Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
hoseja

Hot Springs - accelerate healing?

15 posts in this topic

I heard this suggested on a server I play on and I really liked the idea. Sitting in hot spring should slightly accelerate the rate at which player heals. Now I know this is presumptious of me, but considering sitting in fresh water replenishes thirst meter, this doesn't seem impossible to implement. I think it would be a nice feature that doesn't clash with theme of TFC!

maybe sitting in a hot spring for X many hours could set your spawn point?

I am curious as to see what use these unintentional death traps could be coded for.

I was thinking hot springs could provide a better source of drinking water considering the higher temperature and higher mineral content.

I suppose hot springs could be used for a visual cue for something in the area that might be pertinent; such as magma/lava.

Bioxx wanted to add a regeneration effect to hot springs, he just keeps forgetting to do it.

The use of hot springs (other than showing that the area is seismically active) will be much more important when body temperature is involved... and you're wandering around in the dead of winter almost frozen to death.

I can not wait to discover this new body temperature system  ^_^

Kittychanley, what do you mean by seismically active? thank you.

If an area is seismically active, there will be fissures, hot springs, lava pools on the surface, and lava oceans down near bedrock. You can check if an area is seismically active by opening up the F3 menu and checking the Stability value. If it is 0, the area has no activity. Eventually this system may be expanded to include things such as earth quakes, or volcanoes.

Yeah Volcanoes! and maybe wherever there is a volcano there is rich, fertile soil near it.

Will make me feel like home, I live in a city surrounded by 4 active volcanoes, and if we're unlucky we receive ash clouds from south of the country :P

If an area is seismically active, there will be fissures, hot springs, lava pools on the surface, and lava oceans down near bedrock. You can check if an area is seismically active by opening up the F3 menu and checking the Stability value. If it is 0, the area has no activity. Eventually this system may be expanded to include things such as earth quakes, or volcanoes.

Muuuuusiiiic to my ears! La, lalalala! :))))Also @juan that's crazy intense. Hardcore man.

The use of hot springs (other than showing that the area is seismically active) will be much more important when body temperature is involved... and you're wandering around in the dead of winter almost frozen to death.

Or you could be wandering around in desert at the height of summer when you fall in and scald yourself to death

Or you could be wandering around in desert at the height of summer when you fall in and scald yourself to death

Now that's thinking like a TFC player! ;)"Let's take this relaxing hot springs idea and then add death by scalding!!!"I like the way you think...

Now that's thinking like a TFC player! ;)"Let's take this relaxing hot springs idea and then add death by scalding!!!"I like the way you think...

This is even worse than the ravines that are everywhere. Instead of a quick, "wtf?", death, it's an "Oh, NO, NO, NO, NO!!! Kimbblesrath burned in a hot spring." kind of death. It's the difference between knowing that you died after your death and knowing you're going to die soon with no way to stop/prevent it before your death. Inevitable, slow deaths are much better than surprise fall deaths. ;) 

Curious off topic question: Why are there so many ravines? Is this intentional or a little quirk of world gen that turned out fine?

Instead of a quick, "wtf?", death, it's an "Oh, NO, NO, NO, NO!!! Kimbblesrath burned in a hot spring." kind of death. It's the difference between knowing that you died after your death and knowing you're going to die soon with no way to stop/prevent it before your death. Inevitable, slow deaths are much better than surprise fall deaths. ;)

I can just see the slogan... "TerraFirmaCraft! We burn you to death! Slowly... And that's only the beginning. Muahahahaha!"Edit: that made me think, there is a lot of ways to die in TFC![offtopic]

Starving, dehydration, cobble/dirt to the face! (Merciful death) suffocation during cave in (slow, inevitable death), death by Undead and monsters, death by wild apex predators, death by "OH $#!7 the ground just caved into a deep underground ravine and I'm falling to my death!!!", being roasted alive by your first pit kiln being too close to the thatch walls of your newbie house (watch dunk's latest let's play ep 2, priceless!

:)) and soon perhaps boiling alive. Ironically I'd say "not for small children" but... Well... You know. [/offtopic]