Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

62 posts in this topic

Wooden bowl are removed at the moment. Use ceramic bowls instead.

try something like this;

X X X X X

X X X X X       X= clay still there

O X X X O      O= clay removed

X O O O X

X X X X X

Well, I just upped to build 79...  I know the wiki is out of date, but is there anywhere else where there might be some crafting recipies up?  Even if just in text form?  

Bowls?  Either with a knife and a log or with three plank blocks?   Nope.  I've got food piling up.

Wool cloth to make a bed the old way?  Nope.  I need a loom.  At the moment my choices seem to be a) sit around every night waiting for sunrise, or b ) spend who knows how long trying every permutation of possible recipies for a loom and hope I guess right.  Neither one is appealing.

I like the new terrain generation and all; I just wish we'd gotten at least a hint at how to make this incredibly necessary stuff in the change log.

The changelog has been updated. If you want to see what all of the recipes are, links have been provided in the changelog for NEI and a TFC-specific NEI plugin for stuff like knapping and clay forming.

The changelog has been updated. If you want to see what all of the recipes are, links have been provided in the changelog for NEI and a TFC-specific NEI plugin for stuff like knapping and clay forming.

Unfortunately that website seems to be down.

Thanks for the latest build!!

I've seen mentions of the Sluice getting a graphical overhaul in the changelog, does this mean it's been re-enabled for use? or is this more in preparation for the next version to do the code rewrite for it?

Yeah, want more info about it too!

Yes the sluice was re-enabled in 79. The behavior is essentially the same as it used to be in prior versions (still prospects, more gems from sand vs gravel, etc.) with the key difference being that there is now a cap on how much "sluicing" can be done within a chunk, similar to the cap that is on gold pans.

thanks for the info. Do sluice and pan both use the same value, or can you sluice an area you've panned out?

thanks for the info. Do sluice and pan both use the same value, or can you sluice an area you've panned out?

They use the same value. However, the sluice has a higher cap than the gold pan does. This means that you can still use a sluice in an area that you've already overworked with a gold pan, but you cannot use a gold pan in an area that you've already overworked with a sluice.

Hey, I notice that hostile mobs have a noticeably reduced drop rate. Is this because of the new butchery skill? If so, I think killing mobs should raise the butchery skill. We need bones on the server, but none of the skeletons killed dropped bones. Also, spiders and creepers didn't drop anything either when killed. Zombies where the only mobs that dropped something, and that was at a really low rate. Like, 3~4 zombies to get 1~2 rotten flesh

Setting out my new server and is a forge server. I noticed that the latest recommended version is older than the version upon witch TFC was built but the latest developed is newer. So witch version would work best ?

Setting out my new server and is a forge server. I noticed that the latest recommended version is older than the version upon witch TFC was built but the latest developed is newer. So witch version would work best ?

You should always use the version of forge that is listed on the TFC Download page.