Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
defiler86

Tips on agriculture?

13 posts in this topic

New to TFC and currently mid-summer in my SP game. Been only surviving on steaks, water, and recently found some maize. So looking for tips on a few things:1. How does someone get seeds and fruit tree saplings?

2. How do you pick fruit of a tree? (Got a few olive trees near by.)3. And with the hoe equip, there is an image (usually a till soil graphic) that shows up near the hotbar, what is that about?

1) run around and find wild plants, break fruit tree branches

2) right click the leaves when ripe

3) metal hoes have different modes; these don't function on stone ones.  once you get a metal hoe, i would direct you to the wiki.

1) run around and find wild plants, break fruit tree branches

Ahh... break branchs for samplings. That's makes sense. And guess I'll need to venture farther for more plants. Only came across 3 maize, 1 rice, and a collection of reeds in the 1 day of travel radius around my hut.

2) right click the leaves when ripe

I'll have to check the leave stages then, and get familiar with them.

3) metal hoes have different modes; these don't function on stone ones.  once you get a metal hoe, i would direct you to the wiki.

I'll look a little deeper in the wiki.Thanks for the tips. ^_^

er, I don't know if this has changed, but you used to have to break the fruit tree branches specifically with an axe.

er, I don't know if this has changed, but you used to have to break the fruit tree branches specifically with an axe.

Correct, the branches have to be broken with an axe or a saw in order to drop saplings.

Correct, the branches have to be broken with an axe or a saw in order to drop saplings.

Had an ax last night on a fruit tree, and got no sapling. Is it still a precentile chance for a drop or should it be automatic?

Had an ax last night on a fruit tree, and got no sapling. Is it still a precentile chance for a drop or should it be automatic?

Yup, just a chance

I'd recommend waiting to chop the branches until they're done flowering/blooming for the year. Unless, of course, you're just scavenging for your home area. 

Question: Did pumpkins/melons ever get changed over to have a use or was that still in the pipe for future changes? 

Pumpkins, mushrooms and melons are still useless.. but are planned to be edible eventually.

Pumpkins, mushrooms and melons are still useless.. but are planned to be edible eventually.

Well not entirely useless. I kind of use pumpkins as highly visible markers :) That orange shows up real nice when I'm trying to find things. 

. . . now I miss pumpkin pie.

Another question on agriculture: how do you get seeds from a harvested crop? Looking to expand my fields and not sure how to get more seeds from my current crop.

Another question on agriculture: how do you get seeds from a harvested crop? Looking to expand my fields and not sure how to get more seeds from my current crop.

Every time you break/harvest a plant, your agriculture skill increases. The higher your agriculture skill, the more likely you are to get 2 seeds from breaking/harvesting the plant instead of just 1.

Every time you break/harvest a plant, your agriculture skill increases. The higher your agriculture skill, the more likely you are to get 2 seeds from breaking/harvesting the plant instead of just 1.

Thanks!I'll take a look how skills work and get a better feel on it all.