Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Roadie

[Solved] Stone Anvil eating double ingots on combine

21 posts in this topic

Hotfix #: 78.3

Suggested Name:Double copper ingots on stone anvil disappearing

Suggested Category: Severe

Description:Succseffuly made 3 copper double ingots on the stone anvil "granite". Then after that on the wield combine they would disappear. Had a friend try who was on the server and same result. We made another and still same result.

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Both on different comps and locations. This is on a server. "insaneJ's" http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/5313-mcpc-player-inventory-does-not-update-after-death/  Reported to J also.

Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report:

I'm confused. Did this happen when you were making a double ingot by welding two ingots together? Or were you trying to weld two double ingots together? You can't weld double ingots together, you work them into sheets and weld the double sheets together.

If it happened when you were trying to make the double ingot, and were welding two single ingots, it is likely that it just made an invisible item. Click on the output slot as if you were taking an item out, and it should appear.

If it happened when you were welding two double ingots together (try to make a quad ingot or something?), then that is a different bug entirely because the anvil shouldn't allow welding them anyways.

They were single ingots into a double ingot. At first I thought it was the invisible issue and I also logged in and out to see if they would render back but no avail. 

Don't log in and out. Invisible items are deleted when you restart your instance. Always click on the slot to check if it is there.

I tried using different raw stones and still got the same effect. Also tried breaking one to see if it would come out with the flux, hammer and double ingot but just the flux and hammer came back.

I will try tomorrow if it works again after the server resets because we did get three successful double ingots then the anvils got hungry. We did have flux in the right slot as well with a stone hammer.

That is all I can provide with the info I have atm unless you have a question on something I missed to check. 

Let me rephrase. The invisible double ingot is a ghost item. The ONLY way for you to get it is to immediately take it out of the slot. Any other way of "updating" the inventory (logging out, breaking the anvil, etc) will delete the ghost item.

The issue causing the ghost item to happen in the first place is probably a client/server sync issue.

The reply time is just fantastic tonight, thank you Kitty.  :)

It doesn't come out like the invisible knives did in 77.10. It is just gone.  I'm just trying every angel no narrow the possibility's. I'll link this topic to our admin so he cans see what he can do on his side.

I'm having this same issue, cept not just with stone. Myself and friends are playing on a private server and we had just gotten to copper. So I went ahead and made a stone anvil [from Diorite] and tried to weld 2 copper ingots, with flux, using a copper hammer in the proper temperature range, and BAM, double ingot gone. So, since we have a server and not just a SMP we started testing things. If you try and weld below proper temp, both ingots poof as well [does not consume flux, but both ingots vanish]. So what's next? We spawned in a copper anvil to see if it was just stone, and nope, same issue. When forge welding both ingots and double ingot vanish. 

AKA this is a game breaking and progression breaking bug in version 0.78.3 as you can not move past the copper age due to double ingots vanishing upon forge weld.

[edit] When trying to retrieve a 'ghost ingot' as stated earlier, shift-clicking and click-dragging from both the original ingot slots and the weld slot in the anvil GUI yield no result. Having 2 people watch the process yield the same 'vanish of ingots' as solo, breaking anvil after forge weld yields only hammer and flux, not ingots [welded or not.]

It might be worth mentioning that the server Roadie's been playing on is running mcpc-plus-1.6.4-R2.1-forge965-B251

@SunsetSpecter, what kind of server were you guys playing on? Regular Forge or MCPC+?

I've encountered this bug as well while establishing a TFC server using only the latest Forge build and TFC b78.3. I made a video showing what the bug is and how it works. So far this bug appears after 3 successful double ingots and starts at the 4th and up. I used a copper anvil as example to show this is not happening only on stone as stated above. Also I kinda got lucky with that one since not all "invisible double ingots" can be picked as I did.

http://youtu.be/EbKq7wkm0NY

I noticed that the two ingots were a bit cooler than the previous ones when you made the bugged double ingot. Will try testing to see if I can reproduce it with ingots that are higher within the weldable temperature. Bright Red *** to Orange ***

I would also like to point out that I was also able to make 3 double ingots, then every one past the 4th vanished.

The ingots welded were all in the Orange* - Orange *** range.

Okay [benefits of having multiple people whom host servers]

I originally ran into the bug of vanishing welded ingots on a server which was running MCPC+ TFC 0.78.3 as stated before, however we [the group I play with] have tested the following on a "vanilla" forge server running TFC 0.78.3 as well.

After three successful double copper ingots, the forth still vanishes on both a stone anvil [this time granite] and a copper anvil. You can retrieve the "lost" ingot by 'click-dragging' the vanished ingot from the 'weld' slot to inv. then relogging. 

THIS IS STILL A BUG, a player should not have to deal with this being an issue [and trust me I have 2 more bug reports coming on other issues, but this is the one which should be addressed first as it is game breaking and progression breaking.]

Then to spice things up, we started trying to forge weld other ingots of a higher tier [which would be impossible to get/do in the current build, but hey, testing] 

Bronze ingots vanish as well on the 4th weld, as does pig iron. 

Note: this bug is happening on SMP servers running 'vanilla forge' and MCPC+, so that's not the issue.

I can confirm that this bug is persisting on the latest build: 0.78.5. I tested again on a "vanilla forge" server with this build installed and after 3 successful double ingots it happens once again. I tried it with all temperature ranges from Bright Red*** to Orange*** with several patterns. For example:

• Bright Red*** with Orange
  • Bright Red*** with Orange*
  • Orange with Orange***
  • Bright Red**** with Orange**
  • Orange** with Orange**
  • and so on...

Same result with every try after the last successful ingot.

I'm starting to wonder if this is the same bug a few people had when working a 400% bloom and having the 4th wrought iron ingot be buggy.

Okay... now it's hotfix 0.78.5 and the bug is still there. Copper anvil eating double ingots of bronze. Temp ranges from Bright Red to Bright Red***

This is nothing like the bloomery bug [granted I'm not a programmer] in that everyone on the server is having very predicable and calculable results. After every 3rd double ingot, there will not be any more double ingots allowed to be created server wide for anyone until the backend is shut down and the server restarted. It does not matter what metal, temperature range, anvil, hammer, or player. Once there are 3 double ingots on the server, every other attempt fails and the original ingots vanish. 

I tested this in single player to see if it was just our server. The first 2 or 3 ingots combine. Eveything after that turned into a ghost item. They could be picked up, at which point they would appear, then be placed in the player inventory and vanish instantly. Double ingots could still be moved, but not interacted with further. After a save and quit, then restarting the world, only the last double ingot made after the dissapearing started would be in my inventory.The only thing I have besides forge and TFC b78.5 is the latest version of optifine for 1.6.4.It seems like this bug desyncs the ingots from the server so they cant be recovered at all. Resolving this issue may fix smithing desync issues.Also I found that boats often desynced, ejecting me ~40 blocks behind where I was when I "dismounted". However this is likely a server issue and I have not posted about it yet.

The boats desycning is a long standing vanilla bug and has nothing to do with TFC.

As for the anvil bug, please attempt the following tasks and report back with your results:

• Create 4 double ingots making sure you only ever use click & drag to move the items.
  • Create 4 double ingots making sure you only ever use shift clicking to move the items.
  • Create 3 double ingots, then try making something else: a tool, weapon, or a double ingot of a different metal (please specify which you chose), before making the 4th double ingot.
  • Create 4 of a different item back to back in the same way you would make 4 double ingots in a row (please specify which item you made 4 of).

Problem with what you are asking is that you can't 'work' or 'create' a new tool/object on low tier metals. If no one gets to it before tomorrow I'll creative mode 'god' myself in some and test those things, but it's late, and I have EVE things to do.

Bioxx thinks he's found the solution and fixed it for 78.6 anyways.