Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zykestheone

TFC Launcher

8 posts in this topic

Is There a launcher for Tfc I know there was one before but now its gone so if the developers are reading this please bring back the launcher because I can not mod my Minecraft it just crashes and how much tutorials i watch It doesn't  work (probably outdated) But i would love a launcher and other people will too. 

I would suggest not to advertise tekkid pack as they did not revieced any approval from the developpers.

You should try Multi MC. The only need you need to play TFC is Forge and TFC, so there is no need for a "modpack"

There will not be a new launcher due to the extreme simplicity of how to install mods with the new vanilla launcher.

If you want a full up to date guide, you can find one on the wiki here:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/Installation

The short version, showing just how simple it is, is this:

• Backup anything in your .minecraft folder you want to keep (saves, resource packs, etc)
  • Delete your .minecraft folder
  • Run the vanilla launcher, opening the game on the version 1.6.4
  • Close the game
  • Run the forge installer for the correct version of forge
  • Run the vanilla launcher, opening the game using the forge profile
  • Close the game
  • Put TFC in the mods folder located in the .minecraft folder

That's seriously all there is to it. If you are still having issues, you are welcome to post your crash report here, or come visit us in IRC where we can walk you through it step by step to figure out what exactly you are doing wrong. There is a button on the top right corner labled "IRC PopUp" that you can use for easy access to IRC if you are not familiar with it.

-Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

Don't need to delete any folders. Just make a new profile and choose a folder of your liking. When you first launch your new profile, the launcher will install a new instance of MC in it.

For example, I have several MC folders sitting in AppData/roaming

.minecraft

.TFC

.skyblock

.Technic

.LitW

Each instance of MC is patched with forge. Each folder has its own resourcepacks, mods, screenshots, etc subfolders.

NOTE: In the profile settings for modded MC versions you might want to add some Java arguments to allocate more memory (see above).

But... why?

Because the majority of people who have a hard time installing mods are even more confused by the multiple profile system. It's much easier to tell them to back up what they want to save and just delete their entire .minecraft folder since that will be a fresh install and they don't have to worry about any other mods they had installed in the past as well as versions of forge that aren't compatible with the current install they wish to set up.

Is There a launcher for Tfc I know there was one before but now its gone so if the developers are reading this please bring back the launcher because I can not mod my Minecraft it just crashes and how much tutorials i watch It doesn't  work (probably outdated) But i would love a launcher and other people will too. 

I would suggest not to advertise tekkid pack as they did not revieced any approval from the developpers.

You should try Multi MC. The only need you need to play TFC is Forge and TFC, so there is no need for a "modpack"

He wasn't actually referring to the technic pack, or the technic launcher. I think he was referring to the launcher that Forkk created, that has since been taken down as no one is able to keep it updated with all the new logins, and all. Any way, besides that, as you stated, Multi mc 5 would be the best way to go. It easily allows you to install TFC (you don't need WinRAR or anything.. good on a school laptop) and it's really easily to add on the add-ons created for TFC. I think I currently have 10 or so different versions of TFC that I play on Multi mc 5. 

I use multiMC to play TFC too - it's easy to install the mods and I don't have to worry about backing up vanilla worlds + its easy to switch back and forth.