Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
mattockman

still can't find chickens :(

14 posts in this topic

I know this has been a reported issue but I've played 78.14 for hours and I haven't seen a single chicken. I thought pheasants had replaced them until I saw the wiki mention them. I might of heard a rooster once but I didn't see anything.

Can anyone help?

With the addition of pheasants, chickens will only spawn in the jungle now.

thank you. I found something weird since writing. I have a screenshot but I do not know how to upload it (I tried just pasting it here but the forum wouldn't let me).

I found chickens in a willow forest (jungle) that only had yellow outlines. The only way I could tell that they were chickens and not pheasants was because they showed up on zan's minimap as yellow chickens.

Is this a known bug? How can I show you the screenshot?

Those are actually baby pheasants, which have no model yet, and as such default as chickens on Zan's.

I was also quite confused about this since the wiki doesn't mention pheasants at all yet - I suggest creating that page to clear things up for those poor new players trying to get their eggs...

ok thanks. so how do I find a jungle? I read the temperature has to be 28+ degrees but the F3 info gives three different temperatures. which one do I use to work out if I'm in a jungle or not?

Jungle are made of kapok and acacia. They kind of look like vanilla jungle. Temp is not important, latitude is.

Jungle are made of kapok and acacia. They kind of look like vanilla jungle. Temp is not important, latitude is.

Temperature is still extremely important, as the conditions for the mob spawning is based off of the temperature and rainfall. It just so happens that those trees have the ability to spawn in the same climate that chickens spawn in, but it isn't a requirement for those trees to be around for the climate to be "jungle" enough for the chickens to spawn.

ok thanks. so how do I find a jungle? I read the temperature has to be 28+ degrees but the F3 info gives three different temperatures. which one do I use to work out if I'm in a jungle or not?

Temperature must be >=23 and <43, and rainfall must be > 1500. The temperature value on the F3 menu that you should be looking at is the Average Biome Temp.

thanks so much. I've got to tell you that this mod is the most awesome I've played. now for a chicken quest....

Try heading toward the equator. If you see deserts, it means you are in the right latitude zone. Also play with your sound turned on, chickens can get hidden in the jungle leaves, but you can find them by their clucking. Remember, you don't need a rooster to find eggs, just hens, but you need a rooster to multiply your population.

Try heading toward the equator. If you see deserts, it means you are in the right latitude zone. Also play with your sound turned on, chickens can get hidden in the jungle leaves, but you can find them by their clucking. Remember, you don't need a rooster to find eggs, just hens, but you need a rooster to multiply your population.

I don't think deserts have anything to do with this. A desert is just an area with low precipitation, take Antarctica for example. I've even seen areas of sand at -25k...while it was snowing. :P So sand in TFC definitely doesn't associate with being hot or even dry. I second the chicken noises. The roosters' crows are very loud!

I found a couple of chickens in a swamp biome, so maybe it's a bit random. At least they were white birds, like vanilla chickens.

I found a couple of chickens in a swamp biome, so maybe it's a bit random. At least they were white birds, like vanilla chickens.

Well, they did say

Temperature is still extremely important, as the conditions for the mob spawning is based off of the temperature and rainfall. 

So I don't think it's random, the swamp just had the temperature and rainfall that the chickens needed to spawn