Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Guest sa13103

[Added] Colored pots

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like and want colored vessels?

• I absolutely love it
    • It's a good idea, but it can wait
    • Nah, not needed
  2. 2. How many colors?

• one is enough
    • 16 is enough, for every dye
    • I want all colors in the world, like with leather armor
  3. 3. How about different patterns and ornaments?

• I want simple patterns
    • I want colored patterns
    • I'm okay with plain color
    • I want layered colored patterns, like in banners in vanilla

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

just got back into playing TFC and am planning to gather the rest of my minecraft junkie friends to join me on a server, i honestly love the new ceramic vessels, though one thing i would greatly like to see would be the use of combining dyes and pottery, this would make color coding pots a possibility , while i love the pottery, it dose make it a bit tedious trying to remember what is in all the pots, i personally like to carry around a couple dedicated pots as well as a few empty to simply act as a back pack of sorts. it would be nice to have, say, a red pot that i keep all my tool heads and a stack of sticks in, and a green pot that i keep the food in. 

as far as overall implementation of how to color the pots, you could simply combine the dye with the unfired pot sort of acting like how you would paint pottery now. 

i searched for quite a while but did not turn up any other topics that matched, forgive me dunk and kitty im not all that great at searching forums. 

Definitely, I love this idea! But maybe it should be done in the actual firing stage by 'glazing' the pot by putting dye in during the pit kiln part? I'm not exactly a pottery expert.

Vessels are nice, but they are less usable than chests. And you actually get chests much sooner than most dyes. But this would be awesome if Bioxx nerfed chests in some way.

Hmmm, but even one or two dyes is enough to start a very basic colour coding system.

true on the dye part, i haven't actually tried to acquire dye yet lol, but even later on from what i have read, correct me if im wrong, but you can actually place pots in chests essentially quadrupling storage capacity, 

Yeah. But it is much easier to build more chests than go through the hassle of picking the vessel, opening the vessel, getting the item and returning the vessel.

I don't understand. How does color coding have to do with picking stuff from chest vs vessel? Also, you can tell what is in vessel by mousing over in chest, if thats what you mean.

Love it. I would use the heck out of this if it were implemented.

I have a bad memory for the most part, so I like to organize things. Color coding ceramic vessels would make inventory management a lot easier for me. And also storage of items outside of the inventory, potentially. And frankly it would just look nice.

Vessels are nice, but they are less usable than chests. And you actually get chests much sooner than most dyes. But this would be awesome if Bioxx nerfed chests in some way.

But they quadruple any inventory.

I have a double chest full of dirt, and stone, but with vessels, I can turn it into a simple 1/2 a chest.

And dyeing vessels would be nice.

I'm kinda sick of mousing over every vessel in a double chest to find the one I want

ya this would be awesome :D

we already have access to some of the dyes early on, black,white,red and yellow. and you can make a few more colors with those as well

we already have access to some of the dyes early on, black,white,red and yellow. and you can make a few more colors with those as well

Actually, the only dye you have access to in the stone age is black. The vanilla recipes for bonemeal, rose red and dandelion yellow are disabled by default. You'll need a quern to grind those bones for white dye, and you actually have to grind hematite, malachite, lapis, and limonite for red, green, blue and yellow.

Maybe one more dye should be available early on. Maybe make brown dye from dirt? Not really a colour a lot of people use and one of the worst colours in general, but useful for colour coding and such.

But they quadruple any inventory.

I have a double chest full of dirt, and stone, but with vessels, I can turn it into a simple 1/2 a chest.

Of course, but they increase effort needed to manipulate the items inside. Read what I said above. And why you have chest full of dirt and rock is beyond me. I just throw that away.

And dyeing vessels would be nice.

I'm kinda sick of mousing over every vessel in a double chest to find the one I want

That might sound usable, but don't forget you have to remember what each color means? And it will be especially problematic when you start using same color for different things in different contexts. So in the end it will be "What was Red color again?" *mouses over the vessel* "Oh, right, rocks".

Actually, the only dye you have access to in the stone age is black.

And even that became harder to get thanks to squids only spawning in salt water.

Also, I assume people in this thread never heard of signs.

Perhaps a pale red (pink) and pale yellow dye made from the flowers that spawn? They don't need to be attractive, just available.

That might sound usable, but don't forget you have to remember what each color means?

Um, you do realize it's a LOT easier to memorize colors than the exact position of the vessels, right?

Plus, even if I use the same color for many things, say green for crops, I'll still know what color I have to look for, and I won't have to look over every pot, which will still make my jobs easier

Why does the dyed system available so later in the game?? Does grinding minerals supposed to be that much rewarding?

I think it's probably intended to open up decorating and building possibilities later in the game. On that note, hmmm, cave paintings...

Please add a simple ability to dye ceramic vessels, similar to leather armor.

This will help to manage inventory easier.

I always carry 3 vessels with me - with food, with small rarely used tools, with wooden stuff (ladders, sticks, signs, plank blocks). Despite all my attempts to place them in the inventory predictably, they often got messed and I have to see where is the one i need now by mouse tooltip. Add to that several empty vessels ...

So it would be nice to have e.g. green for food, red for tools, yellow for woodish, etc. Even recoloring (tinting) is not required in the initial version, 5 basic colors will be enough.

The idea could be expanded in future: 1. recoloring to get tints 2. real painting with small dots, to draw ornaments, text ...

Sorry if duplicate, I had checked both directories and searched forum first.

Edited by Kittychanley
Duplicate suggestion, merged into older existing one.

I think this is a very neat idea. I hope it's not a huge hassle to implement...

dyes in tfc are mineral based, so i hope you're aware of that. I dont really see a problem with this per se.

I second that request, although I would prefer to have leather bags for the role of inventory management, which is dependant on having a third part mod compatible with TFC leather or have TFC itself implementing leather bags.

I think this would be an interesting addition, especially if the process is similar to that of painting or glazing ceramic, perhaps by adding water and having to add color before firing.

Proposed solution:

clay Vessel/Jug + dye = colored clay Vessel/Jug

Fire up and be done :)

This is a really small suggestion that, i think, would be very welcome.

I am suggesting a simple recipe - add tint to the clay vessels. It's two recipes:

[clay vessel] + [dye] = [colored clay vessel]

and

[colored clay vessel] + [bucket of water] = [clay vessel] + [empty bucket]

I've searched forums and couldn't find any similar topics, if they exist, please kindly give me a link.

Thanks.

Edited by Kittychanley
Duplicate Suggestion. Merged into older one.