Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Darkwhip

Bugs report: Decay going crazy,egg,fences

13 posts in this topic

Since the last update the decay is going furiously down for some reason my food can't last more than one day, is it how it's suposed to be ?

I also noticed that the animals (sheeps,cow,pig etc..) always tries to passe trough the mod's fences, like if they couldn't recognize the fences as a block that would block their way. (It happens frequently in mods that includes new fences)

Another tiny bug, I recently gathered an egg from a chicken who has just lay one, then I cooked the egg and the cooked egg had no ''Oz'' showing on it eating it wouldn't make it disapear or fill my hugner.

Cordialy Darkwhip

Please be specific about the version number. Are you playing 78.12?

For the food decay, what is the temperature of the area that you are in? Food will decay faster if it is hotter. Have you tried deleting your configs to make sure that nothing in them has changed? Are you playing single player, or on a server and logged back in after being logged out for a period of time?

The animals trying to path through fences should have been fixed with 78.12, hence asking what specific version you are playing.

When you gathered the egg, did you take it out of a nest box, or did you find it in the world? If you found it in the world, that's actually a bug and the egg had no weight to begin with, which will be fixed for 78.13

Please be specific about the version number. Are you playing 78.12?

For the food decay, what is the temperature of the area that you are in? Food will decay faster if it is hotter. Have you tried deleting your configs to make sure that nothing in them has changed? Are you playing single player, or on a server and logged back in after being logged out for a period of time?

The animals trying to path through fences should have been fixed with 78.12, hence asking what specific version you are playing.

When you gathered the egg, did you take it out of a nest box, or did you find it in the world? If you found it in the world, that's actually a bug and the egg had no weight to begin with, which will be fixed for 78.13

I am playing on the 78.12, for the temperature outside was around 33° so yes it was pretty hot, but to almost completely decay my Rye bread suddenly in my barehand is kinda strange. Oh and right now it's 37° outside in early autumn isn't a bit uncommon ? And for the egg the chicken did lay it on the ground.

Here some screenshots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking at the F3 menu in your screenshot, your z coordinate is about -4,000. To put it this way, 0 is the equator, and -12,000 is about the equivalent of north america. So 30 outside when you're essentially living in the sahara desert makes about sense.

Looking at the F3 menu in your screenshot, your z coordinate is about -4,000. To put it this way, 0 is the equator, and -12,000 is about the equivalent of north america. So 30 outside when you're essentially living in the sahara desert makes about sense.

What you are saying doesn't make any sense at all, don't take offense of that but let me remember you that worlds of Minecraft are 8 times bigger than the planet we are living on. So you can't just take our planetary coordinations for Minecraft.

Posted Image

Per Dunk in http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4143-arctic-expedition/?p=64112 TFC worldgen does not function like vanilla, so while the game engine can accommodate a surface area roughly 8x larger than Earth, TFC latitudes are artificially capped to simulate the poles at an accessible range.

The "arctic" starts at +-30k, after that, the temperature is essentially constant. It gets to about -50 C in the winter.

Kitty's reference was purely an example of a well-known geographic feature at an Earth-equivalent latitude, for the sake of temperature comparison; it was not meant to literally imply that everything at that distance is (or should be) desert-like.

Living that far south, you should forget about food storage for any significant amount of time due to the constantly elevated temperatures. I'm not sure how quickly food decays (one day does sound a little too fast), but it should not be expected to last very long. However, as a trade-off, your crops won't die during the winter (again, due to the temperature) so you should be able to harvest what you need when you need it. Different latitudes require different living styles.

Exactly. TFC Worlds have a north and south pole area (+/- 30,000 Z) with the equator at 0Z. The closer you get to 0, the hotter the average temperature will be. Maps are still infinite along the x direction though, so in that case it is like vanilla in that the coordinate doesn't matter. I simply stated the Saraha desert because its latitude is roughly similar in comparison to the earth equator as your Z coordinate in comparison to 0 on the TFC scale.

As reference: a pregenerated map (approx 30000 x 44000) from the crococraft server (map will go live this weekend). You can easily see why the oceans feel so huge:

For an interactive google maps like experience: http://www.crococraft.com/index.php/server-map

Posted Image

Dam, it's gonna be painful to dig down a nice cave for stocking food in an enought cooled place for it.

You can always turn decay off in the config if you find it too tedious.

Anyway i'll be waiting for the fences fix in the upcoming updates.

But fences were already fixed in 78.12

My animals don't try to get past fences.

Also, Bioxx fixed some temperature-related bug in 78.12, that was affecting decay. Maybe you just encountered that problem.

I will also repeat what VegasGoat said: There was ghost-fix for 78.12 . If you have it already, try redownlanding it.