Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

More trees

50 posts in this topic

This is not a suggestion about more uses for trees, but just more kind of trees. Why ? Some people on irc suggested that 17 is an ugly number (for ressource pack for example). People agreed that 32 is a good number, so we need 15 more trees. Some of my suggestions are based on cool name, cool looking tree and wood color.

• Palm tree -> Dunk worked on it
  • Eucalyptus
  • Jacaranda
  • Ginkgo
  • Poplar
  • Mangrove
  • Bamboo
  • Teak
  • Baobab
  • Movingui -> Yellow wood
  • Ebony or Wenge -> Black wood
  • Mahoe ->Purple blue wood
  • Pink Ivory -> Pink wood
  • -
  • -

What kind of trees would you like ?

I think we should have some trees that are often found in jungles, and in combination of jungle bushes could make up a hard to travel jungle biome

I think we should have some trees that are often found in jungles, and in combination of jungle bushes could make up a hard to travel jungle biome

How many size of kapok is there ? bush, small, tall 1x1 and tall 2x2 ? could get rid of the bush and make it a different tree.

Um, lets see.....

Acacia trees?

Fir trees, and while your at that remodel the spruce tree, spruces are not deciduous trees.

I'd vote for palm, mangrove, and ficus. And 20 total trees.  Making leaves is probably the hardest part of making a texture pack (at least for me).

Baobab trees, the coolest trees ever. They would be like another version of kapok, but not increase the number of Kapok trees, maybe Kapok could be 50% of the amounts it is previously found in with the other 50% Baobab. Mabey (effectively) a white version of Kapok. 

Isn't baobab found in savannas and not jungles?

...MORE trees?   :blink:

17 types of wood that won't mix or stack with each other isn't enough?

Nope, definitely not enough

Oh, this proposition is half serious. I started it because some people on the forum said they saw proposition for Ebony wood. And yes, it would be nice to have black wood.

The reason why it's half serious is because Kreicus was complaining about 17 being a bad number for his texture layout. I asked if 32 would be good and he said yes.

If you play with direwolf20 pack, with Narura, Forestry, Twilight Forest and Exta Biomes, you have like over 50 saplings, that of course do not stack. As soon as you start a tree farm, you can focus on the tree of your choice, you do not have to have them all.

I just bought a mid-century teak dining table that I LOVE. I support the addition of Teak trees, as well as mid-century style crafting grid recipes.

How about bamboo? Have you seen how big bamboo gets? It's the dominant vegetation in the Yunque rainforest in Puerto Rico. They're as big around as you are (unless you're huge, in which case you need to see a doctor), and crowd out all the other trees. Bamboo can be used as building material, and it burns fast and incredibly hot. It also spreads like Youtube videos of kids recovering from general anesthesia. So if you implement bamboo, you should probably also implement RoundUp or some other Glysophate poison, so the bamboo can laugh at your feeble attempts to control it. TerraWeedCraft - nothing but bamboo. And pandas.

so the bamboo can laugh at your feeble attempts to control it. 

Fire, fire, more fire, rivers, and climate.

Fire, fire, more fire, rivers, and climate.

You can't put bamboo and pandas and poison in the game without adding Home Owners Associations, which are the bane of everything that is fire or awesome.

We need better tree models, Like the tree models in that old mod called biome terrain mod

Baobab trees, the coolest trees ever. They would be like another version of kapok, but not increase the number of Kapok trees, maybe Kapok could be 50% of the amounts it is previously found in with the other 50% Baobab. Mabey (effectively) a white version of Kapok. 

Kapoks spawn in rain over 4000 and baobabs, more scattered spawn in plains with drow rain values?

Either way:

Beech trees

Mahogany

Silk Floss tree (From the same family as the kapok and baobab) (They look really pretty in spring)

Magnolia 

London Plane tree (Similar to the sycamore)

Black Booyong

I do think tree models could be better. Though some trees are all ready fine, like willow.

I want bamboo so bad. The uses are almost innumerable:

basic housing

simple spears

spike traps

furniture

fishingrods

ladders

scaffolding

Seriously, just really useful stuff.

You can't put bamboo and pandas and poison in the game without adding Home Owners Associations, which are the bane of everything that is fire or awesome.

Zombies are already in-game.