Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Tris514

[0.79.17] Barbaric Survival - Vanilla TFC Server | New Map - Jan 3rd | Whitelist - Closed

706 posts in this topic

Minecraft Username:
c4bombexpert

Why would you like to join?:
play on a good whitelisted server with TFC and no BS (like typical griefing).  I like the challenges of building complex things in the different Forestry type mods.  It's also fun going off mining and digging with friends only to start yelling about creepers and spider spawners.  Plus I really like just building things.  TFC makes effort way more rewarding.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?:  
Not much with TFC, plenty with IC2, Railcraft, TC, Forestry.  I play a lot of Dwarf Fortress (40d ftw), and quite a lot of barely explained tons of hands on learning roguelikes.  Been playing since before SMP was introduced although with all the changes both to vanilla SMP and TFC it's quite a lot of work to stay current on new mechanics.  I certainly don't know all of them..  I've played quite a lot of creature and SMP both vanilla and with mods, although playing with other people is the real fun.

Any additional information that would help your case: I have quite a bit of free time so playing minecraft alone is alright, but playing with actual other people is something I enjoy.  Hopefully going to do quite a bit of TFC on this server with a friend of mine who is also applying, but if he isn't approved I'll still play myself.  Wouldn't mind making some new friends too.  I'm mostly polite and easy to get along with.  I also use VOIP stuff like TS or Vent or Mumble, because only typing isn't nearly as fun, but I'm pretty friendly via text chat.

Time zone, location, name(*Optional):
 EST, Ohio

Edit - I had some questions like Omen does.

-The spawn area limit, if you guys are clustered or mostly spread out is there a way we can know what areas aren't inhabited/explored?
-Has anyone found the few rare spawns (dungeons/SH/nether)?  I'm not familiar with the TFC spawn mechanics at all.

- Are any of the HUD or minimap mods considering alright?  I know that the minimap can restrict to only above ground, and that as far as like HUD stuff if it's not auto-swap tools/weapons/gear it's probably ok, but i wanted to make sure.   I love having the IC2 and better buffs HUD stuff simply because it gives you everything on the main screen, the 'cheat' type options of these stuff doesn't appeal to me at all.  Minimaps are awesome though since the in-game map kinda stinks.

- Is there any kind of trading setup with each other?  I've had maps where we have trading huts setup and it's based on scouts honor, with prices listed via signs.

Age: 25 Minecraft Username: Omen_Kaizer Why would you like to join?: I'm looking to settle down and craft some white-cedar picket fences--after I forge the axe and saw by own e-labor. I've got an appetite for survival games and complex/sim builder games, but what makes them stick to me is teamwork and challenging goals. I've been missing that lately. PvP is secondary to me; I can do without it. The overloading of mods that detract from the immersion is a turnoff, making Barbaric Surivial stand out to me in this forum.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: TFC:  two good stints in the CrocoCraft server, the last one being in v0.78. A couple solo games where I simply need that group to interest me. Vanilla MC I've put more time into, but it no longer compares.

Any additional information that would help your case:  Civ II: Test of Time didn't turn me into a PC gamer, but it shaped me as one. L4D & L4D2 were my thing when they were new. I raided in LotRO for years with c4bombexpert--PvE mostly. We met because his name was a shout-out to Dwarf Fortress, which is a game I adore. After, for a significant period of time my L4D buddies and I played Rust (Legacy). We put our heads together and constructed fortresses that were "well hidden" or "impregnable" (never 100% so), and raised hell for the predatory rush you get being in a wolf pack (and to alleviate boredom. Game didn't have the rich framework TFC has. Tried unsuccessfuly to convert them to TFC). I see a lot of Dwarf Fortress in TFC, which is awesome. It's meaty; it makes you work for that meat too. 

I'll probably be busy on weekends, but playing weekdays after work.

Time zone, location, name(*Optional): CST, Alabama, "Omen" or "Arg". C4bombexpert will call me Arg. I'll be calling him Dorf.

Questions for you:

Are y'all clustered up in a town or in separate villages/homesteads

If the former, would y'all respect one's desire to progress caveman at least iron age unaided?

Do folks here use any VOIP servers?

Do you count extended absenses in terms of weeks or days?

Thanks!

Hello, I'm a player in this server. I can talk a bit about how it's going on in here. The map is under a month old, and as far as I know, steel is the top tier. There isn't a village, but a few players live close/together in pairs, and what not. You can basically play whichever way you want, if you respect others. There are players who play alone. 

We've been trading directly, just getting to terms via chat. As far as other mods, I'll let Cheerios speak about them. 

Good luck!

Edit: I've set up a Raidcall group some time ago, but these guys don't seem to care much for that. Maybe you'll join me there and I'll no longer be forever alone :( Group ID in our subreddit.

First of all, both of you're applications are accepted and I'll add you to the whitelist shorty.

Age:  26    Minecraft Username: c4bombexpert    Why would you like to join?: play on a good whitelisted server with TFC and no BS (like typical griefing).  I like the challenges of building complex things in the different Forestry type mods.  It's also fun going off mining and digging with friends only to start yelling about creepers and spider spawners.  Plus I really like just building things.  TFC makes effort way more rewarding.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?:  Not much with TFC, plenty with IC2, Railcraft, TC, Forestry.  I play a lot of Dwarf Fortress (40d ftw), and quite a lot of barely explained tons of hands on learning roguelikes.  Been playing since before SMP was introduced although with all the changes both to vanilla SMP and TFC it's quite a lot of work to stay current on new mechanics.  I certainly don't know all of them..  I've played quite a lot of creature and SMP both vanilla and with mods, although playing with other people is the real fun.

Any additional information that would help your case: I have quite a bit of free time so playing minecraft alone is alright, but playing with actual other people is something I enjoy.  Hopefully going to do quite a bit of TFC on this server with a friend of mine who is also applying, but if he isn't approved I'll still play myself.  Wouldn't mind making some new friends too.  I'm mostly polite and easy to get along with.  I also use VOIP stuff like TS or Vent or Mumble, because only typing isn't nearly as fun, but I'm pretty friendly via text chat.    Time zone, location, name(*Optional):  EST, Ohio 

Edit - I had some questions like Omen does.-The spawn area limit, if you guys are clustered or mostly spread out is there a way we can know what areas aren't inhabited/explored?-Has anyone found the few rare spawns (dungeons/SH/nether)?  I'm not familiar with the TFC spawn mechanics at all.

- Are any of the HUD or minimap mods considering alright?  I know that the minimap can restrict to only above ground, and that as far as like HUD stuff if it's not auto-swap tools/weapons/gear it's probably ok, but i wanted to make sure.   I love having the IC2 and better buffs HUD stuff simply because it gives you everything on the main screen, the 'cheat' type options of these stuff doesn't appeal to me at all.  Minimaps are awesome though since the in-game map kinda stinks.

- Is there any kind of trading setup with each other?  I've had maps where we have trading huts setup and it's based on scouts honor, with prices listed via signs.

To answer your questions in descending order, we do have a few maps posted on our subreddit so you can have a browse through there. Other then that, you kinda get to know the regions not he map and where people are, for example spawn is on an island which we refer to as none other then Spawn Island, and directly below that to the South we have South Island, both islands are moderately populated. Beyond the two islands, further to the South and the West we have The Mainland. The Mainland is such a large chunk of land it is mostly unexplored and untapped, there are a few settled here, but mostly near the Great Lake and the Northwesterly edge of The Mainland. Another thing to note about the "spawn area limit" you ask about, it's not a physical border, you are totally welcome to go well beyond it exploring and collecting resources whenever you want. I just don't want players building permanent structures or homes outside of it, as I do plan to eventually cut the edges of the map to reset the area beyond the "border".

TFC does not spawn the same vanilla dungeons and dimensions, meaning the Nether and End do not exist along with Stronghold's and Mineshaft's. It's a much more realistic survival based mod which comes with it's own set of challenges.

Minima's are fine, I don't really care what you use as long as it's not cheaty.

Trading is usually just a verbal agreement made via chat ,and a meeting point usually just arranged on the fly, but I think that would be a great idea to implement trading posts around the map!

Age: 25 Minecraft Username: Omen_Kaizer Why would you like to join?: I'm looking to settle down and craft some white-cedar picket fences--after I forge the axe and saw by own e-labor. I've got an appetite for survival games and complex/sim builder games, but what makes them stick to me is teamwork and challenging goals. I've been missing that lately. PvP is secondary to me; I can do without it. The overloading of mods that detract from the immersion is a turnoff, making Barbaric Surivial stand out to me in this forum.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: TFC:  two good stints in the CrocoCraft server, the last one being in v0.78. A couple solo games where I simply need that group to interest me. Vanilla MC I've put more time into, but it no longer compares.

Any additional information that would help your case:  Civ II: Test of Time didn't turn me into a PC gamer, but it shaped me as one. L4D & L4D2 were my thing when they were new. I raided in LotRO for years with c4bombexpert--PvE mostly. We met because his name was a shout-out to Dwarf Fortress, which is a game I adore. After, for a significant period of time my L4D buddies and I played Rust (Legacy). We put our heads together and constructed fortresses that were "well hidden" or "impregnable" (never 100% so), and raised hell for the predatory rush you get being in a wolf pack (and to alleviate boredom. Game didn't have the rich framework TFC has. Tried unsuccessfuly to convert them to TFC). I see a lot of Dwarf Fortress in TFC, which is awesome. It's meaty; it makes you work for that meat too. 

I'll probably be busy on weekends, but playing weekdays after work.

Time zone, location, name(*Optional): CST, Alabama, "Omen" or "Arg". C4bombexpert will call me Arg. I'll be calling him Dorf.

Questions for you:

Are y'all clustered up in a town or in separate villages/homesteads

If the former, would y'all respect one's desire to progress caveman at least iron age unaided?

Do folks here use any VOIP servers?

Do you count extended absenses in terms of weeks or days?

Thanks!

To answer your questions in descending order, I know a few guys had started a town at spawn location, but mostly players live in small groups. It's still slightly early for a full fledged town, but I know I myself and a few other groups would welcome you to join them if you were interested.

I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem progressing on your own, and we do have some generous souls on the server, but nothing would be forced upon you.

Like Home said in his comment above, he has a radical group setup, but for the most part we're a very laid back group and tend to stick to chat when needed.

As for being removed from the whitelist, I only expect that you would leave me a message through the TFC forums here or my reddit stating if you're going to be absent for a number of weeks. I would only remove a player after a month of no communications or activity has gone by.

Minecraft Username: mandrac

Why would you like to join?: To play terra firma un multiplayer (duh) and also because i'd like to play minecraft in a cooperative way. Most of the time when i play in multiplayer, everyone is doing his stuff as far as possible from other people at the other side of the map... it's kind of boring.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: I bought minecraft back in alpha and have been playing terrafirma since the very early stage of development

Any additional information that might help your case: I'm online prety much every day and can play at any hour. I just want to play terra firma in multiplayer lol what else can i say...

Time zone, location, name(*Optional): I'm european

Minecraft Username: std555

Why would you like to join?:I enjoy Terrafirmacraft and building a nice Acacia cabin, but i would enjoy it more if i played with a friendly community and was also able to help in that community.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?:I have done everything up to the bronze age but i got bored of being alone and unable to play with other people. I have played since Beta stages of minecraft and have spent more time playing minecraft than most people.

Any additional information that might help your case:I enjoy helping newer people as well as building homesteads and cooking. I would like work together in TFC with a safe and reliable server to have fun with this awesome mod.

Time zone, location, name(*Optional):I live in South-Africa UTC+02:00

Minecraft Username:Thwarsole6005

Why would you like to join?: To play on a reliable terrafirmacraft server with my brother and to join a community

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?:Ive been playing minecraft since alpha and know how to craft anything and everything on vanilla and i know how to  craft things up to bronze in terrafirmacraft and still learning new 
recipes.

Any additional information that might help your case:
 Id like to survive and advance through the world of terrafirmacraft  with my bro(PureEnvelope35)and maby other people if i get lucky.In time id like to become familiar with most recipes and  all in all i hopefully just wanna have fun playing on this awesome mod on a safe,friendly and reliable server. It would also be great if i could actually get involved in this community and possibly help others if i ever get the chance to do so.Also having read the previous posts,i can see that there are quite a few that share the same idea as me which is technically the answer to Omen kaizer's questions so if i get accepted,that'll be fantastic.Ive tried one other tfc server which was happydiggers but things are way too messed up there so hopefully this one will be a lot more worth my time and effort.

thanks

Time zone, location, name(*Optional): Amman, Jordan 

Minecraft Username: xXTungThaiXx

Why would you like to join?: Terrafirmcraft is a great mod for mc but playing alone in the whole wide world is not really fun for me , i wish to      join this server to give me experian about playing terrafirmacraft:)

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?:I have playing along with mineraft for really long time and this is the only game I play on PC ( I dont have Xbox or PS to play with ).

- Terrafirmcraft is a great mod for mc but playing alone in the whole wide world is not really fun for me , i wish to      join this server to give    me experian about playing terrafirmacraft:) 

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?:

-I have playing along with mineraft for really long time and this is the only game I play on PC ( I dont have Xbox or PS to play with ).

-With Terrafirmcraft it is a whole new experian for me (all tho i have playing it for like a month all ready)

-Not really know what else to say but I am is a hardworker in game like granding stuffs and mostly mining ore ( Just in TFC most likely )

- Terrafirmcraft is a great mod for mc but playing alone in the whole wide world is not really fun for me , i wish to      join this server to give    me experian about playing terrafirmacraft:) 

-I have playing along with mineraft for really long time and this is the only game I play on PC ( I dont have Xbox or PS to play with ).

-With Terrafirmcraft it is a whole new experian for me (all tho i have playing it for like a month all ready)

-Not really know what else to say but I am is a hardworker in game like granding stuffs and mostly mining ore ( Just in TFC most likely )

Age: 23    Minecraft Username: mandrac    Why would you like to join?: To play terra firma un multiplayer (duh) and also because i'd like to play minecraft in a cooperative way. Most of the time when i play in multiplayer, everyone is doing his stuff as far as possible from other people at the other side of the map... it's kind of boring.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: I bought minecraft back in alpha and have been playing terrafirma since the very early stage of development

Any additional information that might help your case: I'm online prety much every day and can play at any hour. I just want to play terra firma in multiplayer lol what else can i say...    Time zone, location, name(*Optional): I'm european

Sorry mate, not quite up to par. Denied.

Minecraft Username: std555

Why would you like to join?:I enjoy Terrafirmacraft and building a nice Acacia cabin, but i would enjoy it more if i played with a friendly community and was also able to help in that community.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?:I have done everything up to the bronze age but i got bored of being alone and unable to play with other people. I have played since Beta stages of minecraft and have spent more time playing minecraft than most people.

Any additional information that might help your case:I enjoy helping newer people as well as building homesteads and cooking. I would like work together in TFC with a safe and reliable server to have fun with this awesome mod.

Time zone, location, name(*Optional):I live in South-Africa UTC+02:00

Minecraft Username:Thwarsole6005

Why would you like to join?: To play on a reliable terrafirmacraft server with my brother and to join a community

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?:Ive been playing minecraft since alpha and know how to craft anything and everything on vanilla and i know how to  craft things up to bronze in terrafirmacraft and still learning new recipes.

Id like to survive and advance through the world of terrafirmacraft  with my bro(PureEnvelope35)and maby other people if i get lucky.In time id like to become familiar with most recipes and  all in all i hopefully just wanna have fun playing on this awesome mod on a safe,friendly and reliable server. It would also be great if i could actually get involved in this community and possibly help others if i ever get the chance to do so.Also having read the previous posts,i can see that there are quite a few that share the same idea as me which is technically the answer to Omen kaizer's questions so if i get accepted,that'll be fantastic.Ive tried one other tfc server which was happydiggers but things are way too messed up there so hopefully this one will be a lot more worth my time and effort.

thanks

Time zone, location, name(*Optional): Amman, Jordan 

I appreciate you guys applying here, but I just don't think you would fit in with the older community base we have currently on the server. I know there is many other good servers out there on the TFC forums, so hopefully you can give those a shot! Thanks again for applying, but denied.

Sorry, denied.

Sorry mate, not quite up to par. Denied.

how's that "not quite up to par" ?

why are you denieing everyone now btw?

Age:25    Minecraft Username:orionofalbion    Why would you like to join?:I want to join a small, friendly community to enjoy some multiplayer and get to know people. SP gets rather boring and lonely after a while. :P

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: I am learning the basics of TFC I LOVE IT! And I have been playing Minecraft for a few years now. Play mostly SP since I don't have friends who play MC; but love to build and learn all the time! Also played some mods including Crackpack, Attack of the B Team, little bit of Skyblocks etc,

Any additional information that might help your case: I am a very helpful and friendly gamer!! I give advice and ideas, and love to receive any ideas or tips as well! I love to meet new people and respect rules; they are there for a reason. I hate drama, griefers and thieves. I play often, at least and hour or more everyday. I feel like I could bring a little humor to the server, as well as a get-it-done attitude. I don't mind doing the day to day grind; and love to be the guy who just gathers resources or explores for the group!!    Time zone, location, name(*Optional):Pacific, Washington State

how's that "not quite up to par" ?

why are you denieing everyone now btw?

Your application consisted of very brief answers, on top of which there was little to no punctuation or literacy, of course I'm not trying to discriminate against people who don't speak english as there native language, just didn't see the same effort put forth into your application. Your answers were nothing out of the ordinary, and if I were to accept all "just decent" applications the server would become over crowded, therefore I must stick to top quality applications only.

Age:25    Minecraft Username:orionofalbion    Why would you like to join?:I want to join a small, friendly community to enjoy some multiplayer and get to know people. SP gets rather boring and lonely after a while. :P

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: I am learning the basics of TFC I LOVE IT! And I have been playing Minecraft for a few years now. Play mostly SP since I don't have friends who play MC; but love to build and learn all the time! Also played some mods including Crackpack, Attack of the B Team, little bit of Skyblocks etc,

Any additional information that might help your case: I am a very helpful and friendly gamer!! I give advice and ideas, and love to receive any ideas or tips as well! I love to meet new people and respect rules; they are there for a reason. I hate drama, griefers and thieves. I play often, at least and hour or more everyday. I feel like I could bring a little humor to the server, as well as a get-it-done attitude. I don't mind doing the day to day grind; and love to be the guy who just gathers resources or explores for the group!!    Time zone, location, name(*Optional):Pacific, Washington State

Sounds like you would fit in nicely, accepted and added to the whitelist.

Sorry , why did i been denied ?

Your application was nothing out of the ordinary, unfortunately I can only accept top quality applicants. Appreciate your application, thanks for applying.

Your application consisted of very brief answers, on top of which there was little to no punctuation or literacy, of course I'm not trying to discriminate against people who don't speak english as there native language, just didn't see the same effort put forth into your application. Your answers were nothing out of the ordinary, and if I were to accept all "just decent" applications the server would become over crowded, therefore I must stick to top quality applications only.

I'm dyslexic AND my native language is not english too so yeah you are discriminating in my opinion.

What make you think people who write better are better in general? 

What should i have write to make you accept me on your server? A giant wall of text of a few things said in 10 deferent way to artificially make me look fancy? Or just the truth? I'm not lieing i just want to play coop terrafirma what else should i say lol. 

I'm dyslexic AND my native language is not english too so yeah you are discriminating in my opinion.

What make you think people who write better are better in general? 

What should i have write to make you accept me on your server? A giant wall of text of a few things said in 10 deferent way to artificially make me look fancy? Or just the truth? I'm not lieing i just want to play coop terrafirma what else should i say lol. 

Alright, just relax (I truly do mean this in a friendly manner). I want you to know my decision won't change, your application was denied. For more reasons then one, I'm not going to respond to your questions, I don't want to perpetuate an argument that means nothing when my decision won't be swayed. I'm feeling an aggressive vibe from you, and I'm a pretty laid back guy, so I don't feel the need to rebuttal my opinions. That's all this is incase you didn't already know when you first applied, it's me judging applicants based on my opinion, as I have created the server and the servers ideals. That being said, I would very much appreciate this conversation coming to an end. Again, I appreciate you applying on our server, and I hope you can find another server on the TFC forums that will better suit you.

I appreciate you guys applying here, but I just don't think you would fit in with the older community base we have currently on the server. I know there is many other good servers out there on the TFC forums, so hopefully you can give those a shot! Thanks again for applying, but denied.

I'm sure i would,most of my friends are 18 and 19 and if only you could interview me face to face,then i would be able to prove myself,please just give us a shot and if anyone complains then kick us off  the server. Im an austrian who lives in Jordan(I've never met anyone who plays mc here)and im just trying to play terrafirmacraft with my brother who lives half a world away,in South Africa.

Please take these things into consideration

best regards,

Bedis

I'm sure i would,most of my friends are 18 and 19 and if only you could interview me face to face,then i would be able to prove myself,please just give us a shot and if anyone complains then kick us off  the server. Im an austrian who lives in Jordan(I've never met anyone who plays mc here)and im just trying to play terrafirmacraft with my brother who lives half a world away,in South Africa.

Please take these things into consideration

best regards,

Bedis

I highly recommend some of the other fantastic servers on the forums here, there really are some better suited ones for you guys I guarantee. My decision is final, but I truly do appreciate your guy's honesty and I thank you for applying with us on Barbaric Survival.

Best of luck,

Cheerios