Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kittychanley

[TFC 0.79.23+] Inventory Tweaks - Config Compatibility

38 posts in this topic

They're two completely separate files that edit completely different things in the game. The xml is only so that you can sort while you are using TFC containers like chests, barrels, vessels, etc.

The information in the spoiler deals with a completely different, non-xml config file. It shows the difference of how slots are mapped when TFC is installed, and tries to give an explanation to the weird behavior. It is not a fix for the behavior, it is an explanation of what exactly is happening, and how you need to adjust your rules and settings to best accommodate for the different behavior.

There is no quick-fix file to download for the sorting your personal player inventory, you need to take a look at the information that is given there, and adjust your settings as needed for what you want to happen.

They're two completely separate files that edit completely different things in the game. The xml is only so that you can sort while you are using TFC containers like chests, barrels, vessels, etc.

The information in the spoiler deals with a completely different, non-xml config file. It shows the difference of how slots are mapped when TFC is installed, and tries to give an explanation to the weird behavior. It is not a fix for the behavior, it is an explanation of what exactly is happening, and how you need to adjust your rules and settings to best accommodate for the different behavior.

There is no quick-fix file to download for the sorting your personal player inventory, you need to take a look at the information that is given there, and adjust your settings as needed for what you want to happen.

yea, i did do the edits in the diff files, just worded it bad. i thought the setup from OP was preconfigured to somewhat work, guess ill have to look it over at some point

I've done a bit of messing around with the InvTweaksRules.txt config file to help you understand the current issue with sorting the actual player inventory. This still won't fix the auto-refill of items going to the wrong slot, but it is at least a solution for actually pressing the button to sort. It should also be noted that there is no reason to turn on "Repair-friendly Refill" since the majority of TFC items and tools cannot be repaired by crafting them together.

So, when you first load the config file, you'll see a diagram mapping the different slots that looks like this:

# INVENTORY GRID#     1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9# A [A1][A2][A3][A4][A5][A6][A7][A8][A9]# B [B1][B2][B3][B4][B5][B6][B7][B8][B9]# C [C1][C2][C3][C4][C5][C6][C7][C8][C9]#  # D [D1][D2][D3][D4][D5][D6][D7][D8][D9]

While playing TFC 0.78.+, the actual mapping of the slots is this:

# INVENTORY SLOTS#   4   5   6   7   8   9   1   2   3# [XX][XX][XX][XX][XX][XX][A1][A2][A3]# [A4][A5][A6][A7][A8][A9][B1][B2][B3]# [B4][B2][B6][B7][B8][B9][C1][C2][C3]#  # [C4][C5][C6][C7][C8][C9][D1][D2][D3]# 3x3 CRAFTING GRID# [XX][XX][D6]# [XX][XX][D7]# [D4][D5][D8]

[XX] represents slots that cannot have any rules assigned to them, and therefore any items in those slots will not be affected by inventory sorting. This means items won't be taken out of those slots, and items will not be put in those slots, no matter what you do. 

It is important to note that slots D4 - D8 are the extra slots in the 3x3 crafting grid that are unlocked upon creation of a crafting table. While this can be handy to use for quick adding of items to the grid on inventory sort (like putting a knife in D7 and food in D8 for quick removal of decay), it is STRONGLY recommended that these slots are set to LOCKED to account for the fact that these slots are not accessible when the player only has a 2x2 crafting grid available. While these slots are greyed out, the actual location of the slot is extremely far off screen as a "dummy slot."

For Example: If the config file has been set to "D4 stick" and the player has crafted a crafting table, unlocking the entire 3x3 grid, pressing the sort button will put any sticks in the inventory into the bottom left corner of the crafting grid. However, if the player has not crafted a crafting table, or has died and has not yet crafted a new one, they have no way to access any items located in D4. If they press the sort button the sticks which would normally go to that slot in the first scenario would seem to disappear from the player's inventory. The only way to get back these "removed" items is to make a crafting table and sort the inventory again, or to change the config file so that the specific item sorts into a different, accessible slot.

You will also notice that D9 is missing. This is because the location of D9 is actually the quiver slot located on the player, which will only accept quivers. Because of this, D9 should always be set to LOCKED, unless you have added the quiver to the rule tree, or know the ID number of the quiver on your save. If any other item is assigned to this slot, it will simply sort into the first available open slot starting with A1.

For me personally, one of the biggest features of the sort that I like to use is the locking of the items in the hotbar, while sorting the rest of the inventory using the default settings. Prior to 78, this was simply done by using the setting D LOCKED. In order for this to work in 78.+, as well as using the aforementioned recommended settings for slots D4-D9, the settings should be set to

C4-C9 LOCKEDD LOCKED

This way the items in the hotbar will be locked into position while sorting, and there is no worry of there being any issues with the quiver slot, or the extra crafting grid slots. The only slots that will be affected when pressing the sort button is the last 3 of the top row, and the entirety of the middle and bottom row of the standard inventory.

One final thing to keep in mind is that the drawing of rectangles while setting rules will still select slots as if they are in the original, vanilla configuration. This means that a rule of B1-C4 will apply to these slots since they are the new locations of the slots contained in the rectangle drawn using the old layout:

# INVENTORY SLOTS#   4   5   6   7   8   9   1   2   3# [  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]# [  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][XX][XX][XX]# [XX][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][XX][XX][XX]#  # [XX][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]

While your favorite configuration might have to be altered slightly to account for the fact that the first 6 slots of the top row have to be sorted manually, I hope that this information will help at least somewhat to getting back to what you are used to when using Inventory Tweaks.

Are we able to change this to the layout you describe here, or is this just to show us have this works?

Are we able to change this to the layout you describe here, or is this just to show us have this works?

It's just to show how it works. You cannot change the layout.

Nevermind I thought I saw something that wasnt really there ... 

Thank you very much Kitty :D

OneWolfe-

Eh, I'll add a clause that you can include my xml file in modpacks anyways, it can't hurt. :P

Eh, I'll add a clause that you can include my xml file in modpacks anyways, it can't hurt. :P

Thanks Kitty, :D

Its really is no big deal, I thought it was a .jar file instead. FTB really dosnt check for those kinds of files.

With Inventory Tweaks 1.58 and TFC 79.24, the slot mapping actually appears to be what the InvTweaks rules file says it is. When I blocked C4-C9, for instance, the last six slots in my non-hotbar inventory didn't sort, while the first six did. Has anything changed with regards to how TFC interacts with Inventory Tweaks on the TFC end?

Also, does anyone have a InvTweaks item tree for TFC items? I'm making one myself right now and it's eye-crossingly tedious, so if someone's already done the work I would quite like to take advantage of it.

Edited by Lielac

The slot mapping is only weird for when you are looking only at your inventory (the screen you get when you press E). If you're in any other inventory like a chest or a ceramic vessel, or whatever, then it's the normal mapping.

Definitely in the E inventory. Also, as I related in IRC, everything's gone back to expected behavior. This was after I closed and reopened Minecraft.

I'm using this compatibility XML, but I'm not seeing the sort buttons on chests. BetterStorage chests (from TechNodefirmacraft) have the buttons, so I know the mod is working, but none of the TFC chests do.

So I managed to get it working, kinda, I mean atleast it tries to sort something.

How do I fix this, there are items it wont even move and places it wont even fill as you can see in the video.

Edited by Savanas
Updating information

I've also tried using this setup and am not getting any luck. I suspect that something with the inventory must have changed between 0.79.23 and 0.79.29.x

Otherwise, it should be working. Wish this thread/mod wasn't dead. I'd love to see this updated.

With the given InvTweaksCompatibility.xml I'm still not getting buttons on chests. As well, I don't know how to properly apply the

# INVENTORY GRID

settings and stuff. Do I copy/paste all 4 of those into the "GETTING STARTED" section of InvTweaksRules.txt? Or the "SETTINGS" section? If I put it in the SETTINGS section, do I erase the default (D LOCKED)? If I put it into the GETTING STARTED section, do I erase the # INVENTORY GRID it already has there?

As well, is the part of the post that says

C4-C9 LOCKEDD LOCKED

A typo, or is that seriously how it's supposed to be written?

I wish the instructions were even the tiniest bit more clear how to apply the rules given in the original post. :(

This sucks.