Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Iron_Hide4

Case of the Vanishing Hammer (bug)

8 posts in this topic

Version #: 78.14

Suggested Name: Vanishing Hammer

Suggested Category: Annoying

Description: Stone hammers will vanish if left for long periods of time on an anvil, and will vanish when removed from tool racks. Only applies to hammers with less than 50% of their damage value left.

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes.  This has happened for the last three versions and I always delete configs when updating.

Are you playing single player or on a server?

I can't reproduce this. In single player, I made a stone hammer, then put it in an anvil and worked a bunch of stuff so that it got down to less then half durability. I'm able to put it on tool racks of multiple wood types and take it off with no issues, and leaving it sit in an anvil didn't make it disappear either. Are you sure that you aren't just misplacing it? Or perhaps when you're taking it off of the tool rack, the item kind of goes flying off in one direction, and you don't see to pick it up?

I also play single player, and just had this happen to me.

I have a partially damaged stone hammer in a stone anvil next to my froge, with is still perfectly fine though and has been in the anvil for a good ingame month or 2 maybe even longer.

Used a second stone hammer to Chisle a few blocks around my strip mine, and i started to notice it was not in my inventory anymore after i made a few stairs. Upon placing a block in the inventory slot that previously contained the hammer it became visable again so to speak (the items i placed there simply replaced the hammer making the hammer my selected item if that makes any sense ...).

I dint take to much notice of it at first, untill it happend again near my little shack when i wanted to sleep the night away, after all winter nights are so cold :P When i put my hammer on the tool rack it all seemed fine, when i tried to remove it i saw it pop off the rack it even made the pick-up sound, but the hammer vanished and can not be found.

I tried all tricks, even the same thing that made it pop back up like i previously mentioned, but all failed i check around my shack as its still rather small i thought it might have popped true the dirt walls. But also not hammer on the roof, around the sides of the house or any were close to it. Im also not sure if the hammer was damaged at all, i dint really pay attention to it as i made the stairs.

Running version 78.14

Hope this helps a bit, no console errors either, last thing i did before putting the hammer in the toolrack was feeding my wolfs but i doubt that is related. Ill try to reproduce it, but im unsure what the cause is, ill post again if it happens again.

I had the same problem.

There might be another bug similar to this, only with food items. When making meals, sometimes one of the remaining ingredients becomes bugged. It randomly becomes invisible in the inventory, while not listing any decay value or weight in the tooltip.

I talked with kitty about the ghost food item. It happen when the food prep use the whole food item. She said' it's most likely a sync issue. From my understanding, it's not quite the same issue as what is reported to happen with the hammer. (or it's also a sync issue, the hammer not properly disappearing when completely broken under certain circumstances)

Maybe the hammer issue also happens when the last points of durability are consumed then.