Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Scintille

[Solved] Serios frame rate drops

16 posts in this topic

Veery annoying.

Ok, I made a new world. (TFC .15).

And when i run to new chunks, I got frame rate drops. Prety annoying.

How it looks - i am runnig. Then i got 0 FPC for about a second or two. After that game is running normaly, but when I'm exploring new chunks that shit repeats.

I was looking for chickens (by the way, where the hell they are?). For 2-3 minutes of sprinting i got about 20 drops. Sometimes the occurs a lot more often.

This is my "mods" screen

Posted Image

Im usind default config files and everything else.

Minecraft is using about 40% of memory (4 gigs max).

PS: This shit happens even on "Fast" graphics!

This is my options screen 

Posted Image

PPS Sorry, i dont know how to make spoilers(

And sorry, if my lanhuage is bad( English is not my native language

I'm not sure what it is about chunk generation that is slowing you down so much, but if you install optifine (I think 1.6.4 HD C6 is the latest version that works with TFC) then you can at least adjust the "Chunk Updates per Frame" to 1 or 2. This will prevent significant framedrops, but the tradeoff is that it will take more time before new chunks are loaded.

Also - i lowered render distance to minimum and this is still happenning.

Optifine.. I dont know. I was playing TFC .00 to .08 without this problem.

I tried removing unnesesary mods (like map) and this is stil happening

From the 78.10 Changelog:

• Inverted vanilla minecraft chunk rendering via core mod so that it renders from the top down instead of bottom up. I expect this to provide a large performance boost as well as clearing up a number of chunk loading bugs that have existed since the dawn of TFC time. Most specifically, you should no longer see the caves at the bottom of the world before the surface of the world has had time to render.

I'm guessing that this change made it so that your computer has a harder time running TFC. If you install optifine, this change doesn't take place, so you should go back to the same framerate, if not better, that you had before 78.10

Oh, Thank you! I'll instal optifine now. This will disable top to down chunk loading automaticly?

Also - thats wierd. My comp is pretty good - I can run modern games, like Battlefield 4 on high options with 40-50 fpc.

I know, that minecraft is pretty bad at optimisation, but i thought my comp will hadle it..

By the way - my videocard is nvidia, maybe that is the problem

Try turning off VSync, I've had issues before that were solved by that.

Another thing to try is running a server on the same machine, then connecting to that in multiplayer mode (use 127.0.0.1 as the address). I used to do that with my old computer which helped a lot.

Doesn't TFC run off of forge now? I can't seem to use mods, when I use optifine..

Doesn't TFC run off of forge now? I can't seem to use mods, when I use optifine..

Optifine has been extremely compatible with forge since 1.6.2_C4, you just install forge as usual and drop optifine in the mods folder alongside all your other mods.

Optifine has been extremely compatible with forge since 1.6.2_C4, you just install forge as usual and drop optifine in the mods folder alongside all your other mods.

I tried all versions past C6 even with the patch and none of them work with TFC. The most recent one i tried that worked was C6. It's weird because only tfc has these problems, none of the other mods i've used do.

I tried all versions past C6 even with the patch and none of them work with TFC. The most recent one i tried that worked was C6. It's weird because only tfc has these problems, none of the other mods i've used do.

How are you installing optifine? Are you messing around with the minecraft jar and all that jazz, or just putting it in the mods folder? Have you tried doing it with a fresh Minecraft install incase you ever installed it the weird way in the past?

I don't know what you tell you. Optifine works just fine with forge and TFC for 90+% of our players. The other 10% in my experience just made a mistake when installing it.

I'm sticking optifine in the mods folder since it's a forge compatible jar. And yea i tried with a fresh minecraft install. Versions past C6 don't work

Here's a screenshot of my mods screen on my install showing that they work just fine. I honestly don't know what you're doing wrong that it isnt' working.

Posted Image

Hmm i redownloaded the newest version and it worked. Guess the version I had got corrupted somehow

Thank you!

I installed optifine D1 and lag disapears!

You can close this thread)

Thank you!

I installed optifine D1 and lag disapears!

You can close this thread)

i would of suggested turn off vsync.. wouldnt of had to install optifine....

Vsync doesnt work for me. I tried.

But still - thanks)