Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AllenWL

Nothing worthwhile to see here, move along(or if you have time, come in!)

8 posts in this topic

So if you are seeing this, I guess you have time. I just wanted to say Hi to this community of really nice people, since I'm still somewhat new(I've only been on for I think 3~4 months or less)

Also, I was just wondering, is this the thread/section/whatever we call this I should use for shameless self-advertisement? If so, this is a mod idea I have, but cannot make because I know nothing about programming! http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1954456-tree-top-survivalapocalypse-mod/#entry24068040

Anyways, with that out of the way....

I'm brainstorming ideas on how to play skyblock with TFC.

Any ideas?

Skyblock + TFC? Oh dear god. -leaps into abyss-But seriously, that would be a neat (and certainly challenging) survival map. The only thing that I can think of that relates to it is that grass blocks don't fall. I'm not sure if a layer of thatch would prevent the dirt from just sliding off from underneath the grass and falling into the void.

You could always frame the skyblock with the thatch, that would keep everything within the island. Basically making a cup to hold your island.

My worry is not dirt blocks falling, I can frame the skyblocks.

What I worry about is

1: lack of stone pick and lack of metal/mobs on skyblock

2: Animals spawn once in TFC. So in skyblock, no animals ever, so no meat, no leather, no wool, no wool products, no cheese, no milk

3: Lack of tall grass means no seeds, and no pit kiln, but the no pit kiln is ok because,

4: No clay, cannot smelt ores. That's fine too, because

5: No ores, no pick to mine them anyways

So in TFC skyblock, all you can really do is well, die.

So how can we remedy this, and let people have a full TFC experience, while keeping the skyblock bit alive?

Skyblock can be so much fun. TFC may not be the best platform. Anyway, here goes!

Thatch is the primary renewable building block in TFC. Giving the player some cereal seeds and water would allow them to make infinite thatch over time and build outwards. Kind of like Cobble Generators but slooooooow. How you handle water would be a big part of the game too. Whether it's an infinite spring + red steal bucket, or just a single source block, will have a major effect on the gameplay.

Seeing that you can't make stone renewable you would have a maximal limit to the amount of tools you could possibly make... This could be a good hard limit that gives gives the player something of a 'stone clock' that will end their map. Breaking the usual Skyblock rules and having a number pre-built orbs of stone in the sky could give players a goal and access to more stone. Some could come with resources inside, making searing for materials above copper possible. A custom map generation could do something similar. You may need to shamelessly steal idea's from Ex Nihilio and apply them to TFC. EN revolves mostly about making everything from renewable materials... TFC sadly does not have as many of those as vanilla.

Aside from some copper the player would also need a source of wood or two. Maybe a charcoal wood like willow, and a long burning wood of choice. In vanilla sky block it's not so bad. Get a mob spawner/platform going and you have bonemeal for days... TFC trees take a long time to grow. Not sure if animals still spawn in TFC, but my first move would be to get far enough away from the main dirt island to have animals spawn there. Seems like the best food source to me. Having a bed would let you get trees grown in a realistic time.

Your mod idea seems hard to place into the game. The imagery sounds nice though.

Edit: Some of the things you say they player would not have, are usually placed in a chest for regular Skyblock. Otherwise they really is no way or reason to play. Getting TFC working with MCEdit or single player commands (that's the one that lets you delete blocks in entire chunks right?) would let you make a suitable map.

Maybe if TFC updates to the same version Ex Nihilio, I'll ask for a TFC bridge, but until then, lemme mull over ideas for a bit

Probably hard, but I know 2 total conversion mods, so I think it's possible

Edit: Some of the things you say they player would not have, are usually placed in a chest for regular Skyblock. Otherwise they really is no way or reason to play. Getting TFC working with MCEdit or single player commands (that's the one that lets you delete blocks in entire chunks right?) would let you make a suitable map.

Actually, I can get a skyblock map, and modify it to TFC later.

On a side note, my mod idea got a modding team(or the beginning of one anyways)

I REALLY like the idea of your mod, I'll dig up my MC forums account and post some support some time soon. Unfortunately I'm neither a coder nor an artist, so all I can offer is kind words :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0