Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
kurzninja

[Offline] TFC Zombie Awareness Server (shut down)

16 posts in this topic

Posted Image
Server address: minecraftbsg.dyndns.org:25565
Specs: AMD FX-4100 quad-core 3.6GHz CPU, 8 gigs of RAM

NOW UPDATED TO TFC 0.78.11!

Hi all! I've started up a new server I'm calling the TFC Zombie Awareness Server. I've got TFC, Extrafirma, and most importantly, Zombie Awareness Mod running, as well as a few other little extras. It seems like a lot to put together, so I've made a convenient download list below.

I'm looking for players who are interested in living and working together rather than everyone running off to play alone. I can do that on SSP if I wanted that. The server is NOT whitelisted as I don't expect the TFC community to be full of a bunch of griefer a-holes. I already have a few nice folks playing sporadically but I'd like to get some more people on. We already have a small starter village going for now, but we haven't moved up very high on the metal tree yet purposely. If we get enough people playing, I'd also consider a dedicated hosting option as well. 

Right now the server is running the following mods (and whatever dependencies they require):

• [*]
Forge 9.11.1.965 (for 1.6.4) [*]Terrafirmacraft b0.78.11 (for 1.6.4) [*]Extrafirma (not compatible at this time, link removed) [*]Leather Water Sack [*]Smart Moving 14.5 (for 1.6.4) [*]Player API core 1.2 (for 1.6.4) (required for Smart Moving) [*]Splitting Wedge (not compatible at this time, link removed) [*]Zombie Awareness (for 1.6.4) [*]CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.9 (for 1.6.4) [*]NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.9 (for 1.6.4)

- Installation Instructions -

Follow the

instructions on the TFC wiki for installing Forge and TFC as usual. 

To install Zombie Awareness, open up the zip you've downloaded. Inside is a folder that contains another folder. Inside that "mods" folder, you will find 3 more zip files. These zips are the actual mods you need. Copy those zips into your TFC installation's "/mods" folder.

To install Smart Moving, open the zip that you downloaded from the link above. Inside are two more zips for different versions of Smart Moving. Copy the "Smart Moving Universal for Modloader or Minecraft Forge or MCPC+.zip" to your TFC installation's "/mods" folder.

To install Player API, open the zip you downloaded from the link above. Inside is "PlayerAPI.jar". Copy this .jar file into your TFC installation's "/mods" folder.

For all the other mods, simply copy the .jar or .zip you downloaded into your TFC installation's "/mods" folder.

I also recommend you install your map of choice (personally, I like Zan's Minimap). I'm also open to suggestions for any other mods that you think would add to the game.

You can contact me on Skype (kurzninja) with questions, to let me know that the server has crashed (I can usually restart it within a minute or two), or to let me know you've joined up if I'm not logged on. Let's work together to fight off the zombie horde and make a great place to live.

I've noticed quite a few people attempting to sign on since I posted this a few days ago, but never actually being able to log on. Can someone tell me what kind of problem they had?

I am getting a lot of people attempting to sign on but getting rejected with the message "The server requires mods that are absent or out of date on your client". I have checked the server's mods and compared them to the list of links above and they all seem to match up. Can someone who has tried logging in please let me know which mod(s) it is saying are incorrect and what versions you are trying?

At first I was told that the server required;

"CoroAI : v1.0

ConfigMod : v1.0"

Turns out the Zombie AI mod was 3 mods that needed to be extracted. Then It told me I needed Zombie AI 1.9. The download you provided was for 1.91 and changing the mod version in it's main class file caused an entity tick nullpointer exception-ish. After a lot of searching I managed to guess the download link for the proper version;

http://coros.us/mods/modsystem/dl.php?name=zombieawareness+v1.9+for+MC+v1.6.4.zip

But when I got online There were about a 10 second lag from breaking blocks and such and I was getting murdered by invisible mobs. :(

To be fair, my instructions underneath the download list do say you have to extract the other zips within the "mods" folder inside the ZA zip. 

Apparently the ZA author has updated since I started the server, hence the version difference. Thanks for the heads up, I've updated the original post with the correct download link now. :)

I don't know why you are getting such horrible lag like that, I haven't had anyone else complain about lag yet. Especially if you're the only person on and I wasn't at my computer all day so it was literally sitting idle except for the server running. Feel free to give it another shot and let me know what happens. I'm logging on right now.

Herpderp, that's what I get for not reading everything :P

Oh, and the player API needs to be extracted aswell, seems not having player API + Smart moving properly installed was what was causing the lag.

We have map reset and updated to b0.78.3. Fresh new map for everyone to start on! Let's get on it! :D

well i enterd the server and it was fine but i live so far that i lag 2 much and i walked like 100000000000000 blocs and not even 1 tree :(

Yeah, I've walked pretty damn far and only come across a handful of trees. I haven't seen anyone else build anything yet besides myself, so I may redo the world with a new seed. This one kind of sucks. :

Also, I myself am getting a lot of lag on my own machine so something doesn't appear to be behaving properly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

well i have some recomendations if i can :)

1st zombie awarness lags and zombies are supost to be stupid

2nd smart moving is cool for swim but for jump is awfull

3rd Nei is uselees i still see the recipes on the wiki

4th i think the server would lave less with the 5 mods above said p.s yes 5 mods cuz smart moving takes 2 mods and nei takes 2 mods 2 :)

or if u dont agree u can just take off zombie awarness and NEI cuz smar moving makes it reallistic-ish

sry for bad english

I could take off Zombie Awareness, but that would, uh, remove the whole theme of the server. NEI, granted probably could be removed no problem. Smart Moving, however, is pretty much a given on most TFC servers.

Updating to b0.78.6 to fix food decay and other issues.

NEI server-side is completely unessecary, as far as i know.  should prolly take it off the server and just let people put it on their client if they want

EDIT:  also you don't have to use smartmoving if its installed on the server; putting it on the server just means if the client has it installed it'll work

Due to learning that the TFC mods have already incorporated most of the Zombie Awareness mod into the latest builds, as well as lack of interest and player retention and Dyn.com ending their free hostname service, I will no longer be hosting this server for the time being. 

If anyone is still interested in playing with me, I suggest the Badwolves server that is also advertised here. Good peoples there.