Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
misinnyo

New things

7 posts in this topic

So, I think you should make the mod EVEN more like to life. The problem is in minecraft: cows. You can bread the cows, right? In real life, they are all female. They make babies with bulls. Maybe you should add bulls into the game.Also, you should make the mountains more chancelikely to get some good resources. Like in real life.A cool idea, which might be stupid, and impossible to give into the game, but:Some materials come from 10mil- 25mil years ago, etc. Some from 60mil- 80 mil, etc. It would be so good if those materials were separated. 

Take a good look at the cows in TFC. I mean spawn in a whole bunch of them and actually look at them.

You'll notice that some of them have udders and short horns, while other ones have no udders and long horns. Guess which one is the bull?

All of the TFC animals already have gender values, and can only be bred with animals of the opposite gender.

This post breaks so many written and unwritten rules... It's not even in the right forum section! (Suggestions). Anyways, what Kitty said.

And I'm sorry but I can't resist making this joke.

[deep southern accent] Da bulls are the ones that gert mad when you try to milk them! [/deep southern accent]

I think what he might mean is to change the texture so it looks more like a bull with brown skin?

No meant add the bulls. Note that he said

"Maybe you should add bulls into the game."

Not, "Maybe you should make the bulls look more like bulls"

And a question for misinnyo.

I don't mean to be rude, but "Some materials come from 10mil- 25mil years ago, etc. Some from 60mil- 80 mil, etc. It would be so good if those materials were separated"

Well, if you mean bronze, iron, steel. that stuff, what separates them is not time, but the lack of knowledge to make them.

Bronze was one of the earliest tool metals, and steel is a bit of a recent thing, but things needed to make both bronze and steel both existed for the same amount of time, people just didn't have the knowledge to make it. How will you separate them? 

And a question for misinnyo.

I don't mean to be rude, but "Some materials come from 10mil- 25mil years ago, etc. Some from 60mil- 80 mil, etc. It would be so good if those materials were separated"

Well, if you mean bronze, iron, steel. that stuff, what separates them is not time, but the lack of knowledge to make them.

Bronze was one of the earliest tool metals, and steel is a bit of a recent thing, but things needed to make both bronze and steel both existed for the same amount of time, people just didn't have the knowledge to make it. How will you separate them? 

Neither are recent, both are quite ancient, and relatively speaking, both brand new to the human species, and old as dirt to human civilization.

We produced steel in bloomeries in parts of Africa and the Near East around the time the Europeans at-large were entering the Bronze Age (excepting isolated areas that were ahead of the curve)

Steel in its simplest form is just iron with carbon impurities, a lot like early bronzes were just copper with arsenic impurities. The alloys were natural products of imperfect smelting.

Ultimately, this just confirms exactly what you said: Time is not the deciding factor, simply knowledge. If only the ancients had had wiki.