes you have to rest every once in a while.

And for the stop randomly during gameplay, if stamina say, depletes by 1/4 or so after a day's work, fills by 1/3-ish after a nights rest, and gives penalties when under 1/2 full,

then a good nights sleep each night would technically be enough, and the only time you would have to sleep/rest randomly would be when you don't sleep nights and run/jump/etc all day long. I think having a stamina/energy/rest cycle you have to plan for as well as food and water would be fun.

You have to account for starting players though. Depending on their luck, it may be a few in-game days before they are able to make their first straw bed. Also, the straw bed only sets the players spawn.. there is no extra speed in the passage of time while laying in it, so you would have to expect players to wait out the entire night while laying in the bed to have the restorative properties make sense.

You have to account for starting players though. Depending on their luck, it may be a few in-game days before they are able to make their first straw bed. Also, the straw bed only sets the players spawn.. there is no extra speed in the passage of time while laying in it, so you would have to expect players to wait out the entire night while laying in the bed to have the restorative properties make sense.

But there isn't much you can do to at night early game too.

I mean, I find that most of my early game nights are just making pit kilns and afk in a puddle, and cooking if I was lucky enough to find animals.

But yea, if stamina like that is to be fully inputted fully, there should be at least different sleep mechanic.

One of the problems of stamina discussed at my stamina thread where things like sleeping at servers, and not being able to sleep at day