Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arctic_Wolfy

Burn Creeper Burn! And Boom!

10 posts in this topic

I'd like to see creepers explode if they die from fire damage. It makes sence. They're made of gunpowder. And if the fire burned enough to kill them. It should be enough to light the gunpowder?

Yea this does make sense, though if this is done, lava should not make them explode, as that would make them much less common when they are moved underground.

Creepers are going to be moved underground with Zombies. skelitons, etc. just so know.

Of course, it would make no sense for an exploding animal to have safety mechanisms to prevent that, and even if it is on fire, what are the chances that it will actually burn through all the skin and mussel tissue and actually reach the gunpowder?

That aside, this would make creepers much more... fun to play around with

Of course, it would make no sense for an exploding animal to have safety mechanisms to prevent that, and even if it is on fire, what are the chances that it will actually burn through all the skin and mussel tissue and actually reach the gunpowder?

That aside, this would make creepers much more... fun to play around with

the way I've imagined, they wouldn't have muscle the way you think of it. My explination theory has always been that creepers are a special type of plant. No seriously! They are grown by their plant instead of a seed or fruit, they walk to another location to spread that plants gentic material, and then explode to spread the seeds a little more. They seek out and kill/deter any herbivorous animals that might eat the seeds or eventual plant. Makes good evolutionary sense.

plus I think its a logical assssociation (punny). They're green, have no apendages except feet, and (logic aside) have a frowny face because their purpose is to hurt other living things and die :(.

so if they were on fire, they would WANT to explode (evoluntionarily speaking) to spread the seeds out before the whole kaboodle burns in the fire.

the way I've imagined, they wouldn't have muscle the way you think of it. My explination theory has always been that creepers are a special type of plant. No seriously! They are grown by their plant instead of a seed or fruit, they walk to another location to spread that plants gentic material, and then explode to spread the seeds a little more. They seek out and kill/deter any herbivorous animals that might eat the seeds or eventual plant. Makes good evolutionary sense.

plus I think its a logical assssociation (punny). They're green, have no apendages except feet, and (logic aside) have a frowny face because their purpose is to hurt other living things and die :(.

so if they were on fire, they would WANT to explode (evoluntionarily speaking) to spread the seeds out before the whole kaboodle burns in the fire.

That actually makes sense. And i'd really love creepers to become more fun. And the check are already in the game to see what an animal died by. Living pig + fire = dead pig + cooked pork.

I would love it if after some time, the site of a creeper explosion sprouted creeper plants that spawn creepers by the dozen.

But if the creeper is a plant, and it's alive, wouldn't it just liknda smolder but not really catch on fire for a goodly long time?

I would love it if after some time, the site of a creeper explosion sprouted creeper plants that spawn creepers by the dozen.

But if the creeper is a plant, and it's alive, wouldn't it just liknda smolder but not really catch on fire for a goodly long time?

That sounds deliciously evil :3 especially if you could pick up the plants or have a "transplant" mechanic so you could put them in other peoples bases for an unpleasent surprise :ph34r:

Depends on the plant. My geuss is if this plant is growing gunpowder (or something with similiar properties) in it's center there is bound to be enough traces on the outside of it's body to be highly flammable.

I like the idea in general (especially creeper seeds part :wink:) , but I gotta advise you to not go deep into 'realistically makes sense' part of this suggestions.

Flammable doesn't really mean explosive. IRL you'd actually want the bomb shell as intact as possible, because if it's not, it will leak combustion products out, which can even result in inner pressure not being able to break the shell. Which means no explosion, just a bit of a puff of smoke.

If anything, walking plant like that would want to explode as to not burn the seeds with itself, not because fire got to gunpowder and lit it.

If anything, walking plant like that would want to explode as to not burn the seeds with itself, not because fire got to gunpowder and lit it.

That's what I said :)

This is getting really interesting. ANd I'm liking these ideas. And it would be cool if the plant could grow in soil... But liked a living entity more as it's "potting soil". Got that idea from an episode of Smallville. The show is basically following superman from the time he finds out he's from another planet to the time he learns to fly. And in one episode. And alien plant lady needs to use human males to grow her seeds. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0