Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
guitarehero14

Very small food suggestion

11 posts in this topic

In vanilla minecraft you can squish a bunch of wheat together to make... more wheat in one bundle!

In TFC... hardtack recipe without salt? Here's my VERY small suggestion, hear me out.

Let's keep the current bread recipe, but instead of water and flour, you can add some salt (ground-up salt rocks, probably) in there and make some biscuits to cook up. You'll make let's say around 4 or 6 biskies, and when they're all eaten they offer some less hunger saturation than a full bread loaf. 

So now, to make some actual bread, you need yeast of some kind. But this is where it confuses me-- where would you get yeast? It's some kind of fungi thing... I think this would add a bit more fun and believeability to the game! What do you guys think?

EDIT: I realize that this would decrease the balance and increase the general difficulty of the game... so maybe just remove the salt but keep the yeast recipe?

According to good ol' Wikipedia, it is speculated the the Egyptians first discovered yeast when, "a mixture of flour meal and water was left longer than usual on a warm day and the yeasts that occur in natural contaminants of the flour caused it to ferment before baking. The resulting bread would have been lighter and tastier than the previous hard flatbreads."

So maybe if we just left some dough out in the sun for a day, and it becomes Fermented Dough?

Please, Water+Wheat Flour is Damper. I remember having to make some in grade 5 school camp... Some people put a banana in their damper. (I put chocolate ;))

As Da_Hobo suggested. Fermating your dough to make traditional bread seems reasonable in-game. It is wholely unnecessary though. There would need to be incentive for the modders to program it. And players to even do it.

So! Depending on how B78 and food changes come about, I propose:

The current bread formula produce Damper (and magic game forms of Rice-Damp, Barley-Damper, etc). A crappy food by game standards.

Then to actually make bread you must ferment it as Hobo suggested. Then it takes a long time to cook/heat up. Thus bread takes time/work to acquire, but is better usage of your resources.

If there was a food overhaul or for some other reason we had an Oven. Then there would be a tech/resource requirement to make bread. Rather than a time-spank on the player who just wants some toast.

I like the idea.  I have a stone oven and make Irish Soda Bread with it.  Don't even need yeast.  ^_^  But a stone oven should be pretty easy to create - could even use fired clay.

So maybe if we just left some dough out in the sun for a day, and it becomes Fermented Dough?

put water and flour(wheat) in a barrel, seal it, and leave it, and there, yeast.

Thing is, Damper isnt a crappy food. It's delicious is its done right, in coals and stuff. Real tasty stuff, and filling, and not even hard to eat. The only reason regular bread is better is because of quantity- you can make more bread out of the same amount of dough because it rises- and effort- damper is hard to mass produce. 

So what if both bread had the same fullness, but without yeast it gives one dough, and with yeast, it gives 2/3?

Thing is, Damper isnt a crappy food. It's delicious is its done right, in coals and stuff. Real tasty stuff, and filling, and not even hard to eat. The only reason regular bread is better is because of quantity- you can make more bread out of the same amount of dough because it rises- and effort- damper is hard to mass produce. 

You're right. Damper isn't crappy. Damper does produce less per unit of material.Hence damper should be crappy in game. Providing less neutrition  than bread, since you used the same ammount of materials to make bread with none of the effort.Though I wouldn't say damper is hard to mass produce. It's just that no one has industrialized damper production. :P

I guess it's harder to digest, but since Dunk and Bioxx wanna keep disgusting things out, I don't think poop will be much of a worry.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0