Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terex

Some companion mods suggestions

28 posts in this topic

Thanks to compatibility with MC 1.6.4, there are a ton of mods out there that can be used in conjunction with TFCb78. Here i suggest only aesthetic mods that do not affect gameplay. Sorry, no links. Just google them.

Animated player

Dynamic lights

Shaders mod (Chocapic13' shaders, derived from SonicEther v10)

Better grass and leaves mod

Optifine (Standard)

Inventory tweaks

Mapwriter

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great list.  I just wish I had a computer capable of running them.

Wish better grass was working though...

Wow, i just tested the Carpenters blocks mod and works with TFC wood planks! How cool is that? We can build sloped roofs and all that jazz with TFC block textures. Not sure if the tools can be crafted but i think so once you get iron ingots a long way into the game.

Btw. I can only run the lowest quality of Chocapic13' shaders at 30 fps (720p) on my 2.5 year old Dell XPS laptop. It's already very satisfying. 

Wish better grass was working though...

Hey, I got the better grass to work!  But I can't get it to read my better_Blah Leaves Fancy.png files... anyone have luck with this?

Wow, i just tested the Carpenters blocks mod and works with TFC wood planks! How cool is that? We can build sloped roofs and all that jazz with TFC block textures. Not sure if the tools can be crafted but i think so once you get iron ingots a long way into the game.

Btw. I can only run the lowest quality of Chocapic13' shaders at 30 fps (720p) on my 2.5 year old Dell XPS laptop. It's already very satisfying. 

Did you use the TFC compatibility mod for carpenter's blocks?  

I just have an i3 integrated graphics laptop.  It can run shaders at about 2 frames per minute.

There is a compatibility mod? heh cool didn't even know that! I didn't get as far as making the tools so the compatibility mod may still be useful if it works (since it is based on MC1.6.2). Did you try carpenter's mod already yourself?

Yeah, it was on a server I used to play on (back in B77).  The recipes themselves aren't really needed if you use custom NPCs, but he also adds stuff like replacing vanilla seeds with cut grass to add the grass texture.

The mod hasn't been updated though, so I have no idea if it still works.

Inventory Tweaks crashed my game. Version compatibility all checked out. Build 78.3.

Inventory Tweaks crashed my game. Version compatibility all checked out. Build 78.3.

Did you try Kitty's fix?

No - I will try it tonight. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

TT

yay, got better leaves on the fruit trees

Edit: ugh, won't display flowers though... :(

How are you making this work? The custom grass and extra leaves on fruit trees?

I tested the compatibility mod for carpenter's but it does no longer work (crashes MC).

Shoot, I was hoping it would still work :(

for the BG&L stuff, go into the config file, and in the second category in general, after the S:, change "better-grass:2," to "better-grass:2;2088;2089;2090;2091;2093," this adds better grass on grass, clay, and peat, but not on dry grass. (you can add dry grass yourself, but I don't know the block ID offhand)

I don't know if it's an incompatibility, or just my crappy computer, but when I did this it crashed when I had walked on the grass if the grass fx was turned on, so I turned it off.

for the fruit trees, in the same section, change the better-leaves part to read "better-leaves:18;2107;2108,"

then add all the leaves to the whitelist, just paste this in after the "=" sign:

terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Acacia Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Ash Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Aspen Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Birch Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Chestnut Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Douglas Fir Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Hickory Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Kapok Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Maple Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Oak Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Pine Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Sequoia Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Spruce Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Sycamore Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/White Cedar Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/White Elm Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Willow Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Acacia Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Ash Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Aspen Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Birch Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Chestnut Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Douglas Fir Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Hickory Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Kapok Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Maple Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Oak Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Pine Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Sequoia Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Spruce Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Sycamore Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/White Cedar Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/White Elm Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/trees/Willow Leaves Fancy, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Banana Dead Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Banana Dead Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Banana Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Banana Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Cherry Dead Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Cherry Dead Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Cherry Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Cherry Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Green Apple Dead Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Green Apple Dead Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Green Apple Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Green Apple Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Lemon Dead Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Lemon Dead Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Lemon Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Lemon Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Olive Dead Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Olive Dead Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Olive Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Olive Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Orange Dead Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Orange Dead Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Orange Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Orange Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Peach Dead Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Peach Dead Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Peach Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Peach Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Plum Dead Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Plum Dead Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Plum Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Plum Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Red Apple Dead Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Red Apple Dead Leaves, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Red Apple Leaves Opaque, terrafirmacraft:wood/fruit trees/Red Apple Leaves

Thanks mate! Those changes worked for me :) And i too needed to disable grass fx to avoid crashing MC. But since the shaders mod is also moving the grass, i see no difference. 

Great, I'm glad it worked :)

Just to be clear though, you won't be able to see the fruit trees blooming or the fruit on them, so you might not want to use that part...

Hey, I got the better grass to work!  But I can't get it to read my better_Blah Leaves Fancy.png files... anyone have luck with this?

I did it at one point, don't remember having any problems with it. Maybe I will try again and see what comes of it.

I did it at one point, don't remember having any problems with it. Maybe I will try again and see what comes of it.

er, you got it to read your custom better_leaves file?  I can get it to work for vanilla leaves, but it just ignores custom TFC better_leaves.  If you can figure this out I'll be soooooo happy; been working on it for a few weeks now.   :(

Yes, I upscaled and properly-ish trimmed original textures, put 'em in the same folder with original and it worked. If you really want, I retrace this today once I get home from work.

I so very much want you to try and tell me how...

It anyone is interested, I also got better coral, footprints, and algae/reeds working.  In the config file, change the respective addRendererTo fields to:

better-seaweed:3;2084;2085,better-corals:1;2073;2077;2081;12;2109;2110,better-footprints:12;2109;2110;13;78;88,

Thanks mate!

In other news, b78.10 is now incompatible with Optifine. Seems some major world rendering changes in the latest version of TFC, causes TFC to crash with Optifine.

Thanks mate!

In other news, b78.10 is now incompatible with Optifine. Seems some major world rendering changes in the latest version of TFC, causes TFC to crash with Optifine.

That sucks...  Guess I won't be updating yet.  I need optifine for FPS and connected textures.

Edit: oh, just need to roll back to Optifine HD C6.

Here's a full-ish config for better grass and leaves, incorporating Tsuarok's corals and seaweed cfg.

As it turns out, conventional way does not support textures for some reason, so compatibility needs to be forced in whitelist, which I did.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95319083/BetterGrassAndLeavesModConfig.rar

Textures are to be placed in TFC jar where original variants are. Still require some tweaking to look properly though.

Does not include acacia yet, because I didn't update the files since it was added.

Here's how it should look like

Posted Image

I would probably use the antique atlas mod over any of the mini-map mods for a more believable experience. Also I would suggest the Localized Weather and Storm Fronts mod by Coros, not sure if it messes with any of the functionality of TerraFirmaCraft, I don't think it does, but having more realistic weather is pretty neat either way.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0