Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Spodean

Not new to TFC, but am new to the changes, and having a problem.

16 posts in this topic

I enjoyed my first play through without complaints, hence why I am new to the boards lol.

Anyways, I noticed right away that in order to make planks, you cannot use an axe. You need to create the copper saw.

Cool, no problems with that, a little more challenge is always welcome.

The world I created, I am having horrible luck finding the copper, tetra and malachite needed to craft the saw. Literally I am not kidding I have spent the better part of 2 hours trying to find what i need to craft this saw. And still have not enough. plenty of platinum, plenty of other things etc... just these 3 things i need are hard as heck to find.

I am fine with that, I will find them eventually and all will be good.

But after spending half of my time hiding in holes or in a shack in order to pass the night away, it has become a mind numbingly frustrating process. Not challenging just crazy boring afk'ing the night away.

Saws needed to make planks, great idea.

Beds requiring that saw... not so much.

Can we make it so the straw bed passes the night? Give us a groggy debuff, or tired debuff for a 1/4 of the day or something. Just make it easier to pass the night.

I finally gave up on it and switched it to peaceful till I get the stuff I need, i just could not stand spending another minute hiding in my shack. The first time in my minecraft history that I have not played on hard difficulty. The horribly bad weapons you can make at the start coupled with the new zombie mechanics just don't give you the option right off the bat to explore at night.

I am probably going to create another world just to have better luck on the ores, I absolutely hate cheating things in and setting a game to peaceful.

This is just something that is bugging me, sorry if someone takes offense. 

That is just bad luck. Other times, you can hit copper right away. I think your case is quite rare.

You can use a gold pan to find the first ores. It's not an obvious mechanic.

It's only useful for the early couple of tools, because everything else requires insane amounts of ore that you'll never get with the gold pan.

What I do is dig up a stack of gravel underwater. Then walk along the shore and place a block of gravel, and dig out a block of dirt near the water to create running water. Then simply use the gold pan on the gravel and running water until I have enough ore.

Tetra can be found in metamorphic rocks, malachite can only be found in limestone and marble, and native copper can only be found in igneous extrusive rocks. Some times you can just have bad luck. Try a new world and see what you get.

Tetra can be found in all rock types but malachite can only be found in limestone iirc, and native copper can only be found in a select few igneous rocks. Some times you can just have bad luck. Try a new world and see what you get.

Um, not according to this wiki page. I'm confused. 

http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/Ores_%26_Minerals

-snip-

With the TFC exclusive spawn protection mechanic, your area (5x5 chunks) around your base(if you usualy stayy in the same place) is safe from mob spawning during the night, even if the area is dark. the more time you stay there, the more protection you get: http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/Protection_Meter

With the TFC exclusive spawn protection mechanic, your area (5x5 chunks) around your base(if you usualy stayy in the same place) is safe from mob spawning during the night, even if the area is dark. the more time you stay there, the more protection you get: http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/Protection_Meter

Spawn protection is nice for reducing skeletons, spiders, and creepers... but zombies track from 200 blocks away and then spawn reinforcements. Without a sword or bow, dealing with a zombie horde is far from easy.I'm totally in favour of either adding debuffs to straw beds or buffs to wool beds. A "well rested" perk would be a nice motivation to go exploring at higher latitudes.

Can we make it so the straw bed passes the night? Give us a groggy debuff, or tired debuff for a 1/4 of the day or something. Just make it easier to pass the night.

I finally gave up on it and switched it to peaceful till I get the stuff I need, i just could not stand spending another minute hiding in my shack. The first time in my minecraft history that I have not played on hard difficulty. The horribly bad weapons you can make at the start coupled with the new zombie mechanics just don't give you the option right off the bat to explore at night..

I used to agree with you. I wanted a way to pass the night, and have even made suggestions to that effect. However, now that I have a bit more experience with TFC, my nights are rarely dull. Also, since your hunger and thirst drop while sleeping, doing so makes for a VERY unproductive night.

Before first nightfall, you should have enough sticks, stones, logs, and clay to stay busy. If you killed an animal, cooking will eat a good portion of that time. Light 20+ sticks to torches. Fire a couple vessels and jugs. Build near water, preferably near the intersection of four chunks, and pan. My first night is usually so busy I don't have time for panning until night 2. You may not even have to build shelter to pan. Maybe 3/4 of the time I can walk out at midnight and pan near my shelter unmolested. 

If a saw is your immediate priority, you can pan and cast one likely before the first nightfall even occurs.

Also, play on hardcore. All the cool kids do it.

I haven't played vanilla MC in a while, so... What about moats? If a zombie is chasing you and there is a 1 block wide of a 3 block depth moat in the way, will he jump over, circle arround or fall into it?

I haven't played vanilla MC in a while, so... What about moats? If a zombie is chasing you and there is a 1 block wide of a 3 block depth moat in the way, will he jump over, circle arround or fall into it?

Swim through.

sorry, a trench I meant. A moat but without the water

If there is a 2 block drop, unless you are are at the bottom of the drop, the mob will try to find a way around it, and if they fail to do so, they will aimlessly wander around the trench trying to get to you. 

From my experience, don't get hit by a zombie unless you're looking for them. If one hits you, 2-4 more zombies will spawn 80~100 meters from the hit location and they will walk to the location. Try getting a higher ground or craft some javelins and axes. Javelins can't break when thrown away but will break if you left-click one. You can sprint-hit zombies from ledges to deal 72+ damage per fall. Attack skeletons with a stone hammer(kitty need to add the hammer head knapping process to the stone age guide). Crushing damage type deals double damage to skeletons. When an armored skeleton appears, it's your chance to get armor early in the game.

Javelins can't break when thrown away but will break if you left-click one.

They don't break if you miss. Dealing damage does break them.

Honestly, I'm all for being able to sleep right away.  If I can sleep on my living room floor without a problem, I can certainly sleep on some straw and hide bed.  I think the upgrade would be perfectly fine as purely aesthetic.