Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DcNdrew

Forge, well, vertical slabs?

7 posts in this topic

I had some ideas, but I didn't know if I could open three topics for them or just this one. So...

First: Google, select images, type: forge. Now in TFC if you use forge, you have to "lay" on the side, because a whole block is so wide. A vertical (cobble)stone slab should be enough. Even perfect. How do you make it without saw? Well, two stones vertically? Chiselled block would be good as well, but I think that's a bit more complicated. Based on the type of the original block which shouldn't be wood for example...

Well, if I'm talking about forge and it's need of air... Turn it upside down, and make it search for water for work? What did you get? A well! (here was a topic about this, but it's not in the list of suggestions)

With prospector's pick you can search for water (why not? It's an idea based on the game: Settlers). Dig down. When you reach the water, climb out. Make a circle around the hole by (cobble)stone. Put two (vertical) support beams on the cobblestones at the opposite sides. Take a (horizontal) support beam and craft it with 8 ropes. Put this rod between the two support beams, and Voilá! You've got a well. Click on it with a bucket, click on the rod, and the bucket is down. Click on it again and the bucket is up, filled with water. Shift click, you'll get the water.

First: Google, select images, type: forge. Now in TFC if you use forge, you have to "lay" on the side, because a whole block is so wide. A vertical (cobble)stone slab should be enough. Even perfect. How do you make it without saw? Well, two stones vertically? Chiselled block would be good as well, but I think that's a bit more complicated. Based on the type of the original block which shouldn't be wood for example...

Um, what? I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, or suggesting. If I do a google search for forge and select images.. I see images of stuff that vaguely look the forge that is already in game. And what do you mean about having to "lay" on the side to use a forge? Could you clarify please? This is horribly confusing.

Maybe I used wrong word? Lay, lie, like in bed. :D

Kitty: The forge block itself is too far away.

A human arm is about a half meter. The block between the forge and you is one meter. If I want to put a tool or weapon part in the forge with one meter wide side, in real life I had to lean on the block. Lay on it.Those forges on pictures has thin sides because you can reach the charcoal so. I'm playing like I'm in the game, and I "feel" that I can't reach the forge. It's uncomfortable. Not to mention it uses too many space.

Sometimes I write and spoke from my feelings and how did I came to a conclusion and that may be confusng. Sorry for that. :D

A solution to that would be to increase your FOV, so that 1 block directly in front of you doesn't look like such a long distance.. and to get the idea out of your head that 1 block always equals 1 meter.

A solution to that would be to increase your FOV, so that 1 block directly in front of you doesn't look like such a long distance.. and to get the idea out of your head that 1 block always equals 1 meter.

As I know even the Minecraft itself count one block wide as 1 meter. I'm not at home, but I saw the statistics and there are so. Oh, and it's not about what I think. It's about how it looks like, how much space does it use for work.

How could that be resolved? Stone slabs or covers, or some rethink of the chiselled block so you can use it for forge. As a used to be coder (I'm now at IT, with little need of coding) I know it's not that easy, but in my perspective it's not so hard either.

or, you can put the forge in the ground, and step on the block that makes up the side of the forge

The google translate is strong with this one...