Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Llez

Is there a shader mod for 78?

23 posts in this topic

Hopefully I'm putting this in the right area, but as the topic states; is there a compatable shader mod that works with the newest release, 78.14, of TFC? I haven't been able to find one personally but I'm probably just missing something obvious.

Afaik any shader for MC 1.6.4 should work. 

Atleast i can get them to work. Using SEUS for screenies only tho... :)

Hey Llez

Dunk was in a 14 hour stream with Pakratt a few weeks ago and he was asked this question by one of the guys. Shaders dont work due to an incompatibility with ..something (really helpfull i know but it was a really long stream)

Im sure someone will correct me.

If you have the time to kill - here is the stream 

http://www.twitch.tv/pakratt0013/b/524225572

'gamer

Nah, good enough for me. Thanks for the response!  Kind of a shame really, shaders really make the game pop; maybe in the future...

Karyonix's shaders mod and most shaderpacks for it will work (I've tried SEUS, CUDA and a couple of others) but only salt water has the water shaders applied - fresh water and spring water still look like vanilla, presumably because they have different block IDs*. If you set up somewhere where there's only salt water around except for a little pool of fresh water for drinking, you don't really notice it, but it is pretty annoying. If I knew anything about how shaders worked I'd be able to tell you if it was possible to edit the shader files to make it work, but I don't.

Apart from that they've been working fine for me, though.

*At least, I think they do - there's a file in the config that seems to indicate that, anyway.

For SEUS:

1) Open your shaderpack

2) Open file gbuffers_water.vsh

3) Find:

if (mc_Entity.x == 8 || mc_Entity.x == 9) { 

iswater = 1.0f;  }

4) Change it to:

if (mc_Entity.x == 8 || mc_Entity.x == 9 || mc_Entity.x == 2136 || mc_Entity.x == 2137 || mc_Entity.x == 2138 || mc_Entity.x == 2139 || mc_Entity.x == 2140 || mc_Entity.x == 2141 || mc_Entity.x == 2142) {    iswater = 1.0f;  }

4) Enjoy good looking water

And yes, shaders works perfectly fine for me.

For SEUS:

1) Open your shaderpack

2) Open file gbuffers_water.vsh

3) Find:

if (mc_Entity.x == 8 || mc_Entity.x == 9) { 

iswater = 1.0f;  }

4) Change it to:

if (mc_Entity.x == 8 || mc_Entity.x == 9 || mc_Entity.x == 2136 || mc_Entity.x == 2137 || mc_Entity.x == 2138 || mc_Entity.x == 2139 || mc_Entity.x == 2140 || mc_Entity.x == 2141 || mc_Entity.x == 2142) {    iswater = 1.0f;  }

4) Enjoy good looking water

And yes, shaders works perfectly fine for me.

It's beautiful. I might cry.

Thanks so much for the tip!

I created an account specifically to ask if there was a way to get the SEUS shaders to work with the new water types from TFC, and it turns out somebody had already has it working.

That was the only thing left I had to do before I was ready to start playing TFC. Posted Image

I don't know, I'm fairly sure that SEUS has a new texture for the moon.

Nevermind, I found it. (Better leaves / Grass mod with settings (F10) turned to maximum). :D

Yep, that's it. But you're probably need to set blood off in this mod. It crashes the game at least for me.

I'm using SEUS 10.1, but I took water shader from SEUS 10.1 preview 2 (I just like it more) with fix from my previous post.

I'm also using other graphic mods: Dynamic lights, blocks3d mod and obviously optifine :)

Wooph says: "Shaders work, but you need to edit the shader files to display the water plants and new water types correctly." and provides a screenshot but doesn't actually say HOW!

Thankfully politehnik posted a water fix, thanks politehnik.

Does anyone know how to get the cattails/seaweed working though? It's obviously possible since Wooph showed a screenshot but a few hours of trying things has yielded nothing unfortunately!

Thanks,

Teal

Are you sure they don't work after using Politehnik's fix? He has the ID's for the water plants already added in that list.

I just installed this, using Shader mod and Seus, dint change anything and seems to work fine.

GLSL Shaders Mod v2.2.2 for MC  1.6.4

Seus v10.1 Standard

This is the result:

Posted Image

I see nothing wrong with the cactails, ill wait for winter to blow over to check the rest, but i recon id be fine aswell.

Small note though, the water on Standard is a little less intresting then for example Ultra, but they both seem to be working just fine by default.

Lord that is amazing. I need to try that soon. I doubt my computer can handle it, but maybe. Just maybe.

Lord that is amazing. I need to try that soon. I doubt my computer can handle it, but maybe. Just maybe.

Hehe yeah i was quite amazed myself for that matter (and that screenshot was i think normal instead of ultra even :P), my PC dint like it very much either with the optifine settings (all on fancy obviously) im using, so i disabled it to have the longer viewing range for actualy gameplay purposes. But it sure does miracles for when you need to take screenshots, i saved it in a backup folder for that purpose ;)

Could proll tweak it to run proper, but in this case i rather have all then nothing so to speak (or vice versa in this case) ^_^

For people with slower computers, i can highly recommend Chocapic13's shaders. After installation, use the low quality shader. Unlike claims from other authors, this shader will minimally effect your frame rate and you still benefit from some beautiful lighting and moving tree leaves. The water is not affected. 

Shaders work great for me.

I tweaked the SEUS 10.1 preview 2 with nice clouds to have stronger lights as it was so dark for me.

Here's the result: http://1drv.ms/1mMQ6yl

I'm also using a combo of loads of resource packs in case anyone asks, mix and match ftw :)

For people with slower computers, i can highly recommend Chocapic13's shaders. After installation, use the low quality shader. Unlike claims from other authors, this shader will minimally effect your frame rate and you still benefit from some beautiful lighting and moving tree leaves. The water is not affected. 

Thanks that works like a charm, running Med now with stable FPS, the higher ones ill keep for screenshot e-peens :)

*edit*

The result on medium btw:

Posted Image