Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
logiwan992

Why Can't I Make Bismuth Bronze?

8 posts in this topic

So I've tried just about everything I can think of to get Bismuth Bronze. Am I supposed to calculate the percentage of each metal by taking into account the units that each ore contains? I've tried doing it this way but every time I pit fire the ceramic vessel nothing happens. The ores are all still in there unsmelted. I don't know what to do at this point. Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Correct, you must add up the units contained in each piece of ore. How much of each metal did you use exactly?

I think this goes without saying but the percentage is based on the amount of units you put into the vessel as well. So if you're putting 160 units in, you'll have to base your math upon 160 units and trying to get that to be 20-30% zinc, 50-70% copper, 10-20% bismuth. Of course if you're at a number such as 160 you would have to store the remainder 60 units in an unshaped mold until you can get the remainder 40 units into the mold to create an ingot.

In other words, divide the amount of units for a specific ore by the total amount of units inside of the vessel to get the percentage, and then adjust. For example, say you have 60 units of copper in that 160 units, it'd be 60/160 = 0.375 (37.5%). That would mean you would have to remove some units of another type of ore until copper's within that 50-70%, and keep adjusting until all 3 ore types are at their respective percentages.

You can do any amount of units you'd like as long as the percentages are correct and it's all able to fit inside of that single vessel. Also, if you go over the percentage (say 70.5% for copper) I don't think it'll melt, so you want it below the maximum percentage or equal to it. I think there is some leeway but I haven't tested it (if there is, it's probably around or below .1% of the maximum percentage). Good luck. :)

Tell us what you have, and one or two things you've tried, and we can help you puzzle through what went wrong.

If you want a simple ratio you can use, use 6 copper 2 bismuth and 2 zinc. If you're using small ores this will result in exactly 1 ingot of bismuth bronze

some type of simple ratio calculator would be cool to have.  :D

I go by a ratio of 6-2-2 or 6 small copper ore, 2 small bismuth ore, and 2 small zinc ore in the pot to get one bismuth bronze ingot.

The 6-2-2 works as long as all 3 ores are the same size (all small, all poor, all normal, ore all rich)). If they are varying amounts, you have to do some math. The %ages refer to the metal units, not the number of ores. So 1 ingot of bismuth bronze must contain 10-20 units of bismuth, 20-30 of zinc, and 50-70 of copper. If you have varied ore sizes, you might have to do units of 500 or 700 to get whole number values. Or you could just stockpile the excess 5 units until you get 20 of them.