Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Tris514

[0.79.17] Barbaric Survival - Vanilla TFC Server | New Map - Jan 3rd | Whitelist - Closed

706 posts in this topic

Hey, I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I noticed the server tends to go down every 2-3 days, and usually goes back up sometime in the next evening (for me at least, I'm EST). Is there a way to set up a daily auto restart so it doesn't always wait till somebody with access notices that it's down?

Hey, I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I noticed the server tends to go down every 2-3 days, and usually goes back up sometime in the next evening (for me at least, I'm EST). Is there a way to set up a daily auto restart so it doesn't always wait till somebody with access notices that it's down?

Currently it's set up to auto restart every 24 hours, though I can make it more frequent. It's not like restarts take long and it's better then it being down for multiple hours I suppose, so I will change that right now. Thanks for brining that up.

Age: *16    Minecraft Username: Fredgar    Why would you like to join?: This looks like the best server out there.    What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: I have played on 2 TFC servers and watched a few videos on it.    Any additional information that would help your case: Nope    Time zone, location, name(*Optional): GMT, UK, Jake

Minecraft Username: CronicX007

Why would you like to join?: Terrafirmacraft is best played with others.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: Couple of hours spent in game (TerraFirmaCraft) Watched Plenty of Lets Play videos. 

Any additional information that would help your case: Looking for a good community to "Nerd" out with 

Currently it's set up to auto restart every 24 hours, though I can make it more frequent. It's not like restarts take long and it's better then it being down for multiple hours I suppose, so I will change that right now. Thanks for brining that up

Awesome. I know, as fun as TFC is, it isn't always the most stable.

Btw if your wondering how much I look forward to playing TFC on a server then you should know I have been Refreshing this Page for the last 2 Hours and 25 Minuets waiting to be White-listed :P 

Minecraft Username: Darkslayer14202

Why would you like to join?: I want to play on this server because i hate playing alone, it is more fun playing with people, but other servers has too much people in it and its crowded, so i would like to go on a whitelist server, also recently vanilla Minecraft is boring, i need more challenge and new experience in minecraft, so im playing TerraFirmaCraft.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?:                                                       I had played Terrafirmacraft for 2 months and i know how to craft, knap, make a forge, a barn, breed animals, farming, nutrients in soil, fighting monsters and making charcoal from log piles. I also played vanilla MInecraft for a while, i played from MInecraft 1.4.7 until Minecraft 1.7.5, i had been a Admin on a cracked Minecraft server, but that server is closed, it was BarrackzCraft i think. i mostly played on servers for Vanilla Minecraft, but it is boring and i want a new experience.

Any additional information that would help your case: I want to share ideas, sharing knowledge to newbies, and build stuff and make friends to fill up my summer holidays.

Time zone, location, name: My time zone is UTC+08:00 and My location is in Central indonesia, Bali, My name is Milo.  :) 

note: Sorry for my bad english and grammar errors, im indonesian and im improving my english ^_^ 

Sorry, denied.

Minecraft Username: Connor112

Why would you like to join?: I really like playing TFC and it is even better when playing with other people, unfortunately the previous server I played on got shut down, so now I need a new server to be apart of.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: I have maybe 2 weeks of experience with TFC but years of experience with minecraft

Any additional information that would help your case: I am pretty good at TFC and enjoy working with other people to accomplish harder tasks 

Unfortunately I'm going to have to deny.

Age: *16    Minecraft Username: Fredgar    Why would you like to join?: This looks like the best server out there.    What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: I have played on 2 TFC servers and watched a few videos on it.    Any additional information that would help your case: Nope    Time zone, location, name(*Optional): GMT, UK, Jake

Sorry, denied.

Minecraft Username: CronicX007

Why would you like to join?: Terrafirmacraft is best played with others.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: Couple of hours spent in game (TerraFirmaCraft) Watched Plenty of Lets Play videos. 

Any additional information that would help your case: Looking for a good community to "Nerd" out with 

Maybe if you could expand on this application, it's quite brief and nothing in particular stands out. Denied for now, give it another go! :)

Take 2 

Minecraft Username: CronicX007

Why would you like to join?:  I'm looking for a group of like minded people to experience the way MineCraft was really meant to be played. I am against greifing and stealing as they diminish the value of game-play and this server supports/enforces these core values. 

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: Couple of hours spent in game (TerraFirmaCraft). Have been playing MineCraft since Alpha, Lost touch with vanilla over the past six months or so as it became a repetitive and boring.  

Any additional information that would help your case: Just an average caveman looking to make his way out of the Stone age. 

EST Michigan. 

Take 2 

Minecraft Username: CronicX007

Why would you like to join?:  I'm looking for a group of like minded people to experience the way MineCraft was really meant to be played. I am against greifing and stealing as they diminish the value of game-play and this server supports/enforces these core values. 

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: Couple of hours spent in game (TerraFirmaCraft). Have been playing MineCraft since Alpha, Lost touch with vanilla over the past six months or so as it became a repetitive and boring.  

Any additional information that would help your case: Just an average caveman looking to make his way out of the Stone age. 

EST Michigan. 

Awesome, accepted.

Minecraft Username: Powerman913717

Why would you like to join?: I'm looking to join a nice server, with a good community.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: I've been minecraft since 2012, I've started with mods in early 2013. However I'm very new to TFC, I've been playing in single player to learn the game better, I now know most of the gameplay, but I could learn more.

Any additional information that would help your case: I know that I'm young, and I know you're looking for an older group of players. However, I'm very mature for my age, I'm in almost all honors classes, and I consider myself advanced compared to other kids I go to school with. I will be starting 9th grade this upcoming fall.

Sorry if this sounds a bit stuck up, but I couldn't think of a another way to make my case good.

Hmm Food is going to be very tricky... Is there a way to adjust the decay rate? 

The Server owner could stop decay on the server, but that would be no fun.

Option 1, once you get yourself started you can build a storage room. Make it really deep underground. 

Option 2, is build a tower that goes really high were the temp. drops(F3 Displays this) and store you extra food up there.

Option 3, is to live in along the equator, you can grow food year round, but your food will decay faster.(Equator is at Z=0 in that general area)

Currently food decay is set to not decay in unloaded chunks, so as long as you're in an area where there's not much traffic your food shouldn't decay while you're not online.

Minecraft Username: HomemChocolate

Why would you like to join?: I very much like the activity WetCheerios is showing here in the forums and the way he seems to run the server. I also am looking for the exact rules he advertises. I like to play TFC as a group, helping others by trading or by living together, and am not, in any way, looking for griefing or stealing. I like to build and gather and now and then slap peoples' butts.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: I've played Minecraft for the longest time. Don't remember if it was since Alpha or Beta - that's how long it has been. I've played TFC back in October in a server I was hosting with about 4-5 active people.

Any additional information that would help your case: I make great cookies. I think I've said enough before :) I may also bring a friend or 2 if I'm accepted.

Time zone, location, name(*Optional): GMT, from Portugal, name's Ricardo.

Well I dont know if the applications are still open or not but here goes anyway

Minecraft Username: RippingSpirit

Why would you like to join?: I have found that if i try and play things by myself i get bored very quickly but when playing on a server the energy of something new lasts so much longer and i have greatly enjoyed Single player and i don't want this desire to play to burnout.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: I haven't been playing TerraFirmaCraft long but I have been playing Minecraft for a few years I've done a lot of modded Minecraft and Vanilla alike. I have played on many servers even and was even mod/admin on one none of which I still really play I'll log on once in a while just to say hi to some old friends. I'm one of those people that like to make giant builds like castles or mountains in the sky and enjoy almost all of Minecraft just to enjoy it.

Any additional information that would help your case: Although i live in Alberta, Canada i work nights so my days/nights are about 11 hours later than normal.

Time zone, location, name: I believe its GMT-7 could be wrong, Which is as stated above Alberta, Canada, Everyone online calls me "Rip" or "Spirit" i don't really have a preference  

I dont know if i was just missed or if deliberations are in the works but i noticed a couple were accepted and some denied after my post and just bringing it up incase you missed it

Have a good day/night/whatever time you want 

xD 

~RippingSpirit

I dont know if i was just missed or if deliberations are in the works but i noticed a couple were accepted and some denied after my post and just bringing it up incase you missed it

Have a good day/night/whatever time you want 

xD 

~RippingSpirit

Yet another application I meant to come back to and forgot. Sorry, yes I was planning on accepting you so you have been added to the whitelist.

Minecraft Username: HomemChocolate

Why would you like to join?: I very much like the activity WetCheerios is showing here in the forums and the way he seems to run the server. I also am looking for the exact rules he advertises. I like to play TFC as a group, helping others by trading or by living together, and am not, in any way, looking for griefing or stealing. I like to build and gather and now and then slap peoples' butts.

What previous experience do you have with TerraFirmaCraft and Minecraft in general?: I've played Minecraft for the longest time. Don't remember if it was since Alpha or Beta - that's how long it has been. I've played TFC back in October in a server I was hosting with about 4-5 active people.

Any additional information that would help your case: I make great cookies. I think I've said enough before :) I may also bring a friend or 2 if I'm accepted.

Time zone, location, name(*Optional): GMT, from Portugal, name's Ricardo.

I do apologies, whitelisting closed yesterday, though the new "Activity Policy" should reduce the mass amount of whitelisted members that aren't active, so I may open back up in a few days or so, depending on how active the server is.

Shame... I was quite excited to finally make my application and join. I guess I'll stick around and wait. Thank you.

****Update: Now, I know the server has been running out of juice as of late and crashing from time to time due to OOM Errors (and some other random issues), so if all goes to plan I should be able to host on a new, more permanent server with better specs (Basically just an upgrade). Now I'm not sure if these crashes are scaring community members away, but for the amount of people whitelisted there sure isn't a whole lot of activity on the server. This change should happen within the month, and I can't promise anything but let me know you're thoughts and support for it so I can be sure this is the right decision as servers can be costly.

Let me know what you think, this is a quote to the main post.

Shame... I was quite excited to finally make my application and join. I guess I'll stick around and wait. Thank you.

Please do stick around, I would accept but I would rather get the server running in top condition before accepting more apps, things aren't as professional as I would like them to be right now due to my finishing of school and little amount of time and resources I have at the moment.

Have you tried using MCPC+ and/or World Border plugin? I've been running MCPC+ this week on my 2 man server and it goes really smoothly on my crap laptop. Pre generating the map should help too, whenever someone goes out exploring it generally makes it lag quite a lot.

And yeah, no worries.