Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ziat007

A use for gems, Trinkets. More Equipment slots.

31 posts in this topic

Maybe you can add sliver to your weapons to help fight the undead. and maybe give the undead a little buff to make more worth having

However, I do think that gems should be able to be used for jewelery or encrusting armour and tools for ceremonial/for fun purposes only.

I love the idea of place able gems and wearable jewelry.

How many times have we had to help someone find their lost earring. It would be fun if gems and jewelry got nocked off when we where hit. I imagined placing gems or studs on your character using an F5 like UI, replacing a pixel or four, and jewelry items would stick them together by using blueprints on your character. Having a large number of possible places and bing hit only nocking off 10 of them would make small things like earrings safer and gem encrusted knights fighting a shower of riches. Jewelry create flare and status through multi player interaction not magic. Of corse gems would have to sparkle and shine to attract the attention of players and ... mobs.

A tinker construct way to make the tools and weapons would be awesome!

I didnt see this in this list up on the top so i thought i might say it.

It seems that gems currently don't have much of a use in TFC beside the chunk protecter. Even then, they have so much potential. here what i had in mind:

I was thinking of a jewelry skill. this would involve gem working to where you will be able to turn gems along with precious metals (copper,silver,gold,platinum) into rings, amulets ect. heres how it works in my head however i am not sure if it is programmable or not.

step 1: when mining you will sometimes come across an uncut gem instead of a random gem quality.

step 2: with a chisel you will cut the gem in your inventory or if the devs want to get fancy they can make a speacial gem cutting bench or something. depending on your skill as a jewelry making your chance of cutting a Chipped, Flawed, Normal, Flawless, or Exquisite gem will increase.

EG:

Novice Exquisite chance: 2% all other gems are 50% chance with a 48% chance of crushing the gem into dust which makes it useless thus removing it from inventory

Adept Exquisite chance: 4% all other gems 55% chance and a 41% chance to break

Expert Exquisite chance: 8% all other gems 60% chance and a 32% chance to break

Master Exquisite chance: 15% all other gems 70% chance and a 15% chance to break

step 3: you will then have to create a ring or amulet mold with the pit kiln (or better kiln ill explain later). like other molds you will have to nap the clay

Step 4: certain quality of gems will only work with certain metals

EG:

chipped and flawed gems may only be used with copper 

flawed and normal may only be used with silver

normal and flawless may only be used with gold

exquisite can only be used with platinum

step 5: place the gem in the fired and ready mold then pour the molten metal into the mold and cool it off. and you now have your jewelry... but there is more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Each gem when in Exquisite form and in a piece of jewelry (platinum rings or platinum amulets with an exquisite gem placed in it) have special effects

EG:

exquisite agate ring : increases forge feul efficiency by 20% (coal and charcoal last longer in a forge)

exquisite agate amulet: chance to set enemies on fire by 5%

exquisite amethyst ring: you regenerate health 25% when standing still (must stand still for 7 seconds)

exquisite amethyst amulet: you have 10% life steal (you damage a mob for 300 damage you get 30 hp back)

exquisite Beryl ring: you can hold your breath 50% longer underwater

exquisite Beryl amulet: you can swim 50% faster in water (without a boat, does not apply when in a boat)

exquisite Diamond ring: you are 10% more resistant to physical damadge

exquisite Diamond amulet: your attacks do 10% more damage (if you do 100 damage normally you do 110 with amulet)

exquisite Emerald ring: you mine 50% faster with tools and have a 25% chance of getting double ore from an ore vein and 5% chance for triple

exquisite Emerald amulet: you do not loose hunger during the day (because this amulet give you the power to take in energy form the sun like plants) does not work at night

exquisite Garnet ring: you gain 10% more xp in skills however you loose hunger 20% faster when worn (so make the time count)

exquisite Garnet amulet: when you are 5 blocks or closer to another player while they are working on a skill (smithing for example) you gain 25% of the experience they gain (no this does not subtract from the main workers xp total, you just gain 25% of the xp the main worker would normally gain)

exquisite Jade ring: Creepers fear you!

exquisite Jade amulet: you have a 5% chance of poisoning a player for 10 seconds

exquisite Jasper ring: you take 50% less fall damage

exquisite Jasper amulet: when using your fist you can knock players or mobs back as if you have knock back 3 however you do not inflict any damage upon them

exquisite Opal ring: animals become your friend 50% faster

exquisite Opal amulet: Skeletons no longer target you however you do take 25% more damage from all sources

exquisite Ruby ring: your max health is increased by 200 when worn

exquisite Ruby amulet: Red Steel weapons do 30% more damage and red steel tools mine 30% faster

exquisite Sapphire ring: water turns to ice under your feet (walk on water)

exquisite Sapphire amulet: you dehydrate 50% slower, Blue steel weapons do 30% more damage and blue steel tools are 30% faster

exquisite Topaz ring: you gain 50% more nutrition from food (if you eat fruit you gain 50% nutrition in the fruit slot then normal)

exquisite Topaz amulet:  you do 50% less damage however your attacks drain your enemies food bar (only works on players, obviously)

exquisite Tourmaline ring: while wearing this ring, ore quality goes up by one, except for rich (if your mining poor native gold you will get normal native gold instead while wearing ring)

exquisite Tourmaline amulet: you have a 5% chance when chopping down a tree to gain a sapling (even the unobtainable ones like acacia)

Step 6: place the ring or amulet in the jewelry slot to the right of your plate body slot.

before i leave i wanted to also ask if possible to make some kind of kiln oven instead of doing it in the ground all the time, because late game it gets pretty dam annoying to dig a pit and fire clay items in my opinion.

also since this is very overwhelming of a project, i most likely wont see anything like this in TFC ever in my lifetime, I understand, its not easy to be a programmer, but i just thought id put this down so i don't forget in case the subject should ever arise "what do we add now" 

Thanks for your time! and thank you to those who make this awsome mod possible, i meen stacking ingots in a game?! thats badass! I dont know why no one else thought about it!

Edited by Kittychanley
Duplicate suggestion. Merged into older one.

It's definitely kinda frustrating that things like platinum and gems are currently useless -- I was excited when I found a platinum nugget, but then I realized there was absolutely nothing I could do with it. Of course, I wouldn't expect any practical use from gems (or platinum), but they could make sweet decorations, and that's good enough for me!

Well, I think the art could be easily generated.
The items could work with meta :) All in all

Art neede:

• Ring, all metals (inventory, on player)
  • Neckless, all metals (inventory, on player)
  • Amulet, all metals (inventory, on player)
  • Bracelet, all metals (inventory, on player)
  • Gems, uncut
  • Gems, cut (chipped) (inventory, on player)

The on player models could be easily generated in game with metainf. I assume if gems have a use they would not come out cut, it just does not seem the terma way :P

That's probably the best way to do the textures. Unfortunately, in MC rings and bracelets would be difficult to see even if you could place them on the player model, and I think we could leave out necklaces and just stick to amulets. But the same principle could be used for things like jewelled armor/weapons, goblets, plates, bowls, crowns, etc. You could further reduce the number of textures needed by restricted "luxury" artifacts to non-tool metals, like tin, gold, silver, and platinum. That way we'd have two distinct and consistent categories of metals --- tool metals and luxury metals. This could be a one-shot fix for every single currently useless metal in the game!

EDIT: On second thought, luxury item textures could be made even simpler; instead of overlaying gem textures onto item textures, just use the same mechanic as vanilla dyed leather armor, and alter the color of certain pixels depending on the gem.

Edited by quasitonality

Maybe you cold make gem glass? Its like stained glass but in a crucible with gem dust+glass= Molten stained glass of that color than to shape it you can make a block mold or pane mold