Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
bryreichle

creation of mud brick as an early building material

6 posts in this topic

I believe that the addition of mud brick as a early building material would be a great addition to this game.

By crafting dirt, clay and straw together and firing it in a kilm or something to that degree.

I believe mud brick would add I bit more realizam to the game and giving the player more options to building materials early on in the game. Maybe even add a erosion chance to the bricks during a rain storm.

What does everyone think?

First. That has been suggested dozen of times.

Second. Extra Firma Addon has this. It just isn't updated for 78.

I like it.  But not the erosion part; I don't want more things having to update (or having to rebuild).  Besides, that's pretty much how you make normal bricks, which don't erode very quickly.

Even though Extrafirma has it, I do think it should be an option for standard TFC. Right now pretty much only straw is a viable house material early game, I think it'd be nice to add this for some variety. As a plus, since it requires straw already, it won't make it easier to get shelter, just allow players who like building to put some more effort in to get some more varied materials early on. 

Well, it saves clay and straw, so I think it would be good.

Anyways, it's not really mud, but adobe, so I'd say it's pretty hardy and non-eroding.

actualy, if you simply make a block and leave it out to dry, that is the kind of mud bricks used (even today) in some parts of the world.

i havent had a chance to play with ExtraFirma (problems, meh) so i do not know how the Adobe works or looks, but i still champion the inlcusion of mud bricks, and the other form of basic walls....Wattle and Daube... into vanilla TFC.

i realy want to move from the stone age to the bronze age and live in my little mud hut, with my wattle fences. then move up to iron age and hav a nice roundhouse with thatch roof and watttle n daube walls (still with a wattel fence :P)

(especialy since they need no special tools, dont need to be baked in a fire pit or furnace and could be just stacked outside to dry)