Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deez

Multiplayer Ideas

13 posts in this topic

Local Chat

Something I thought that vanilla MC has needed for a long time. This should be enabled by default and chat-distance should be customizable.

Locks + Lockpicks

For chests, doors, redstone, etc. These should be crafted with a plan, using alloys for different difficulty levels. Lockpicks should be easy to make, easy to break, and impossible to master.

Trading

A way to create currency and trade with other players through a user interface that requires both parties to accept the terms of a trade before it commences.

the local chat idea, great. The locks also good, although I suspect a creative griefer would use them to lock poeple out of their chests or stuff like that. The lockpicks, only on PVP servers, otherwise they might become yet another tool for griefers to use.

Another thing that might be really good for multiplayer is an economy with a trade-system, something that could work like the trade-o-mat from IC2, or an actual trading screen like in many MMORPGs. Afterall there is so much to gather in TFC that trading might work well.

I mean you'll have to work together to a certain degree anyways to get the metals needed for all the alloys, and certain poeple are better at certain tasks, some can prospect better, others are better at smithing, another few are quicker at getting loads of logs, sticks and charcoal, and with the rise of agriculture the idea of SMP turning into a middle-ages society isn't that strange to think of.

With the gemstones currently use-free they could serve as money, since they aren't things you can gather a lot of quickly.

the local chat idea, great. The locks also good, although I suspect a creative griefer would use them to lock poeple out of their chests or stuff like that. The lockpicks, only on PVP servers, otherwise they might become yet another tool for griefers to use.

Another thing that might be really good for multiplayer is an economy with a trade-system, something that could work like the trade-o-mat from IC2, or an actual trading screen like in many MMORPGs. Afterall there is so much to gather in TFC that trading might work well.

I mean you'll have to work together to a certain degree anyways to get the metals needed for all the alloys, and certain poeple are better at certain tasks, some can prospect better, others are better at smithing, another few are quicker at getting loads of logs, sticks and charcoal, and with the rise of agriculture the idea of SMP turning into a middle-ages society isn't that strange to think of.

With the gemstones currently use-free they could serve as money, since they aren't things you can gather a lot of quickly.

As far as I know Bioxx already has plans to implement a way to create currency and trade with the vanilla Villagers, so I'm sure the addition of MP support would be the next step after that. I read that on the old wiki though, so things might have changed since that was written. Another thing I read on that wiki said that Gems are supposed to be used for Enchanting, so using them as currency might not be a good idea unless the person setting up the economy understands the system in and out.

As far as I know Bioxx already has plans to implement a way to create currency and trade with the vanilla Villagers, so I'm sure the addition of MP support would be the next step after that. I read that on the old wiki though, so things might have changed since that was written.

Well I hope he adds a currency system to MP, would ease up trading as it would no longer be goods for goods

there are server plugins for currency and i think one that lets mob's drop money when killed.(if they would work with terrafirma)

there are server plugins for currency and i think one that lets mob's drop money when killed.(if they would work with terrafirma)

Yes, I'm fully aware of Bukkit and the plugins available for that. I was suggesting to make them part of the game properly though.

I'd prefer there to still be a heavy emphasis on bartering, currency is hard to set up in a server of three villages, and 20 people, since the prices would take quite a while to set up.

But if there is a sort of currency, I'd want it to actually be useful set aside its generic usage as an unstable [or floating] banknote.

[so that it has an actual value]

Like say, make the money out of metals, so you could smelt them back to ingots if you wanted. Something like that?

Meh, only really if it's nonalloy coins only, and even then, I'm deathly afraid of stagnation, or slowdowns.

Well Dwarf Fortress lets you craft coins of nearly all metals you can find. I haven't looked into the values of each material however, but I don't think it'd be an issue. People will trade for what they want or need.

Still concerned about discrepancies

maybe make coins out of bronze/silver/gold? or make mobs drop coins that can be picked up(only hostal mobs)

If you could reduce them into unshaped bars, it'd be very concerning since people could start farming them.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0