Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
lonelycrafter

What do you like about terrafirmacraft

18 posts in this topic

i hate reading to but give it a chance i think you will come to like this article.

Come on now we all have our reasons for downloading this beast of a mod. why dont you share some of your favorite reasons give the mod creators and all the admins some love. and most of all give the fellow crafters some love. well seeing as you read this far let me tell you about some of my favorites yeah il start it off seeing as some of you might be shy. just kidding your all beautiful. ok here we go now well for starters i love the new challenges it brings. you wil find that time is of the essence food before winter ext. so what i like to do is build a huge wall around my base. you can see the picture of the wall below ( its called image 12)post-5668-0-35192700-1394382555_thumb.jp . so theres one of the main challengesi have a huge farm food allways seems to have an effect on the way my day is planned look at image 14 below to get an idea of the size of my farm.post-5668-0-80815500-1394382848_thumb.jp. so that is only the few of the thing i love bout this game. im not even going to get into the crafting. love it thanks guys 

I like TFC because of the hardcore believability. I also like it because in creative mode I like to build big houses with lots of barrels to make lots of whisky. I also build blacksmith shacks to practice my armor making skills because if I was on a server I would be a armorer.

Gotta say, this looks a lot more like an advertisement than a genuine discussion.

Gotta say, this looks a lot more like an advertisement than a genuine discussion.

I'm going to have to agree. If you want to advertise your youtube channel, please do it in our Let's Play (and Live Stream) subforum. I am going to edit your post to be more appropriate for this subforum rather than move it entirely.

Much better.  

Feel free to stick your links and such in your signature.

As a builder, I like the diversity of materials available, and the microblocks.  I also enjoy the challenging crafting system and the sense of accomplishment that comes from working hard towards a goal and finally achieving it.

Player involvement. Checking soil nutrition, using support beams, and smithing, for example. And doing so on a player/game-play level. Command blocks will never fill that hole in the vanilla game.

tsuarok thanks i just wanted to throw my link in there i dident know i could put it as my signature thanks for that tip. :3

The rapid pace of updates... ^_^

I love the chisel. That and mining. Mining is just such an enjoyable experience for me.

TerraFirmaCraft is a modification that, to some, may be the one they had been searching for all of these years. For me, it is probably the greatest modification I have ever played, and because much of content in it is so believable and whatnot. I love how it's much harder to survive in the wilderness, and I really love some of its construction, metallurgy, agricultural, and mining aspects. Exploration is also a huge factor, which I do enjoy, as well.

Overall, TFC is something that holds a special place in my heart, even though I no longer have the time to play Minecraft (which is pretty sad, considering that I probably won't be around by the time TFC is officially released).

TerraFirmaCraft is a modification that, to some, may be the one they had been searching for all of these years.

This. I play other mod packs but this is the one that, every time I come back to it, I am just amazed at all of the things that are in the mod that I would put in there if it were mine. Wow that was a messed up sentence. You get what I mean, though.

More specifically, aside from what others have said, it is the crafting and storage that is very "realistic". If I fell a dozen trees, I have to put them somewhere. And not just more chests. No one puts logs in chests! And the ore overlayed on the different stone. That is nice. Oh, and knapping! Yes, knapping..

I could go on. Essentially, other overhaul mods try to get the whole survival feel, but some just end up making it harder without creating more gameplay. It just becomes longer. TFC does a great job of making things fun the whole way.

I like how open ended it is.  I don't really care much about the tech tree (making tin to make copper to what whatever) but I find myself enjoying the tool making, the farming, the exploring, the sitting in a house I designed, with a fire pit, my tamed wolf by my side, listening to the rain outside.  And I play on peaceful because to me, the game is about Me Vs. Starving.

I first came across this modpack when Generikb was playing it. Trouble is, at the time I was already hooked on Feed The Beast (still am) and didn't take overly much notice. I ended up forgetting about TFC and rediscovered it a few months ago.

The reason why I'm addicted to this now as well is because of a couple of reasons:

• Vanilla Minecraft is a game designed with 13 year old kids in mind, and while the game is fairly difficult when you first play it, surviving the first night becomes so damn easy. You can almost jump into caves and get diamonds on the first day in the game. Terrafirmacraft is Minecraft survival for adults and involves plenty of thinking and planning.
  • First time I played TFC I expected a bit of a crappy, crashy modpack, and while it does crash every now and again it's pretty solid and well thought-out. It's so different to vanilla to the point where you can't even compare the two games.
  • Finding ore veins is so much more realistic, I was surprised first time in the game how you look into a ravine and there's absolutely no ores in sight. It requires skill to find ore veins, but once you do, you're literally carrying multiple loads of ore back to the house.
  • Surviving the first night used to be the most exciting part of vanilla Minecraft, after that it's easy to become immortal and lose interest in the map. Terrafirmacraft is all about having fun surviving with the bare essentials for days if not weeks of real-time gameplay. Some people whine about not having diamond armor or effective weapons, but where's the fun in being immortal and safe from all the threats?
  • There's no enchanting which is a great thing in terms of realism. Real men wield swords, not wands!
  • The realism of falling dirt and rocks presents a new challenge in terms of building. And strip mining becomes impossible as well. Even branch mining becomes a hazard, and it makes you stop and think about adding bracing support to hold up the roof.
  • The added option for using many different types of wooden planks, doors made of many different types of wood and thatching for roofs all that gives that extra level of customisation in building.

I could add more but those are the ones I know of just off the top of my head for now.

I love the sense of progression and a real challenge to get things moving, and the fact that a lot of things have to come together to achieve success. I love the microblocks and the building options. I do not like how hard it is to GET those building options even late game, but that's the price I pay for the first two reasons I love it.

The rapid pace of updates... ^_^

oh you XD

love how its based more on multilayer survival because it makes for some interesting situations. I remember on some server i was in a town of 5 i think and when some guy came on that wanted to raid we all created a defense pact against him :D fun times

I like the sense of reward that comes with the difficulty. Cracked a big smile after finding my first vein of ore (went through a pick and a half looking for it). Such a departure from vanilla in the sense of accomplishment. 

Finding my first cave held the perfect amount of shock and awe. It was a huge cathedral style room that twisted into the darkness. 

I'm not a huge RP'er but there was something that felt right about cowering in my first scraped out hole with a spear and a little fire, hoping to get through the rainy night. It just made sense. 

I haven't played TFC for several months now, but I'm checking this forum everyday for b78 news. Thumbs up to the devs & community!